new clue in jo yeates murder the AA grumpy column

the grumps

Post by the grumps »

a very good evening to a rather solomn column ( excuse the pun)

a vile crime was committed in bristol on christmas day of all days and has recieved a large media coverage i will say no more and let you read this chilling article first.

A CHILLING letter with a torn-off piece of pizza box was sent to the pub where murdered Jo Yeates had her last drink with pals.

The scrawled note mentioned Jo's name and was sent soon after her body was found.

Jo bought a Tesco Finest pizza on her way home the night she disappeared, but it is not known if the piece of box sent to the pub was from that pizza. No trace of Jo's pizza or its packaging has been found.

Sicko sent pizza box to Jo Yeates pub just after her body was found | The Sun |News

AAG

someone somewhere knows who killed jo yeates the murderer himself may have a guilty concience hence the note.

its just a matter of time before the net closes in on jo,s killer

even the sun has offered 50k to nail this murderer and if that isnt an incentive i dont know what is.

but what then he,ll probably get sent to parkhurst or dartmoor nick for the rest of his life isnt it time for a re vote on the death sentence ?

murder is becoming all too common and life is treated as cheap as courts hand out paltry sentences.

good luck and i hope the police nail this murdering scumbag shortly
spot

Post by spot »

I'm rather more interested in the character assassination in tabloid reports like, for example, http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... spect.html

If you consider that Mr Jefferies was hounded into hiding by this and other tabloid articles, that the content of the article is underhand, furtively suggestive and altogether vile, and that someone entirely different has since been charged with the murder, do you not feel that relying on such papers for "news" is a risky proposition?

Or do you think Mr Jefferies got everything he deserved and that the paper's blameless?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

spot;1351982 wrote: I'm rather more interested in the character assassination in tabloid reports like, for example, ‘The strange Mr Jefferies’ is Joanna Yeates murder suspect | The Sun |News

If you consider that Mr Jefferies was hounded into hiding by this and other tabloid articles, that the content of the article is underhand, furtively suggestive and altogether vile, and that someone entirely different has since been charged with the murder, do you not feel that relying on such papers for "news" is a risky proposition?

Or do you think Mr Jefferies got everything he deserved and that the paper's blameless?

So, who has been charged with the murder?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Post by spot »

flopstock;1351988 wrote: So, who has been charged with the murder?

Someone who isn't Mr Jefferies, despite the vile innuendo in those articles. I can't imagine the chap's name matters to the thread.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

spot;1351992 wrote: Someone who isn't Mr Jefferies, despite the vile innuendo in those articles. I can't imagine the chap's name matters to the thread.

Well, IMO it does if he/she is someone who contributed to the vile innuendo in those articles.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Post by spot »

flopstock;1351994 wrote: Well, IMO it does if he/she is someone who contributed to the vile innuendo in those articles.

Scarcely likely, that. The vile innuendo is the stock in trade of the tabloid journalist, may his bits drop off painfully. Nobody else invents it, just the journalists, something they're skilled at building from nowhere about anyone at all regardless of guilt. I despise them almost as much as I despise the investigating officer who chooses to lighten the pressure by arresting an innocent bystander, a step I reckon investigating officers adopt as a matter of routine. Both the officer and the journalist are banal manifestations of irresponsible unchecked power.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Trial by newspaper seems to be stock in trade for the tabloids. They ought to be made to compensate Mr Jeffries handsomely. Slightly eccentric he may be but to paint the picture of him that they did and to post his photograph on as may available pages, was a disgrace. His life may never be the same
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Post by spot »

Snowfire;1352002 wrote: Trial by newspaper seems to be stock in trade for the tabloids. They ought to be made to compensate Mr Jeffries handsomely.

They now have the opportunity to do so under compulsion, since they seem not to have volunteered. A quarter million for each slimy story which used a photo ought to put things right. I'd add a flogging for every editor whose paper ran the innuendo, were I running the country.Christopher Jefferies is suing papers including the Sun, Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, Daily Express and Daily Star.

Mr Jefferies, from Bristol, was the subject of media scrutiny after he was arrested last December on suspicion of murder. He was released without charge. None of the papers contacted by the BBC has so far commented on the action.

BBC News - Jo Yeates' landlord Christopher Jefferies to sue papers

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1358002 wrote: They now have the opportunity to do so under compulsion, since they seem not to have volunteered. A quarter million for each slimy story which used a photo ought to put things right. I'd add a flogging for every editor whose paper ran the innuendo, were I running the country.Christopher Jefferies is suing papers including the Sun, Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, Daily Express and Daily Star.

Mr Jefferies, from Bristol, was the subject of media scrutiny after he was arrested last December on suspicion of murder. He was released without charge. None of the papers contacted by the BBC has so far commented on the action.

BBC News - Jo Yeates' landlord Christopher Jefferies to sue papers

I remember several people being shocked when it turned out not to have been him - the reportage had been so "they've got the b'tard" that they were convinced the evidence was stacked against him.

People forget that "arrested" is a long way from "charged" and even further from "guilty".

Return to “Crimes Trials”