He got what he deserved

flopstock

He got what he deserved

Post by flopstock »

A Texas father beat a man to death after catching him molesting his 4-year-old daughter in a horse barn, The Houston Chronicle reports. The incident happened Saturday evening near Shiner, Texas.

Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon identified the deceased as a 47-year-old man from Gonzales, Texas. He was reported dead at the scene, however, his name will not be released until his next of kin is notified.

Texas Dad Beats Man to Death After Catching Him Molesting His Four Year Old Daughter | Video | TheBlaze.com

I can't imagine reacting differently, can you?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

He got what he deserved

Post by YZGI »

flopstock;1396104 wrote: A Texas father beat a man to death after catching him molesting his 4-year-old daughter in a horse barn, The Houston Chronicle reports. The incident happened Saturday evening near Shiner, Texas.

Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon identified the deceased as a 47-year-old man from Gonzales, Texas. He was reported dead at the scene, however, his name will not be released until his next of kin is notified.

Texas Dad Beats Man to Death After Catching Him Molesting His Four Year Old Daughter | Video | TheBlaze.com

I can't imagine reacting differently, can you?

Nope
AnneBoleyn

He got what he deserved

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Was the deceased doing a Sandusky Tribute? Ughhhh.
spot

He got what he deserved

Post by spot »

flopstock;1396104 wrote: I can't imagine reacting differently, can you?You left out a whole stack of "said he saw" and "allegedly"s from what you wrote, flopster. It makes for a very different report.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

He got what he deserved

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1396125 wrote: You left out a whole stack of "said he saw" and "allegedly"s from what you wrote, flopster. It makes for a very different report.

That's just the way the media has to write it to be politically correct and not get sued by the relatives of the deceased.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

He got what he deserved

Post by flopstock »

spot;1396125 wrote: You left out a whole stack of "said he saw" and "allegedly"s from what you wrote, flopster. It makes for a very different report.

I didn't leave out anything. I simply put enough of the story to give the gist of the link I included.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Accountable

He got what he deserved

Post by Accountable »

Shiner's famous for their beer.
spot

He got what he deserved

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1396139 wrote: That's just the way the media has to write it to be politically correct and not get sued by the relatives of the deceased.Actually no, it changes the story. If anyone were so daft as to punch a chap to death round the back of a barn within sight of his four year old daughter who screamed at the violence, he might well fudge the order of screams and punches so as to concoct the claimed events. The "says he saw" is vital to the report. The subsequent police investigation is what finds out what happened, not the "says he saw".
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

I was thinking the same thing. I guess being traumatized by extreme physical violence is preferable to sexual molestation. And the killer has another problem too because if he says he made sure the child was taken out of the situation before the killing he opens himself up for premeditated murder charges, I'd think.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
flopstock

He got what he deserved

Post by flopstock »

spot;1396150 wrote: Actually no, it changes the story. If anyone were so daft as to punch a chap to death round the back of a barn within sight of his four year old daughter who screamed at the violence, he might well fudge the order of screams and punches so as to concoct the claimed events. The "says he saw" is vital to the report. The subsequent police investigation is what finds out what happened, not the "says he saw".

"The group later heard the girl screaming behind the barn, Harmon said. Her father ran to see what was wrong and said he saw the man allegedly sexually assaulting the child. While pulling the man away from the girl, he hit the man several times in the head, Harmon said."

The group heard, Spot-not just the father. Seems to me that you are fudging the order of events.

spot

He got what he deserved

Post by spot »

flopstock;1396158 wrote: "The group later heard the girl screaming behind the barn, Harmon said. Her father ran to see what was wrong and said he saw the man allegedly sexually assaulting the child. While pulling the man away from the girl, he hit the man several times in the head, Harmon said."

The group heard, Spot-not just the father. Seems to me that you are fudging the order of events.

