FBI's Most Wanted List....

along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

So that we all are informed and on the look-out for:

FBI - Most Wanted - The FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives

What would you do if you came across any of these men?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Dial 911? :-3
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'm a little confused here why is the first guy on par with Osama ? Not playing down his role in the molestation of the little girls but why is among the ten? Understand the others though
along-for-the-ride

fuzzywuzzy;1219357 wrote: I'm a little confused here why is the first guy on par with Osama ? Not playing down his role in the molestation of the little girls but why is among the ten? Understand the others though

"Harper reportedly subscribed to Sovereign Citizen ideology and claimed to be a member of the Montana Freemen, a group involved in domestic terrorism activities. He has family ties to Arkansas and may have lived and worked in Wyoming and Montana."

This along with his molestation of children.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

who are the 'freemen'? Are they those guys I was told to stay away from that own their own helicopters and live in the hills of Maine?
along-for-the-ride

fuzzywuzzy;1219373 wrote: who are the 'freemen'? Are they those guys I was told to stay away from that own their own helicopters and live in the hills of Maine?

I'm not sure of those are the guys, but here is a

link to some info about them:

Montana Freemen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
spot

Post by spot »

They're all men for some reason. Odd, that.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

If this scenario were in Britain, you would dial 999 in a panic only to be told be a condescending, patronising call centre operator that you must be patient because your county only has 6 units out. 3 are confined to station booking in drunk and disorderly's, and the other 3 are busy doing paperwork. It's implied by the call centre operator that you are over-reacting and besides which, it's prom night and the streets are full of drunken kids. You are advised to calm down and have some sympathy for the police and wait patiently for a unit. You are graded as class C crime which means in police speak that the call means nothing, however, you are advised that if the said fugative shows any sign of attacking you in the next hour, to phone them back. They will then upgrade you to a class B situation if the fugative has a knife at your throat or is in the action of buggering your children. After your partner has found your murdered, raped body lying in the path, the call centre will upgrade you to a class A call out. Some three hours later, a dis-interested plod will arrive complaining that he hasn't had a cup of tea for 5 hours and tasar your partner for bothering the police in the first place.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

I quite fancy the 'Godwin' guy. What did he do?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1219440 wrote: If this scenario were in Britain, you would dial 999 in a panic only to be told be a condescending, patronising call centre operator that you must be patient because your county only has 6 units out. 3 are confined to station booking in drunk and disorderly's, and the other 3 are busy doing paperwork. It's implied by the call centre operator that you are over-reacting and besides which, it's prom night and the streets are full of drunken kids. You are advised to calm down and have some sympathy for the police and wait patiently for a unit. You are graded as class C crime which means in police speak that the call means nothing, however, you are advised that if the said fugative shows any sign of attacking you in the next hour, to phone them back. They will then upgrade you to a class B situation if the fugative has a knife at your throat or is in the action of buggering your children. After your partner has found your murdered, raped body lying in the path, the call centre will upgrade you to a class A call out. Some three hours later, a dis-interested plod will arrive complaining that he hasn't had a cup of tea for 5 hours and tasar your partner for bothering the police in the first place.

Do you actually believe what you wrote here?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1219444 wrote: Do you actually believe what you wrote here? There are some elements in there that i recognise other than that i was just being beligerant about our useless police force.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1219449 wrote: There are some elements in there that i recognise other than that i was just being beligerant about our useless police force.

Last time I rang to report what appeared to be a break-in I had a paddy wagon with three officers on site within three minutes of dialing - the response was under way while I was still providing explanatory information to the controller. That was in late 2007. I think that's fairly typical.
Odie

Post by Odie »

last time I phoned the police for a possible-burglary next door, I waited 15 minutes on the phone....they had no idea where my street was.

...I had to give them directions!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:-5:-5:-5

sad, just said.
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1219454 wrote: last time I phoned the police for a possible-burglary next door, I waited 15 minutes on the phone....they had no idea where my street was...I had to tell them!:-5:-5

Perhaps I sounded rather more convincing, Odie. Who knows.

The first time I called out the emergency services I was eight. Ee, tip's on fire up clough, if I remember my words correctly. They were with me in five minutes, inspected tip up past clough with me and explained the nature of tips and emergencies in suitable language. In retrospect I think they did fine.
Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;1219456 wrote: Perhaps I sounded rather more convincing, Odie. Who knows.

