Kids Sue Mom

Peg

Kids Sue Mom

Post by Peg »

This is just crazy.

Two adult children are suing their biological mother for intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress that they say occurred over a period of more than 14 years.

Steven A. Miner II is 21 years old and Kathryn R. Miner is 18. Together, they are suing their mother Kimberly A. Garrity in a complaint that details years of alleged mistreatment, including the following:

- Garrity will invite one child to an event without inviting the other.

- Garrity would purchase things for Kathryn without purchasing anything for Steven.

- Garrity offered to provide college financial assistence to Steven and not Kathryn.

- Garrity did not provide Christmas or birthday gifts to Steven from 1996 through 2005 or Kathryn in 2007.

- When Steven took back a popsicle jewelry box he made Garrity, she called the police because she asserted there was a diamond necklace in it.

- Garrity told Steven that if he didn't wear his seatbelt, she would drive to a local police station and tell the cops.

- Garrity smacked Steven on the head for no reason in 1994.

- Garrity did not provide "so much as a care package to Steven while he was away at college, while other parents send their children items and packages on a continuous basis."

- Garrity "refused to assist Kathryn with the purchase of a dress but, provided Kathryn with the use of an automobile for homecoming; and then proceeded to contact her at midnight while she was with her friends and made her return the automobile."
Odie

Kids Sue Mom

Post by Odie »

did you read the actual court papers?

seems the mother never really cared about them.
Life is just to short for drama.
Peg

Kids Sue Mom

Post by Peg »

- Garrity told Steven that if he didn't wear his seatbelt, she would drive to a local police station and tell the cops.

- Garrity smacked Steven on the head for no reason in 1994.

- Garrity did not provide "so much as a care package to Steven while he was away at college, while other parents send their children items and packages on a continuous basis
Wanting him to wear his seatbelt sounds like caring to me.

How does one remember what year they were smacked for no reason?

A care package is a requirement from a parent? I know I would do that for my kids, but I would hope they wouldn't sue me if I didn't!
qsducks

Kids Sue Mom

Post by qsducks »

These two adults/children sound like spoiled brats...If I was the mom, I would countersue those two.:wah:
chonsigirl

Kids Sue Mom

Post by chonsigirl »

I agree QS! What a bunch of brats!
qsducks

Kids Sue Mom

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;1235135 wrote: I agree QS! What a bunch of brats!

She birthed them, gave them life, a home...I'm sure she did all their laundry. She's doing what all mom's do...take care of the kids. Total brats in my book.
chonsigirl

Kids Sue Mom

Post by chonsigirl »

She should charge them for every load of laundry and dish that she washed for them........:mad:
fuzzywuzzy

Kids Sue Mom

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

If you have a look at the human rights charter for children. A parent is only obligated to provide a "safe haven" or dwelling for children . That means technically you do not have to provide 'a' bedroom or bed for that matter.

Food has to be nutritional, clean water and rice is nutritional.

Schooling - parents only have to provide acsess to a school ........not the school clothes just the school..

I can't believe these idiots are suing over christmas presents??????? WTF?

this could be a warning to us all!!! don't forget that $8000 bike for jimmy this christmas if you don't want to be sued in the future.

I think this woman should adopt them out .......hand them over as wards of the state and see how much they get then!!!!!

thanksgiving dinner would be a real hoot at their house.:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Kids Sue Mom

Post by qsducks »

fuzzywuzzy;1235152 wrote: If you have a look at the human rights charter for children. A parent is only obligated to provide a "safe haven" or dwelling for children . That means technically you do not have to provide 'a' bedroom or bed for that matter.

Food has to be nutritional, clean water and rice is nutritional.

Schooling - parents only have to provide acsess to a school ........not the school clothes just the school..

I can't believe these idiots are suing over christmas presents??????? WTF?

this could be a warning to us all!!! don't forget that $8000 bike for jimmy this christmas if you don't want to be sued in the future.

I think this woman should adopt them out .......hand them over as wards of the state and see how much they get then!!!!!

thanksgiving dinner would be a real hoot at their house.:yh_rotfl

they are adults so forget adopting them out...I say throw them out period. See how life really is all about...because the world isn't going to kiss their sorry arses.
fuzzywuzzy

Kids Sue Mom

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Agreed ducky !!! I knew a man once who's children were a bit like this . he has money, lots of it, but he earned it and expected his children to do so as well......he has offered money for trips and houses etc. but they still cry "daddy doesn't love me " ......they wondered why i didn't like them much.:-5
ZAP

Kids Sue Mom

Post by ZAP »

Insane!!
qsducks

Kids Sue Mom

Post by qsducks »

fuzzywuzzy;1235169 wrote: Agreed ducky !!! I knew a man once who's children were a bit like this . he has money, lots of it, but he earned it and expected his children to do so as well......he has offered money for trips and houses etc. but they still cry "daddy doesn't love me " ......they wondered why i didn't like them much.:-5

Wtf? If he expected his children to earn it...he should have pushed them both out the door at the age where you can get a part time job & still go to school. Christ, what do these spoiled brats want?

Return to “Crimes Trials”