Sion Jenkins

john8pies

Sion Jenkins

Post by john8pies »

Does anybody know enough about and have an opinion about the case of Sion Jenkins? As far as I am aware, this deputy headmaster was convicted of murdering his poor foster-daughter (out of respect for her natural family I am not naming her), however he only apparently had 3 minutes to walk behind his house, bludgeon her to death, then return to his car in which 2 of his daughters were in , remaining calm, before he drove them somewhere, returning later. The police evidence against him appears to rest on disputed forensic evidence, the fact that when he went out the second time it was to buy an item he already had in his garage, the fact that he took a circumlocutious route to buy that item, and the fact that he apparently lied about his qualifications when applying for his job, and because a friend had apparently seen him hit his step-daughter in the past, and acted strangely when the police arrived at the house - apparently he sat in his car outside, and had not called them immediately, anyway. His defence rests on the fact that the forensic evidence is non-conclusive, that he didn`t have enough time to commit such a ferocious murder, that the way he acted when he did when the police came was due to shock at discovering his foster-daughter dead, and that a strange person had been seen prowling about the area near his house (this person was apparently later called in by police but not arrested or charged owing to his mental state). There are several websites about this intriguing case and a campaign for his guilty verdict to be quashed.

Sion Jenkins was sentenced to life imprisonment following a guilty verdict and was the subject of several appeals. At the most recent one, his sentence was not quashed but a re-trial was ordered owing to doubts about the forensic evidence. Whilst on bail awaiting retrial, he apparently remarried - this time to a multi-millionairess. The retrial has now started. ?All very strange? Is this yet another miscarriage of justice or was he indeed guilty of the poor girl`s murder? :confused:
Bothwell

Sion Jenkins

Post by Bothwell »

I think the latest Forensics could put him back in prison, it is always very telling when the police say the following "We are not looking for anyone esle". As I understand it there have been skull fragments as well as blood found on his clothes which gets rid of his plea that he just cradled the dying girl.

John i am really not sure on this one but I am not so sure about Mr Jenkins either.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
lady cop

Sion Jenkins

Post by lady cop »

HEY! a murder case i don't know about??? fill me in! Bothwell i am shocked we haven't discussed this, since you have now become so conversant with our cop methods over here and are friends with my sheriff! ;)
john8pies

Sion Jenkins

Post by john8pies »

The case is a long, complicated and emotionally draining one and I`d advise anybody who wants to know fuller details to look it up on the internet. One of the bizarre things about this case is that the police allegedly told his ex-wife `he is probably guilty` BEFORE a trial had taken place (even though the accused is supposed to be `innocent until proven guilty` even if he is later found to be guilty) and that Jenkins was refused permission to take theology exams in prison until he confessed to his guilt about the murder - what is that all about - why should he be obliged to confess to a crime if he hasn`t committed it (and even if he has committed it, why should he be obliged to confess to it before he can utilise the educational facilities available without pre-condition to other prisoners? Most odd......
Philadelphia Eagle

Sion Jenkins

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

Sounds like it's time for the British to get real and introduce the death penalty.
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
john8pies

Sion Jenkins

Post by john8pies »

Please explain -are you saying the death penalty should be reintroduced, even if there is doubt as to the conviction; or that the death penalty should be reintroduced specifically for the murder of children? Thank you
Philadelphia Eagle

Sion Jenkins

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

I was referring to the fact that Britain does not have the death penalty even for first degree murder.

Reports I've read seem to suggest that crime in UK generally and the murder rate in particular are rising at an unacceptable rate and that the majority of British people would welcome the re-introduction of the death penalty.

It lends credence to the widely held belief here that the European countries are 'soft' on crime.
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
rofran

Sion Jenkins

Post by rofran »

This wealthy man is going to get off with murder, someone on the inside is helping him, his retrial is a joke--How many murderers qualify a retrial after this ? 100s.This is worse than o j simpson and the british tax payer must pay him millions for killing her now.Poor Billie Jo

Tears in heaven
rofran

Sion Jenkins

Post by rofran »

Tears in Heaven

:-1

Would you know my name if I saw you in Heaven?

Would you feel the same if I saw you in Heaven?

I must be strong and carry on,

'Cause I know I don't belong here in Heaven ......

Would you hold my hand if I saw you in Heaven?

Would you help me stand if I saw you in Heaven?

I'll find my way, through night and day,

'Cause I know I just can't stay here in Heaven .....

Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees.

Time can break your heart, have you begging .... please ...

Beyond the door, there's peace I'm sure.

And I know there'll be no more tears in Heaven .......

Would you know my name if I saw you in Heaven?

Would you feel the same if I saw you in Heaven?

I must be strong and carry on,

'Cause I know I don't belong here in Heaven .......
bongbong

Sion Jenkins

Post by bongbong »

i never thought Jenkins was guilty.
kas

Sion Jenkins

Post by kas »

Philadelphia Eagle;56813 wrote: Sounds like it's time for the British to get real and introduce the death penalty.

If britain had not abolished the death penalty in 1969 (no one was hanged after 1965 trial period) we would by now have put to death more than 100 innocent people.

That's why the death penalty will never be re-introduced in this country.
kas

Sion Jenkins

Post by kas »

Looks like the USA needs to have a re-think too.

100th Death Row Inmate Exonerated - ABC News

Return to “Crimes Trials”