Firstly, it's a newspaper report not a statement of evidence. Secondly, you're assuming "Her father ran to see" happened after "The group later heard the girl screaming". I quite accept the group heard, I didn't suggest otherwise. I'd not rely on the order of sentences in the paper to tell me the order they actually happened. I expect if you read a dozen news accounts you'll get a dozen different assumptions on the part of various reporters.
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

flopstock;1396104 wrote: A Texas father beat a man to death after catching him molesting his 4-year-old daughter in a horse barn, The Houston Chronicle reports. The incident happened Saturday evening near Shiner, Texas.

I can't imagine reacting differently, can you?Yes I could, actually. My immediate concerns would not be to vent my feelings at the time by reacting to satisfy my anger. I'd be focusing on the child, which both of these people involved neglected, if the child was in fact sexually molested. We have a legal system for a reason. Now this child's needs will continue to be neglected due to having to endure all the media and legal frenzy that comes with this sort of situation instead of beginning to heal properly. It's all rather selfish on behave of the killer.

Sorry I couldn't fit any "rah-rahs" in there.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

From the article in the OP:

“I would probably do worse,” he said. “The family will have to deal with that the rest of their lives, no matter what happens to the father. Even if they let him go, he and his child will have to deal with that the rest of their lives.”What this girl is left to deal with for the rest of her life is now far worse. The affects of what she saw her father do will serve to constantly remind this girl that her "loving" father has the capacity and willingness to murder others based on emotional stimuli. This girl will be frightened to challenge her father or any people he associates with because of this horrific event she's witnessed.

I guess though that that's okay in the mind of the adults because that's also a pretty good description of God. Ah the wonderful lessons Tough Love teaches such as a forever mindful; " You'll STFU if you know what's good for you!".

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
YZGI

He got what he deserved

Post by YZGI »

Ahso!;1396176 wrote: From the article in the OP:

What this girl is left to deal with for the rest of her life is now far worse. The affects of what she saw her father do will serve to constantly remind this girl that her "loving" father has the capacity and willingness to murder others based on emotional stimuli. This girl will be frightened to challenge her father or any people he associates with because of this horrific event she's witnessed.

I guess though that that's okay in the mind of the adults because that's also a pretty good description of God. Ah the wonderful lessons Tough Love teaches such as a forever mindful; " You'll STFU if you know what's good for you!".

Or, she will know that her father will always try to protect her. It's Texas, the father will walk.
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

YZGI;1396178 wrote: Or, she will know that her father will always try to protect her.I agree and that's a good lesson for when this little girls finds herself in situations where she can choose to either think and negotiate or threaten the use of the force of The Father. That'll carry on into her marriage and raising children as well.YZGI;1396178 wrote: It's Texas, the father will walk.He might and that's too bad. The man needs to understand his anger, and that, in his case, would probably take more time and work than he's willing to endure. It's better his daughter learn the hard lessons. I hope it turns out that I'm wrong about all that.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
YZGI

He got what he deserved

Post by YZGI »

Ahso!;1396180 wrote: I agree and that's a good lesson for when this little girls finds herself in situations where she can choose to either think and negotiate or threaten the use of the force of The Father. That'll carry on into her marriage and raising children as well.He might and that's too bad. The man needs to understand his anger, and that, in his case, would probably take more time and work than he's willing to endure. It's better his daughter learn the hard lessons. I hope it turns out that I'm wrong about all that.

I know you have daughters Ahso so I am assuming this would be your way of handling the scenario.

Ahso: Sir would you mind taking your hands and penis off my daughter please?

Perv: Uh, uh oh sh!t

Ahso: Sir I will now accompany my daughter to the house and explain to her why and what you were doing, do you mind sticking around until the police get here?

Perv: Uh, Uh oh sh!t!!

Ahso: Sir is there any chance I could ask you to pull your pants up while I speak to my daughter?

Perv: vroom vroom vroom
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

YZGI;1396189 wrote: I know you have daughters Ahso so I am assuming this would be your way of handling the scenario.

