What A Farce!

abbey

What A Farce!

Post by abbey »

Steven Gerrard, Liverpool FC Captain has been cleared of affray after punching a man in a bar.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Merseyside | Gerrard cleared after bar brawl

How the hell can He be cleared when He admitted the offence and it was shown quite clearly on cctv footage that He threw the first punch?

That trial should not have been held at Liverpool crown court.

It would be interesting to know what teams each of the jurors support.
kazalala

What A Farce!

Post by kazalala »

Im inclined to be suspicious also Abbey:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

What A Farce!

Post by G#Gill »

Fix ! Very disappointing to see Liverpool's captain and a well respected representative of the England National team putting himself in such a position.......

**** head !! :mad: What an example to set the youngsters !!!!! :mad:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
abbey

What A Farce!

Post by abbey »

I'd have given him 5 years. :sneaky: :wah:
el guapo

What A Farce!

Post by el guapo »

if you truly beleive you are in danger the law allow you to throw the 1st punch in self defence
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Barman

What A Farce!

Post by Barman »

abbey;1220899 wrote: I'd have given him 5 years. :sneaky: :wah:

Bet you nearly said 5 seasons.:wah:
abbey

What A Farce!

Post by abbey »

Barman;1220933 wrote: Bet you nearly said 5 seasons.:wah:
Well.....I didn't want to appear biased. :wah:
Oscar Namechange

What A Farce!

Post by Oscar Namechange »

el guapo;1220900 wrote: if you truly beleive you are in danger the law allow you to throw the 1st punch in self defence Your correct there el whopper. Was not that his plea throughout? That it was self defence?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
abbey

What A Farce!

Post by abbey »

I appreciate his defence was of self defence but it amazes me where the visual evidence is so overwhelming.
Oscar Namechange

What A Farce!

abbey;1221085 wrote: I appreciate his defence was of self defence but it amazes me where the visual evidence is so overwhelming. Out of interest.... what would you have said, if he played for UTD? :)
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
abbey

What A Farce!

Post by abbey »

I thought of this before I posted the thread and honestly, I would have felt the same.

When Eric Cantona kicked that fan I felt he should have been bounced by the courts not just the FA.

You have to appreciate how hard it is for a UTD supporter to say this, Cantona is, and always will be revered.

Dailymotion - Manchester United - Eric Cantona Kung Fu Kick - une vidéo Sports et Extrême

When Roy Kean was charged with hitting the teenager I prayed He'd get cleared because I just didn't believe the boy.

Roy Keane cleared of assault - Crime, UK - The Independent
Oscar Namechange

What A Farce!

abbey;1221088 wrote: I thought of this before I posted the thread and honestly, I would have felt the same.

When Eric Cantona kicked that fan I felt he should have been bounced by the courts not just the FA.

You have to appreciate how hard it is for a UTD supporter to say this, Cantona is, and always will be revered.

Dailymotion - Manchester United - Eric Cantona Kung Fu Kick - une vidéo Sports et Extrême

When Roy Kean was charged with hitting the teenager I prayed He'd get cleared because I just didn't believe the boy.

Roy Keane cleared of assault - Crime, UK - The Independent Fair enough. I think as in every trial or case, unless you are actually there, no-one can ever understand the situation. He may have felt genuine fear, intimidation etc and we all know that people do react some-times like an idiot in other people's eyes when frightened. If your not there, you can't understand what the atmosphere was like at the time. Even with cctv evidence, you can't see, feel, touch or smell fear. I know that from personal experience.

Witnesses can take facial expressions in the wrong manner and all sorts of similar issue's. As i also know, we can only read what is in the newspapers. The papers will write whatever to sell the papers at the end of the day and as i have found, papers can get it very wrong at times.

I agree with you on Cantona. That was just mindless violence.

I do also sympathise with these footballers a great deal. They very often can not go to a pub or a club for a drink without some slapper trying it on with them and then doing a kiss and tell to the press or some lardy gobshyte who thinks he will pick a fight on them.
gmc

What A Farce!

Post by gmc »

Judge Henry Globe told him: "The verdict is a credible verdict on the full facts of this case, and you walk away from this court with your reputation intact.

So the judge and the jury are all wrong are they? One of the reasons for having a jury of your peers pass judgement is that they are supposedly able to take in to account the reasons for your actions. If you think someone is about to attack you are entitled to defend yourself by taking the first punch-If a fight starts near you you don't always know who started it but most people would pile in to help their mates.on the other hand the guy that started it will probably go to jail.
abbey

What A Farce!

Post by abbey »

gmc;1221434 wrote: J

So the judge and the jury are all wrong are they? One of the reasons for having a jury of your peers pass judgement is that they are supposedly able to take in to account the reasons for your actions. If you think someone is about to attack you are entitled to defend yourself by taking the first punch-If a fight starts near you you don't always know who started it but most people would pile in to help their mates.on the other hand the guy that started it will probably go to jail.
Yes, in this case I do think they are wrong, He did'nt just take the 1st punch He also took the 2nd and 3rd!

the cctv shows He had to be pulled off the guy who was "about to attack him"
gmc

What A Farce!

Post by gmc »

abbey;1221444 wrote: Yes, in this case I do think they are wrong, He did'nt just take the 1st punch He also took the 2nd and 3rd!

the cctv shows He had to be pulled off the guy who was "about to attack him"

I'm sorry but one punch might not be enough to stop an attacker unless you are Mohammed Ali. Forget the fancy choreography you see on TV where one hit ends things, if you punch someone once they just get angry. The best way is to put someone down is any way you can and not give them time to hit back and that means belting them one till they drop. bar fights are short and vicious and it's a mistake to assume that anyone is thinking rationally once a fight starts, very few people can retain a cool head in those circumstances-even less so when drunk.
Oscar Namechange

What A Farce!

gmc;1221803 wrote: I'm sorry but one punch might not be enough to stop an attacker unless you are Mohammed Ali. Forget the fancy choreography you see on TV where one hit ends things, if you punch someone once they just get angry. The best way is to put someone down is any way you can and not give them time to hit back and that means belting them one till they drop. bar fights are short and vicious and it's a mistake to assume that anyone is thinking rationally once a fight starts, very few people can retain a cool head in those circumstances-even less so when drunk. I totally agree. CCTV can not show the atmosphere at the time nor can witness accounts.

If you really are in fear, you some-times have to take what may look to others as heavy handed tactics. Especially if the aggresser has several mates behind him that you fear could join in. No-one in their right mind will just stand there and be attacked. I agree with gmc that in some cases more than one punch is needed to dis-arm some-one.
dubs

What A Farce!

Post by dubs »

abbey;1221088 wrote: I thought of this before I posted the thread and honestly, I would have felt the same.

Roy Keane cleared of assault - Crime, UK - The Independent

Yes, but when the psychopathic freak crippled Alf-Inge Haaland, he should have been strung up by the nuts, then jailed...The Bastard!

YouTube - Roy keane cripples alf inge haaland

Oh Sorry! Gerrard is an overpaid child, who thinks he can do as he likes....And why shouldn't he, with a result like this. The nicest thing I can think of to say about him is....Scouse Git!

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..

Return to “Crimes Trials”