The first time I called out the emergency services I was eight. Ee, tip's on fire up clough, if I remember my words correctly. They were with me in five minutes, inspected tip up past clough with me and explained the nature of tips and emergencies in suitable language. In retrospect I think they did fine.

8?

they did do great!

Here, we have roughly 15 police stations, and there are just way to many calls.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1219452 wrote: Last time I rang to report what appeared to be a break-in I had a paddy wagon with three officers on site within three minutes of dialing - the response was under way while I was still providing explanatory information to the controller. That was in late 2007. I think that's fairly typical. Sorry Spot, i believe that since 2007, our police force has declined in service. I blame government hard text book targets as partly responsible. I recently had a questionaire come in the post. Did You get one? Did you fill it in and return it? One of the questions was 'Do you trust the police'? In my mind, the doubt has to be there by the police and government that the police have lost respect and do not trust the police or they would not be trying to get a stat on it.

The Chairman of the RBL was haing a sleepless night near to your area and while looking out the window he spied a burgler getting in the window of a disabled old man across the road. He got a unit there who caught the burgler in the house red handed however, plod did stress to the Chairman that if they had not been on a break, they would never have got there in time and he just got lucky.

I call the police regually because as you know, we have a big anti-social-behaviour issue in our area. Even after bringing back the Specials to bolster numbers, police rarely attended within the hour. Often, It's three hours.

Our local police policy is to attend within 20 minutes but i have lost count of the times we have had off the record conversations with officers and they have expressed their umbrage and frustration at not being able to respond sooner.

If you go into our particular police force's website, there are some stats there for my area which give comparison percentage of crime figures.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1219459 wrote: Sorry Spot, i believe that since 2007, our police force has declined in service. .This is Bristol| News | One in three calls to Avon and Somerset police not an emergency is less than a year old.The target time for an operator to pick up an incoming emergency call is just 10 seconds.

Currently, operators answer 82 per cent of calls within the target time – but the police authority wants this to rise to 90 per cent. On average, each call is picked up in 13 seconds.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1219467 wrote: This is Bristol| News | One in three calls to Avon and Somerset police not an emergency is less than a year old.The target time for an operator to pick up an incoming emergency call is just 10 seconds.

Currently, operators answer 82 per cent of calls within the target time – but the police authority wants this to rise to 90 per cent. On average, each call is picked up in 13 seconds. I am not talking about

non emergency calls from time wasters or target time for operator pick up. I have found in general, the operator pick up has been fair. It's once they have picked up that the problem lies. It's then graded and police respond accordingly. I have learnt that anti-social-behaviour is not a priority.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1219471 wrote: I am not talking about

non emergency calls from time wasters or target time for operator pick up. I have found in general, the operator pick up has been fair. It's once they have picked up that the problem lies. It's then graded and police respond accordingly. I have learnt that anti-social-behaviour is not a priority.

So what you're missing at the moment is a proposed policy that you find acceptable, to replace the current one. Perhaps you'd like to outline what you'd prefer?
Oscar Namechange

spot;1219474 wrote: So what you're missing at the moment is a proposed policy that you find acceptable, to replace the current one. Perhaps you'd like to outline what you'd prefer?
They can not respond quicker in the main due to the force being under-manned.

Any targets set in the past or any future targets are futile until the Government invests heavilly into the Force and puts more bodies out there. Only then can they have a reasonable chance of achieving anything.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

spot;1219452 wrote: Last time I rang to report what appeared to be a break-in I had a paddy wagon with three officers on site within three minutes of dialing - the response was under way while I was still providing explanatory information to the controller. That was in late 2007. I think that's fairly typical.

not that i have had to call the police for any reason since i moved here,,, but where i am living now i imagine that might actually be true,,(or thereabouts) where i used to live before ,, um no. Bit class conscious our police here i find:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1219726 wrote: not that i have had to call the police for any reason since i moved here,,, but where i am living now i imagine that might actually be true,,(or thereabouts) where i used to live before ,, um no. Bit class conscious our police here i find:thinking:

Did you see that news item last night Kaz that said the percentage of youths going through the penal system are still predominatly black even after the police were said to be guilty of rascism in the Steven Lawrence case?
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oscar;1219729 wrote: Did you see that news item last night Kaz that said the percentage of youths going through the penal system are still predominatly black even after the police were said to be guilty of rascism in the Steven Lawrence case?

