Sentence barring medical marijuana use upheld

Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

A judge who wanted a gun-toting youth to clean up his act was acting within his power by forbidding him to use the medical marijuana he took for migraine headaches as part of a probation sentence that kept him out of prison, a state appeals court in San Francisco has ruled.

The First District Court of Appeal said the Solano County judge reasonably decided that becoming drug-free would help the youth turn his life around. But a dissenting justice said the 2-1 ruling undermines the medical marijuana law that California voters approved in 1996.

The initiative, Proposition 215, allows marijuana use with a doctor's approval. In a lengthy dissent, Presiding Justice J. Anthony Kline said a judge's order to forgo pot or face prison, for a crime unrelated to drugs, violated Prop. 215's ban on criminal punishment for medical marijuana users.

Read more: Sentence barring medical marijuana use upheld
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

What about society’s headache in having to deal with little sh1ts like this?

Take away is marijuana, stick him in jail and give the rest of us relief.

China would know what to do with him...
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

The use of marijuana as a herbal medicine for some people with M.S. has assisted in the alleviation of the discomforts and pains associated with this disorder.

Pre-war, this herb was available as a medicine.

As it is found to be beneficial to certain sufferers of M.S. and other disorders, (where other medicines fail to assist as affectively), it is a surprise to me that this herb cannot be made legally available on prescription for such people, where the supply and administration can be strictly controlled.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

G#Gill;1277299 wrote: The use of marijuana as a herbal medicine for some people with M.S. has assisted in the alleviation of the discomforts and pains associated with this disorder.

Pre-war, this herb was available as a medicine.

As it is found to be beneficial to certain sufferers of M.S. and other disorders, (where other medicines fail to assist as affectively), it is a surprise to me that this herb cannot be made legally available on prescription for such people, where the supply and administration can be strictly controlled.

But he has migraines, not MS.

Why can't he take Migrelieve like the rest of us?

i.e., there MUST be some other medication he can take for his headaches, without having to resort to Class B drugs!
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Rapunzel;1277427 wrote: But he has migraines, not MS.

Why can't he take Migrelieve like the rest of us?

i.e., there MUST be some other medication he can take for his headaches, without having to resort to Class B drugs!Its only a class b drug in order to protect the profits of the pharmaceutical industry. marijuana should not be illegal. Hell, its safer than probably 95% of the over the counter stuff and its less toxic than a lot of the meat we eat.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I wouldn't wish a full blown migraine on my worst enemy.

If he's gun toting though, and has one, he might blow his own head off.

that wouldn't be good.

Return to “Crimes Trials”