Pregnant British drugs mule given life but escapes death penalty.

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Pictured: 'Drugs mule' Briton Samantha Orobator appears in Laos court after accusations she got pregnant to avoid the death penalty | Mail Online

Looks like Pantoandy was right in the first place when he first put the thread on about her getting pregnant to avoid the death penalty.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Unfortunately, it looks as though she'll be serving her sentence *here*.
Oscar Namechange

Bill Sikes;1198835 wrote: Unfortunately, it looks as though she'll be serving her sentence *here*.
I don't know if you saw Andy's thread on her but most posters jumped in to say she was cruelly raped in prison. Andy and i being cynical old gits didn't believe it.

Why the hell should we the tax payers have to fund her time in prison here? Why can't she rot where she is?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1198837 wrote: I don't know if you saw Andy's thread on her but most posters jumped in to say she was cruelly raped in prison. Andy and i being cynical old gits didn't believe it.

Why the hell should we the tax payers have to fund her time in prison here? Why can't she rot where she is?

No myself and other posters jumped in because the assumption that someone is arrested and charged means they must be guilty is deeply offensive to anyone with half a grain of common sense. The right to a speedy and fair trial and the assumption that you are innocent until proven guilty is a basic principle that someone with your experience of arrest and trial should well be able to understand the need for.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1198864 wrote: No myself and other posters jumped in because the assumption that someone is arrested and charged means they must be guilty is deeply offensive to anyone with half a grain of common sense. The right to a speedy and fair trial and the assumption that you are innocent until proven guilty is a basic principle that someone with your experience of arrest and trial should well be able to understand the need for. I agree with you but i was still a cynical old git when Andy first posted the thread..... mainly because she was caught with the gear on her. Having said that..... there is still a slim possibility that she was set up to be fair.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

oscar;1198868 wrote: there is still a slim possibility that she was set up to be fair.

Yes, that's true, isn't it, what a relief, she might be innocent after all - because, let's face it, one might easily overlook 68 "capsules" containing 1 1/2 lbs. of heroin being stuffed into various orifices of one's body, mightn't one. Could happen to anyone, couldn't it. Gosh, the first thing you'd think would be "Oh! I *wonder* where those 68 containers containing 1 1/2 lbs of heroin that I've just noticed stuffed into my various bodily orifices came from!". What a shock *that* would be for the poor innocent person! I wonder how the court could *possibly* convict with such superficial evidence!! Oh, Oh!! Oh, shame! Oh, fie!
Oscar Namechange

Bill Sikes;1198879 wrote: Yes, that's true, isn't it, what a relief, she might be innocent after all - because, let's face it, one might easily overlook 68 "capsules" containing 1 1/2 lbs. of heroin being stuffed into various orifices of one's body, mightn't one. Could happen to anyone, couldn't it. Gosh, the first thing you'd think would be "Oh! I *wonder* where those 68 containers containing 1 1/2 lbs of heroin that I've just noticed stuffed into my various bodily orifices came from!". What a shock *that* would be for the poor innocent person! I wonder how the court could *possibly* convict with such superficial evidence!! Oh, Oh!! Oh, shame! Oh, fie! :yh_rotfl I was thinking along the lines of a unscrupulous drugs baron blackmailing her into doing it but now you put it like that........... :yh_rotfl
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Samantha Orobator is back in the UK, where she will serve some of her sentence - probably not much, I imagine.

Bother. She should've been left where she was.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Well, if I was a woman facing the death penalty and knew that if I got pregnant the death penalty would not be applied, I'd probably do my best to get pregnant, too.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

My problem is that this POS is going to do some of her sentence *here*, and that some idiot actually worked to make this happen.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

A great shame that the same effort was not put into protecting Gary McKinnon from deportation to the US. :mad:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Clodhopper;1226654 wrote: Well, if I was a woman facing the death penalty and knew that if I got pregnant the death penalty would not be applied, I'd probably do my best to get pregnant, too.

:wah:thats exactly what i was thinking.. well not the if i was a woman part,, as i am a woman,, but ,, human instinct to survive innit. Not everyone will just say oh aye its a fair cop guv,, pass the noose:-3

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Crimes Trials”