Ahso: Sir would you mind taking your hands and penis off my daughter please?

Perv: Uh, uh oh sh!t

Ahso: Sir I will now accompany my daughter to the house and explain to her why and what you were doing, do you mind sticking around until the police get here?

Perv: Uh, Uh oh sh!t!!

Ahso: Sir is there any chance I could ask you to pull your pants up while I speak to my daughter?

Perv: vroom vroom vroomYou surprise me. I'd put a quick stop to anyone violating any child, but I'd have the child's best interest in mind, not my own. Killing is excessive in a civilized society and it's a poor example of a reasonable response.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
YZGI

He got what he deserved

Post by YZGI »

Ahso!;1396193 wrote: You surprise me. I'd put a quick stop to anyone violating any child, but I'd have the child's best interest in mind, not my own. Killing is excessive in a civilized society and it's a poor example of a reasonable response.

I suprise you? You're acting as though you would have no anger. Anger is a natural response when a child is found in a dangerous situation that should not have happened.

Molesting little girls is excessive in a civilized society.
spot

He got what he deserved

Post by spot »

YZGI;1396197 wrote: Anger is a natural response when a child is found in a dangerous situation that should not have happened.If you'll pardon my interjecting, that anger should invariably be directed by the parent toward himself, since allowing the dangerous situation to have happened at all is absolutely invariably the responsibility of the parent. Devolving that responsibility is a choice, and rarely a wise one if just safety is the prime consideration.
K.Snyder

He got what he deserved

Post by K.Snyder »

Oh dear, oh dear...Why do these things happen?

Anyway, I think it's far easier to suggest what one might do in such situations than to react to them in any appropriate manner.

Because most people have generally made up there mind on what they would do under such circumstances it's an absolute must that the facts be 100% certain. In such cases the people involved are the only ones certain of them which means that the only debate is whether or not people find it ok for citizens to take law into their own hands. I believe it's been attempted in the past, but...

Um...

Ok, back to the torch burning and club waving...
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

YZGI;1396197 wrote: I suprise you? You're acting as though you would have no anger. Anger is a natural response when a child is found in a dangerous situation that should not have happened.

Molesting little girls is excessive in a civilized society.Of course I'd be angry for the reasons you state, but concern for the child longterm is also a natural response. Emotion cannot be negated but it can be tempered with reason. Both men (assuming the deceased was in fact guilty of molesting the child) failed as reasonably minded individuals. Someone has to step up and be the mature adult in certain situations.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

He got what he deserved

Post by Accountable »

YZGI;1396178 wrote: Or, she will know that her father will always try to protect her. It's Texas, the father will walk.

Walk ... right to the nearest bar for some Shiner's Wild Hare Pale Ale.

YZGI

He got what he deserved

Post by YZGI »

Accountable;1396219 wrote: Walk ... right to the nearest bar for some Shiner's Wild Hare Pale Ale.

Sounds great.
LarsMac

He got what he deserved

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1396162 wrote: Yes I could, actually. My immediate concerns would not be to vent my feelings at the time by reacting to satisfy my anger. I'd be focusing on the child, which both of these people involved neglected, if the child was in fact sexually molested. We have a legal system for a reason. Now this child's needs will continue to be neglected due to having to endure all the media and legal frenzy that comes with this sort of situation instead of beginning to heal properly. It's all rather selfish on behave of the killer.

Sorry I couldn't fit any "rah-rahs" in there.

Ahso!;1396201 wrote: Of course I'd be angry for the reasons you state, but concern for the child longterm is also a natural response. Emotion cannot be negated but it can be tempered with reason. Both men (assuming the deceased was in fact guilty of molesting the child) failed as reasonably minded individuals. Someone has to step up and be the mature adult in certain situations.

If you can stop and think analytically about all that while your daughter is being molested, I think you are a far more advanced human being than I have ever met.

Me, I am pretty certain that my initial reaction I would be quite visceral.

