virginia grandmother gets death needle the AA grumpy column

the grumps

Post by the grumps »

hello and welcome back to another dose of the AA grumpy column.

yes its me like that elusive richard the third that wont flush away but i must stay within the FG rules.

A Virginia grandmother has been put to death for plotting the murders of her husband and stepson - the first woman to be executed in the US for five years.

Teresa Lewis was given a lethal injection at 2am BST at the Greensville Correctional Centre in southern Virginia while supporters and relatives of the victims watched.

AAG

im pro death penalty myself yet the two killers who did the murdering will not be executed.

they recieved life imprisonment yet teresa lewis paid the ultimate price for her greed.

me thinks this is justice the wrong way round shouldnt the killers have got the needle and teresa lewis 10 to 15 years for plotting it ?

the american justices got this very wrong
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

'Very wrong' is a bit dramatic.

She needed putting down. The fact that the other two did not get put down does not negate the fact that she needed putting down.

american justice was at worst - incomplete.

Oh ...and welcome back!
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Odie

Post by Odie »

the grumps;1334592 wrote: hello and welcome back to another dose of the AA grumpy column.

yes its me like that elusive richard the third that wont flush away but i must stay within the FG rules.

A Virginia grandmother has been put to death for plotting the murders of her husband and stepson - the first woman to be executed in the US for five years.

Teresa Lewis was given a lethal injection at 2am BST at the Greensville Correctional Centre in southern Virginia while supporters and relatives of the victims watched.

AAG

im pro death penalty myself yet the two killers who did the murdering will not be executed.

they recieved life imprisonment yet teresa lewis paid the ultimate price for her greed.

me thinks this is justice the wrong way round shouldnt the killers have got the needle and teresa lewis 10 to 15 years for plotting it ?

the american justices got this very wrong

welcome back!:guitarist

I agree, the two killers should have had lethal injections.

The grandmother plotted the scheme...she should have had life imprisonment.

it just makes sense.
Life is just to short for drama.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Question, would the killers have killed if the woman had not instigated it?

If not then why should she get a lesser penalty?
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

My thoughts exactly Bryn she was to much of a coward to pull the trigger herself doesn't make her any less guilty. I think they all should have been put down. :)

Question, would the killers have killed if the woman had not instigated it?

ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

the grumps

Post by the grumps »

Bryn Mawr;1334615 wrote: Question, would the killers have killed if the woman had not instigated it?

very good point BM & alloha possibly not but thats something we will never find out .

personal greed was the motivation for this crime but was the justice excessive as she didnt actually do the deed? but there again she is as guilty as the killers for instigating the crime.

so it cuts both ways although the actual killers got the lesser sentence in the end i suppose they should have done all three equally and executed them all then thats 3 lives for two its a many sided no win debate.

p.s its good to be back but i must behave myself :sneaky:
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Without a link grumps, it could be assumed that she was abused and wanted them dead.

In actual fact she recruited the 2 killers and bought them each a gun to kill her husband and stepson so she could inherit the insurance money. She may have sung hymns in church but she was also a sex addict, recruiting the killers (one of whom has already died in prison) with sex and promises of a payout from the insurance money. She plotted and planned the murders. She is a cold-hearted killer, irregardless of whether she pulled the trigger.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I can't help but wonder how a woman with an IQ of around 72 managed to do all this.

Mastermind a plot to buy insurance and then hire two unsuspecting dupes to off her loving husband, and adorable step-son.

I'm not saying she was innocent, but somethings a bit funny, here.

Not that it matters, now, though I hesitate in the rush to judgment.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

the grumps;1334592 wrote: hello and welcome back to another dose of the AA grumpy column.

AAG

the american justices got this very wrong Andy :-4:-4:-4

Not sure I agree Mate. Looks like more to It than meets the eye. :-2:-2
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Put them all down.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Hello Andy!

Here is a link to this story:

Death row for her crimes | GoDanRiver.com
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Crimes Trials”