USA furious over release of Lockerbie bomber on compassionate grounds.

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Lockerbie bomber suffering from cancer 'will be moved to Libya on compassionate grounds' | Mail Online
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Barman

Post by Barman »

Still a lot of debate over whether he is guilty. Could it have been the Iranians in a revenge attack over the airliner accidentally shot down a month earlier.

I suppose we will never know the truth.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Did this guy ever die or is he still in libya?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Post by spot »

He's in Libya. There seems a reasonable prospect in the next few months that, if a Libyan agency was responsible for the bombing, proof and details will come into the public domain. I'm interested to see whether it does.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

And I'm still furious.
spot

Post by spot »

Will you remain furious at his release if the new Libyan administration concedes that Libya had no hand in the bombing? Or will you be furious with the chicanery which must have misled the public for all these years for that to have been so widely believed?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I have seen him interview twice since the Libyan rebel's took over. Once by CNN reporter in Libya and a second time by some other reporter. The first time he couldn't speak so they said, the second time he looked better and spoke saying that the truth will come out after the uprising is over. So we shall see, we shall see. He didn't look like he was going to die anytime soon to me.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Snooz

Post by Snooz »

spot;1374982 wrote: Will you remain furious at his release if the new Libyan administration concedes that Libya had no hand in the bombing? Or will you be furious with the chicanery which must have misled the public for all these years for that to have been so widely believed?

I just thought the title that the US was furious was funny and decided to add some more ridiculosity. It's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.
spot

Post by spot »

As a Music Hall comedy act it's top league, but it does tend to deflate any attempt to discuss the opening post seriously.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Knowing the mindset of the SNP it's a fairly safe bet the release was not at the behest of the Westminster government or anyone else. An isolated act of compassion in a sorry story. I bet salmon all but told Tony to F__K off

The irony is if he hadn't been released he would probably be dead as the drug he was receiving isn't available on the NHS.

Return to “Crimes Trials”