Most humans tend to act first, and analyze after it is all over.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1396224 wrote: If you can stop and think analytically about all that while your daughter is being molested, I think you are a far more advanced human being than I have ever met.

Me, I am pretty certain that my initial reaction I would be quite visceral.

Most humans tend to act first, and analyze after it is all over.Analyzing? How did you get that from what I wrote? The child comes first, not satisfying my anger. That's not analyzing, that's a selfless choice. By what's been said in this thread, if 2 people had walked in and one took the child out of the barn, that person is "a far more advanced human being than any you've ever met"? Really? IOW if 50 people had walked into that barn along with the father and all 50 took part in the beating of the guy that would be normal to you? Please!

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

He got what he deserved

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1396246 wrote: Analyzing? How did you get that from what I wrote? The child comes first, not satisfying my anger. That's not analyzing, that's a selfless choice. By what's been said in this thread, if 2 people had walked in and one took the child out of the barn, that person is "a far more advanced human being than any you've ever met"? Really? IOW if 50 people had walked into that barn along with the father and all 50 took part in the beating of the guy that would be normal to you? Please!

50 people? I don't think this is about mob psychology.

All I was referring to is the action of a father who just walked in on someone molesting his daughter.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1396276 wrote: 50 people? I don't think this is about mob psychology.

All I was referring to is the action of a father who just walked in on someone molesting his daughter.If this "father" were indeed fit to be called such he would have thought about the consequences his behavior would have on his daughter and his entire family. He didn't, he chose to satisfy his anger which makes him something other. This father cared more about his image and reputation as a tough guy than he cared for the wellbeing of his child.

The analyzing of this situation you rightly regard so highly could have and should have been left to a jury. But that's not an option because an out of control macho man went off the deep end - and people consider that as okay. You don't see anything wrong with that?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snooz

He got what he deserved

Post by Snooz »

Anyone claiming that they'd be able to react rationally in this same situation is lying out their ass. No one knows how they'd react and I'm sure the horror of actually killing someone, even a pedophile, is going to weigh heavily on this man's mind.

I'm getting really sick of the armchair analysts in here.
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

SnoozeAgain;1396279 wrote: I'm getting really sick of the armchair analysts in here.Looking to make the thread about you?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

He got what he deserved

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1396282 wrote: Looking to make the thread about you?
Just STFU.

LarsMac

He got what he deserved

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1396277 wrote: If this "father" were indeed fit to be called such he would have thought about the consequences his behavior would have on his daughter and his entire family. He didn't, he chose to satisfy his anger which makes him something other. This father cared more about his image and reputation as a tough guy than he cared for the wellbeing of his child.

The analyzing of this situation you rightly regard so highly could have and should have been left to a jury. But that's not an option because an out of control macho man went off the deep end - and people consider that as okay. You don't see anything wrong with that?

I doubt that you really believe that.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1396295 wrote: I doubt that you really believe that.Oh, but I do.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

He got what he deserved

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1396277 wrote: But that's not an option because an out of control macho man went off the deep end - and people consider that as okay. You don't see anything wrong with that?
The only thing wrong is your analysis.

Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1396301 wrote: The only thing wrong is your analysis.Okay. Now tell me why.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

He got what he deserved

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1396298 wrote: Oh, but I do.

Well, then, you are a very fortunate man.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1396303 wrote: Well, then, you are a very fortunate man.Okay. Now tell me why.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

He got what he deserved

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1396304 wrote: Okay. Now tell me why.

You don't know?
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1396306 wrote: You don't know?In the spirit of dialogue I've asked you to explain the meaning behind a sentence you wrote. If you prefer to not do that just say so.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

He got what he deserved

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1396302 wrote: Okay. Now tell me why.
Daughter in danger

Attacker dead

Daughter no longer in danger

Dad good.

It's simple.
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1396309 wrote: Daughter in danger

Attacker dead

Dad good.

It's simple.It sure is. You're proud of that?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

He got what he deserved

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1396310 wrote: It sure is. You're proud of that?

