Police cannot be trusted with fines, magistrates warn.

Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

"Police cannot be trusted to hand out summary justice and will act as “judge and jury” if given powers to issue more on-the-spot fines, magistrates have warned."

From: Police cannot be trusted with fines, magistrates warn - Telegraph

What do you think?
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bill Sikes;1231301 wrote: "Police cannot be trusted to hand out summary justice and will act as “judge and jury” if given powers to issue more on-the-spot fines, magistrates have warned."

From: Police cannot be trusted with fines, magistrates warn - Telegraph

What do you think?

"MPs expressed surprise that magistrates would have accused police of being untrustworthy. "

Errrrr........ why the surprise?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Careless driving covers a wide range of behaviour from minor inattention to driving that is only just below the level of dangerous.

What would be dangerous? Texting, cell phone talking, just under the legal limit of DUI?
Oscar Namechange

Don't trust police over £60 on-the-spot driving fines, magistrates warn | Mail Online

The Mail is now saying that police will issue on the spot fines to innocent drivers.

I think it really comes to some-thing when even the Magistrates don't trust the British Police. We already know that Judges don't trust them in the slightest.

Issuing on the spot fines is no doubt a government incentive to keep people out of the courts so they can tell us crime rates have dropped.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Barman

Post by Barman »

oscar;1231468 wrote: Don't trust police over £60 on-the-spot driving fines, magistrates warn | Mail Online

The Mail is now saying that police will issue on the spot fines to innocent drivers.

I think it really comes to some-thing when even the Magistrates don't trust the British Police. We already know that Judges don't trust them in the slightest.

Issuing on the spot fines is no doubt a government incentive to keep people out of the courts so they can tell us crime rates have dropped.

It will be like other European countries before too long, allegedly.

Police topping up their wages with on the spot blackmail.
Oscar Namechange

Barman;1231472 wrote: It will be like other European countries before too long, allegedly.

Police topping up their wages with on the spot blackmail. Funny you should say that because I have found It works both ways although you are spot on. I was pulled very recently for no seat-belt. I didn't have a problem with It as I was at fault. I was expecting my on the spot fine and the officer asked If I was a certain person. Why I confirmed I was, he said 'I haven't seen you today'.. Nice one Officer :-6:-6
Barman

Post by Barman »

oscar;1231478 wrote: Funny you should say that because I have found It works both ways although you are spot on. I was pulled very recently for no seat-belt. I didn't have a problem with It as I was at fault. I was expecting my on the spot fine and the officer asked If I was a certain person. Why I confirmed I was, he said 'I haven't seen you today'.. Nice one Officer :-6:-6

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH it doesn't happen.:wah:

A friend of mine was pulled over for drunken driving in Spain, Benalmadena to be exact.

He paid the police 320 euros, they then told him to drive home carefully and don't do it again or you will be in trouble.:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Barman;1231479 wrote: SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH it doesn't happen.:wah:

A friend of mine was pulled over for drunken driving in Spain, Benalmadena to be exact.

He paid the police 320 euros, they then told him to drive home carefully and don't do it again or you will be in trouble.:yh_rotfl :wah: I have police officers in my family and I'm In the know :yh_rotfl

Return to “Crimes Trials”