Texas Judge on trial over execution.....

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Texas judge Sharon Keller on trial for mishandling execution of convicted murder Michael Richard | World news | guardian.co.uk
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

If the man was proven guilty, I don't see what the fuss is about. Seems like their only beef is that she went home a bit early and perhaps, that she is Republican.
Oscar Namechange

hoppy;1231519 wrote: If the man was proven guilty, I don't see what the fuss is about. Seems like their only beef is that she went home a bit early and perhaps, that she is Republican. When a girl has to do home repairs.... a girl has to do home repairs.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Wow, I'm mixed on this. On one hand if the guy's been convicted of heinous crimes like that, off with his head. But then again her remark/attitude seems very callous when you are dealing with a life. Still....if he did it...

Personally, this little segment bothers me a lot more:

n 1998 she ruled in a case involving a man with learning difficulties, denying him a retrial despite DNA evidence that appeared to prove his innocence.
Oscar Namechange

RedGlitter;1231539 wrote: Wow, I'm mixed on this. On one hand if the guy's been convicted of heinous crimes like that, off with his head. But then again her remark/attitude seems very callous when you are dealing with a life. Still....if he did it...

Personally, this little segment bothers me a lot more: Yes, that is worrying.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

This appears to be the lawyers' reason for requesting a stay of execution: - "That morning the US supreme court had cast doubt on the constitutionality of using lethal injection - the form of death administered by Texas - by agreeing to rule on whether it amounted to cruel and unusual punishment."

Return to “Crimes Trials”