It's in process

G#Gill

It's in process

Post by G#Gill »

Peter Lake;1320014 wrote: You have to take into account the English penal system where their sentences will be halved for good behaviour, then minus the year they have spent on remand. Craig and Warren will be back on the streets in a year and Jimmy today walked free as his sentence exceeded time spent on remand awaiting trial.

It's kids stuff because by our laws, they had to be sentenced as children.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dors ... n=BBC+News

Don't worry odie, Craig will probably get sent to Vinney Green where he'll have televisions, computers, pizza on a friday night, who knows? He may join forum garden when he's not using the gym or the sauna.

They have TVs, recreation rooms, gyms, libraries. Items like PS2 and PCs have to be purchased by the inmate through the prison and then only if they have attained a certain level of behaviour and involvement with courses and programmes. If they do manage to purchase a PC, they will certainly not be able to go on the internet!

I have to agree that the sentencing is ridiculously light ! There will hardly be enough time for them to get involved with courses and programmes, which are there to help rehabilitate them. I would think that any relatives and friends of the poor murdered man, must be totally horrified at the pathetic punishment ordered by the court. Is an innocent man's life so cheap? :mad::mad::mad:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Peter Lake

It's in process

Post by Peter Lake »

G#Gill;1320028 wrote: They have TVs, recreation rooms, gyms, libraries. Items like PS2 and PCs have to be purchased by the inmate through the prison and then only if they have attained a certain level of behaviour and involvement with courses and programmes. If they do manage to purchase a PC, they will certainly not be able to go on the internet!

I have to agree that the sentencing is ridiculously light ! There will hardly be enough time for them to get involved with courses and programmes, which are there to help rehabilitate them. I would think that any relatives and friends of the poor murdered man, must be totally horrified at the pathetic punishment ordered by the court. Is an innocent man's life so cheap? :mad::mad::mad: Quite rightly, the victems father is upset at the sentencing but we have to remember when getting irate at the short lengths given, it's down to the judge and not the boys who would've had no say in any sentence passed. Due to the ages at the time of the killing they had to be tried as children and that has a huge bearing on sentencing. The judge could have given the max but he didn't and sentenced according to age hence Jimmy's low sentence. It's down to the judge and nobody else that these sentences were passed and i'm sure they'll be cause for many a debate into our penal system. The boys were expecting life and to serve at least ten years so they'll be as shocked as everyone else.
G#Gill

It's in process

Post by G#Gill »

Peter Lake;1320029 wrote: Quite rightly, the victems father is upset at the sentencing but we have to remember when getting irate at the short lengths given, it's down to the judge and not the boys who would've had no say in any sentence passed. Due to the ages at the time of the killing they had to be tried as children and that has a huge bearing on sentencing. The judge could have given the max but he didn't and sentenced according to age hence Jimmy's low sentence. It's down to the judge and nobody else that these sentences were passed and i'm sure they'll be cause for many a debate into our penal system. The boys were expecting life and to serve at least ten years so they'll be as shocked as everyone else.

Well let's hope that they appreciate and respect the chance they have been given, to make amends, and to make something useful out of their lives.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

It's in process

Post by Odie »

Peter Lake;1320024 wrote: I was questioning where you'd got 'Craig Real bludgeoned him to death' as there seems to be no such statement in any of the newspaper reports. So, where did you get 'Craig Real bludgeoned him to death'? Or did you just make it up?

More to the point, why highlight Craig Real and his sentence? Why not highlight the one sentence that most are talking about, that of Jimmy who got just nine months? Why not highlight Warren and his four year sentence? So what made you jump straight to the sentence of Craig Real?

why just mention Craig Real your asking me? I'm shocked you don't remember Peter, you brought him up.

'Craig Real didn't bludgeon him to death, he kicked him to death.'

-why do you seem so defensive when his name is brought up, is he your relative involved in all of this?
Life is just to short for drama.
Peter Lake

It's in process

Post by Peter Lake »

Odie;1320032 wrote: why just mention Craig Real your asking me? I'm shocked you don't remember Peter, you brought him up.

'Craig Real didn't bludgeon him to death, he kicked him to death.'

-why do you seem so defensive when his name is brought up, is he your relative involved in all of this? Let's be factual here shall we? During the thread, Ahso brought up the fact that one of the boys was related to my wife but the thread continued regarding all of the boys involved. The thread then became inactive whilst we waited for all the boys to be sentenced and yesterday i put on the link showing how all three boys had been sentenced. At no time in that link or subsequent post did i mention Craig Real and it was you who went directly to his sentence and not that of the other two boys.

You make broad statements in this thread such as 'they went back to finish him off' and 'Craig Real bludgeoned him to death'. As these words have not appeared in any newspaper article, i asked you where you have got this from or if you just made it up, a reasonable question i feel given that on both of your statements, you were inaccurate.

