scrap thief survives 66,00 volt shock the AA grumpy column

the grumps

Post by the grumps »

welcome once again to another column at the begining of a new week.

well as the sun was shining i thought i,d take the old bentley for a pootle to the golf course.

upon ones return the local paper had arrived and this was front page news.

A SCRAP metal thief who suffered a 66,000 volt electric shock when he tried to steal copper from an electricity substation was so desperate to escape detection he fled the scene after being resuscitated by his sister.

Matthew Atkinson, aged 21, suffered life-threatening injuries which put him in hospital for nine weeks but was so desperate to get away from police he ran away from Thurcroft electricity substation, Sheffield Crown court heard.

66,000 volt shock thief ran from police - The Star

AAG

and another rat who got away with a smack on the wrist sentence

the recorder had limitited sympathy there should have been no sympathy whatsoever and 12 months suspended for 2 years is a paltry sentence

with the cost of the damage for the sake of a few hundred quids worth of copper.

personally i hope your burns really hurt you scumbag it may teach you to keep your thieving hands to yourself in future.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

I've taken 10000 volts (3 amps) and it's quite a jolt. I've taken 480 at 30 amps and ended up bedridden for 10 days with 3rd degree burns on my hands, all I can say there is................. IT HURTS!!!

What's strange though is I still play with the stuff. I think the habit started when I was a kid and stack a fork in a light socket.

Wanna bet he'll be back to try again? Here clean copper is $3 a pound.

Return to “Crimes Trials”