nope ,, didnt see that ,,, as far as my opinion goes ,, police are people and they will have their own views which will sometimes colour their job,, prejudices, ideals, whatever, what makes it worse is you dont feel its going to do any good to complain.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1219741 wrote: nope ,, didnt see that ,,, as far as my opinion goes ,, police are people and they will have their own views which will sometimes colour their job,, prejudices, ideals, whatever, what makes it worse is you dont feel its going to do any good to complain.
Your right. There are good officers out there but in any proffession you will have the one's that are a bloody disgrace based on their own individual ideals. Most decent officers in the force don't want the idiots in there to bring disgrace on them and damage the reputation of the police.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1219715 wrote: They can not respond quicker in the main due to the force being under-manned.

Any targets set in the past or any future targets are futile until the Government invests heavilly into the Force and puts more bodies out there. Only then can they have a reasonable chance of achieving anything.

I'd privatize the entire system and have several competing companies providing a genuine police service instead of the paramilitary enforcement squads we currently fork out for. I'd place a complete ban on any existing officer being recruited to the privatized area too on the grounds of incompetence and a systemic willingness to lie on oath.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1219796 wrote: I'd privatize the entire system and have several competing companies providing a genuine police service instead of the current paramilitary enforcement squads we currently fork out for. I'd place a complete ban on any existing officer being recruited to the privatized area too on the grounds of incompetence and a systemic willingness to lie on oath. I'm with you 100%. Yes, the systematic willingness to lie on oath. Even the PCC does not take this practice by officers seriousley enough.

Did you see the stats the Lib dems came up with showing that in just a few counties, there are over 1,000 police officers still serving with criminal records including in some cases, serious assault? Cleggy Boy stated he will obtain and expose the stats for the UK in time. That will be interesting. It makes a mockery of the judicial system when the enforcers of law have broken the law.
along-for-the-ride

Perhaps some of these 10 "most wanted" are living in one of these places:

Top Ten Fugitive Destinations - Crime Library on truTV.com
Odie

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1222019 wrote: Perhaps some of these 10 "most wanted" are living in one of these places:

Top Ten Fugitive Destinations - Crime Library on truTV.com

Canada

Richard Lee McNair

Bigger than the U.S. by 60 thousand square miles with one-ninth the population, Canada has a lot of space for the felonious fugitive who doesn't mind the country's challenging climate. One such cold-resistant criminal — convicted of a 1987 murder in chilly North Dakota — is Richard Lee McNair. Having escaped from prison twice, once by hiding in a mail bag and once via a ventilation duct, McNair earned himself a spot on the U.S. Marshals Service 15 Most Wanted List and a feature on America's Most Wanted. In 2007, he was finally captured by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, which he had narrowly eluded a year prior, in remote Campbellton, New Brunswick.

hats off to our Mounties!:guitarist:guitarist
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

spot;1219796 wrote: I'd privatize the entire system and have several competing companies providing a genuine police service instead of the paramilitary enforcement squads we currently fork out for. I'd place a complete ban on any existing officer being recruited to the privatized area too on the grounds of incompetence and a systemic willingness to lie on oath.

Privatization means that each police force in the country would have to make money in order to survive and grow. How on earth would they do that?

Also, I don't agree with your total ban on existing officers, there are some damn fine bobbies out there. You shouldn't let the few bad apples blacken all their names. (There are more than a few but many less than the whole).
spot

Post by spot »

Rapunzel;1222063 wrote: Privatization means that each police force in the country would have to make money in order to survive and grow. How on earth would they do that?For one thing I'd allow the competing companies to be national instead of the current regional arrangement. I'd allow information to be laid by anyone at all directly to the Director of Public Prosecutions who'd retain their current remit to prosecute unless there's an overriding public interest not to, with payment to the person or company laying the information only where it results in conviction - for one thing that would allow me to clear my local streets of all those blasted cars parked on pavements which the local force refuses to persecute on my behalf. Government priorities on which type of crime to focus on with more persistence could be driven by the rate paid for each category of prosecution.

I think the consequence would be a major rise in the proportion of crimes which lead to quick convictions, which is the only thing which will bring down the crime rate through deterrence. There'd need to be a centralized system of reporting crime just as railtrack is a centralized system providing the infrastructure on which competing rail service providers operate.

Return to “Crimes Trials”