So, i ask you again, why make such a statement about Craig Real and not Jimmy or Warren? The newspapers have actually reported very little regarding which boy did what and given that all three boys gave conflicting evidence, the truth is that nobody really knows what happened that night except for the boys and those they confided in and you would not be privvy to any evidence given in court. If you were going to be outraged at any of the sentences, why not that of Jimmy who walked free yesterday after getting nine months? It doesn't matter what the boys did, how they did it, or which one did what, you're making statements that you just make up as you go along. You're not privvy to the pathologist report detailing how the victem died and what injuries were inflicted, so to state 'Craig Real bludgeoned him to death' and not 'Jimmy Ayers bludgeoned him to death' is just another attempt to score points on a thread about a man losing his life in the most horrible way. You went straight to Craig Real to score points over my wife and no other reason and if she had been related to Warren Crago, you'd have gone straight to him. It's obvious for all to see but again, you're assuming that my wife has some interest in what your opinion is and your assuming you know what she thinks of the sentencing.
Odie

It's in process

Post by Odie »

Peter Lake;1320078 wrote: Let's be factual here shall we? During the thread, Ahso brought up the fact that one of the boys was related to my wife but the thread continued regarding all of the boys involved. The thread then became inactive whilst we waited for all the boys to be sentenced and yesterday i put on the link showing how all three boys had been sentenced. At no time in that link or subsequent post did i mention Craig Real and it was you who went directly to his sentence and not that of the other two boys.

You make broad statements in this thread such as 'the 3 went back to finish him off' and 'Craig Real bludgeoned him to death'. As these words have not appeared in any newspaper article, i asked you where you have got this from or if you just made it up, a reasonable question i feel given that on both of your statements, you were inaccurate.

So, i ask you again, why make such a statement about Craig Real and not Jimmy or Warren? The newspapers have actually reported very little regarding which boy did what and given that all three boys gave conflicting evidence, the truth is that nobody really knows what happened that night except for the boys and those they confided in and you would not be privvy to any evidence given in court. If you were going to be outraged at any of the sentences, why not that of Jimmy who walked free yesterday after getting nine months? It doesn't matter what the boys did, how they did it, or which one did what, you're making statements that you just make up as you go along. You're not privvy to the pathologist report detailing how the victem died and what injuries were inflicted, so to state 'Craig Real bludgeoned him to death' and not 'Jimmy Ayers bludgeoned him to death' is just another attempt to score points on a thread about a man losing his life in the most horrible way. You went straight to Craig Real to score points over my wife and no other reason and if she had been related to Warren Crago, you'd have gone straight to him. It's obvious for all to see but again, you're assuming that my wife has some interest in what your opinion is and your assuming you know what she thinks of the sentencing.

Your the one assuming way to much here, I believe after sentencing, I brought up all 3 of them and as said time and time again to you, Craig Real was the actual one who killed him and was charged with manslaughter and how it was a ridiculous charge of 4 years, you said it would be cut in half, which meant just over 2 years, that is why I specifically brought him up.

- I am not making up statements as I go along:

'They then brutally punched and stamped on him. Mr Millward was left for dead with ten fractured ribs, a ruptured spleen and bleeding to the brain. After the attack, Crago and Real returned with a shopping trolley to continue the assault.'

-Trust me, I have absolutely no interest in what your wife says nor thinks.

- I simply asked if he was your relations which you have refused to answer.

- I'm not sure why you brought up such a personal discussion, perhaps it should have stayed at home.

I have no time for your games, you have belittled, bullied & accused me throughout this thread, as suggested, you are now on 'ignore'.

say whatever you like now, I no longer care.
Life is just to short for drama.
Peter Lake

It's in process

Post by Peter Lake »

Odie;1320111 wrote:

- I asked if he was your relations which you have refused to answer.

It was established early on in this thread that one of the boys was the nephew of my wife and i believe when Ahso asked the question, i confirmed that so your statement that i've refused to answer again, is inaccurate and another attempt to point score.

I don't know or care how your mind works but i'd take a stab in the dark that when i posted the sentencing of the boys you opened the link with glee and excited anticipation that a headline would scream 'Craig Real given life imprisonment' and you'd relish the news because you'd assume that my wife woud've been upset at the sentence of her nephew.

Your post just tells me that you're doing what you always do when backed into a corner after posting unfounded statements of which you've no knowledge and that is the ignore function when you can't answer questions to explain what you've written. You went straight to Craig Reals sentence beause you knew he was Oscars nephew and no other reason. You can't answer my question so you play the ignore card. It doesn't wash because you've made ridiculous statements on this thread and no amount of highlighting a paragraph in a local newspaper will earn you any credit. Even if the paragraph you've quoted is correct, where is your evidence of which boy did what? The victem was punched, kicked and stamped on and that we know by the pathologist evidence but you tell me as you're the expert, did all three boys kick, punch and stamp? Was it two of the boys? Was it one of the boys? Did one boy do the punching, another the stamping and the third the kicking? Did all three do it? Or is it just far more pleasurable to make your own mind up that it was all down to Craig Real, Oscar's nephew?

Return to “Crimes Trials”