Nothing to be proud of. It just is.

Someone so well educated in evolutionary theory as your noble person should really be able to get that.

And, that my friend is why you are so fortunate. You have apparently never been faced with the immediate situation of the beast endangering the life of your family.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

He got what he deserved

Post by gmc »

Ahso!;1396193 wrote: You surprise me. I'd put a quick stop to anyone violating any child, but I'd have the child's best interest in mind, not my own. Killing is excessive in a civilized society and it's a poor example of a reasonable response.

Presumably he will face a jury of his peers, since his killing of the man is beyond doubt the function of a jury is also to decide if the action was reasonable in the circumstances. If he laid in to the molester in the heat of the moment and the man dies as a result I can't see any jury on the planet will find him guilty of murder. Manslaughter with no jail time would be the most likely result I would have thought. Was the provocation enough to make a reasonable man do as the defendant did? Let a jury decide that is why we have them. Most reasonable men - or women - if they found their child being attacked would not pause to think they would attack.
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1396311 wrote: Nothing to be proud of. It just is.

Someone so well educated in evolutionary theory as your noble person should really be able to get that."It just is" what that I "really should be able to get"? That fathers lack the capacity to not choose violence when confronted by a harrowing situation to a family member? Or is it that a parent shouldn't want to choose a nonviolent response? I have news for you all and that is that people more often than not choose the nonviolent way to deal with these situations, we simply don't read or hear about those situations by the media because they don't incite self righteous indignation like these stories do.

What evolutionary theory has taught me is that humans do indeed possess the capacity to condition the mind to choose reason above emotion when confronted by situations such as what this father claims he was confronted with.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

He got what he deserved

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1396310 wrote: It sure is. You're proud of that?

Of what?
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

gmc;1396312 wrote: Presumably he will face a jury of his peers, since his killing of the man is beyond doubt the function of a jury is also to decide if the action was reasonable in the circumstances. If he laid in to the molester in the heat of the moment and the man dies as a result I can't see any jury on the planet will find him guilty of murder. Manslaughter with no jail time would be the most likely result I would have thought. Was the provocation enough to make a reasonable man do as the defendant did? Let a jury decide that is why we have them. Most reasonable men - or women - if they found their child being attacked would not pause to think they would attack.It appears all we know as of now is that all the evidence will come from a killer and his four year old daughter. That should do it.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1396315 wrote: Of what?That this is all simple to you? I thought that was obvious when I wrote it.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

He got what he deserved

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1396317 wrote: That this is all simple to you? I thought that was obvious when I wrote it.
How would pride figure into it?
gmc

He got what he deserved

Post by gmc »

Ahso!;1396316 wrote: It appears all we know as of now is that all the evidence will come from a killer and his four year old daughter. That should do it.

If medical examination shows the girl had been molested it would be a fairly safe assumption she did not consent.
spot

He got what he deserved

Post by spot »

Accountable;1396309 wrote: Daughter in danger

Attacker dead

Dad good.

It's simple.

On the contrary, it's a disgusting reversion to the values of two hundred years ago. It's the reasoning behind the current spate of honor killings. You should be utterly ashamed to even think that way much less encourage others to go down the same road.
Ahso!

He got what he deserved

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1396318 wrote: How would pride figure into it?Pride's an interesting mechanism in grouping dynamics. You appear to have stepped forward with a puffed out chest and informed me in no uncertain terms of the group's preference for a simplistic sort of "screw it, that's how we like our justice" approach. It began in the thread with your "just STFU" defense and culminated in this confrontation.

Which reminds me to ask you: How is Pussy doing? Are you caring for her? I may have forgotten to warn you about her tendency to pee all over the place and stinking it up when let out in the main living areas. Admittedly, it is difficult to smell the evidence with a clothespin on one's nose. Me being in the carpet cleaning business, I've learned effective methods of neutralizing such stench. :)

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Crimes Trials”