Oakland California

Nomad

Oakland California

Post by Nomad »

The public held a rally for a rapist carjacker and murderer of four police officers in the line of duty. Id like to discuss this but I wouldnt know where to start. The implications exceed statements like whats wrong with these people or these people are cold hearted and cruel. Did they only see another black man shot dead in the street, nothing else mattered.

Im at a loss.

ALAMEDA COUNTY (KRON) – Many law enforcement officials are openly expressing dismay that the public held a rally for gunman Lovelle Mixon in Oakland.

KRON 4’s Mark Jones spoke to Alameda County Sergeant J.D. Nelson who is outraged, “I just don’t understand how people in the community can support an individual, a criminal, who was a carjacker, who raped a 12-year-old and murdered four people. How people can rally behind him, I think it’s terrible, just terrible. Our hearts go out to the Oakland police department and to have people rally for that person who is responsible for their murder is disgusting.”

On Saturday Mixon opened fire on two officers during what appeared to be a routine traffic stop, leading to a gun fight in which two more officers died before police killed him.

The officers killed were 43-year-old Sergeant Ervin Romans, 35-year-old Sergeant Daniel Sakai, 40-year-old Sergeant Mark Dunakin and 41-year-old Officer John Hege.

Nelson also told Mark that when Mixon is mentioned, he only thinks of the victims, “The only thing that I will ever think about him for is the many numerous families and lives that he ruined. That’s what I’ll be thinking of when I think of him. What about the 12-year-old girl, how is she supposed to overcome all this? And the other victims he may have raped. And the carjacking victim in San Francisco, he has affected all those people.”

On Friday, just a day before the shooting, Oakland PD learned that DNA evidence had tentatively linked Mixon to the February rape of a 12-year-old girl.

The event, organized by the International People’s Democratic Uhuru Movement, started at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Uhuru House on 7911 MacArthur Boulevard.

According to the organization’s website, the march was designed to “Uphold the Resistance of the African Community as Represented by Brother Lovelle Mixon.”
I AM AWESOME MAN
SpiderLily

Oakland California

Post by SpiderLily »

For once in my life I'm speechless.
Bryn Mawr

Oakland California

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I hate to say this but the report shouts out about what's not being said and I think that it is far more than is on paper.

Consider the statement :-

On Friday, just a day before the shooting, Oakland PD learned that DNA evidence had tentatively linked Mixon to the February rape of a 12-year-old girl.

and what is made of it. Not only is he absolutely guilty of the rape but it's also suggested on the back of it that he's a serial child rapist.

Given the timing of the evidence can it be reasonable supposed that the Police were not engaged in a routing traffic stop but were trying to arrest him for the rape?

I am not saying the guy is lilly white and innocent, just that I do not think that the report is giving anything close to a full picture - especially given the reaction of the people in the area.
Nomad

Oakland California

Post by Nomad »

Bryn Mawr;1164291 wrote: I hate to say this but the report shouts out about what's not being said and I think that it is far more than is on paper.

Consider the statement :-

and what is made of it. Not only is he absolutely guilty of the rape but it's also suggested on the back of it that he's a serial child rapist.

Given the timing of the evidence can it be reasonable supposed that the Police were not engaged in a routing traffic stop but were trying to arrest him for the rape?

I am not saying the guy is lilly white and innocent, just that I do not think that the report is giving anything close to a full picture - especially given the reaction of the people in the area.

Im not sure Im getting your direction. Are you saying the police could have been overzealous because they knew who they had ?

If Im not mistaken he open fired on them first. Ill have to dig to verify that though.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bryn Mawr

Oakland California

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Nomad;1164294 wrote: Im not sure Im getting your direction. Are you saying the police could have been overzealous because they knew who they had ?

If Im not mistaken he open fired on them first. Ill have to dig to verify that though.

That's definitely one of the possibilities - and given the biassed nature and inaccuracy of the reporting there's no way on knowing who fired first.
Nomad

Oakland California

Post by Nomad »

Bryn Mawr;1164299 wrote: That's definitely one of the possibilities - and given the biassed nature and inaccuracy of the reporting there's no way on knowing who fired first.

Still considering the nature of his crimes even before the shootings then add in that he brandished a weapon and pointed and fired and killed. I'd err on the side of the law.

If he were able to kill 4 cops before he was killed its reasonable to assume he had the element of surprise.

If it was a routine stop he was still panicked.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Oakland California

Post by Accountable »

Here's something as biassed the other way ... for balance.

Did Lovelle Mixon Get Any Respect?

New America Media, Commentary, Gary R. Ryan, Posted: Mar 26, 2009

Editor’s Note: The story of Lovelle Mixon and his murderous rampage highlights the problems many parolees face trying to transition to life outside prison. It is often a matter of getting some respect, says former inmate Gary R. Ryan. Ryan, author of Blessings in Disguise , was born and raised in Minnesota. After overcoming a battle with substance abuse, he successfully completed a two-year academic program at Camarillo State Mental Hospital and worked at an Acute Psychotic Intervention facility for adolescents.

Lovelle Mixon, the 26-year-old Oakland resident, wanted for failure to appear at a mandatory parole meeting, was killed in a gun battle that also left four police officers dead. My heart aches for these fine young men. This is a horrible tragedy that, if my assessment is correct, could have been prevented. Mr. Mixon had a criminal record and had recently served nine months for identity theft and forgery, so he was no stranger to the system. But here’s a guy, a nice looking young man, caught up in illegal activities: (past conviction of marijuana possession, auto theft) and goes to prison for forgery and nine months later comes out a killer.

Accountable

Oakland California

Post by Accountable »

Oo! Here's one that says the whole thing might have been avoided if only the government had tighter laws. Kinda ignores that minor detail of him not respecting the law in the first place.

Bill calls for tracking of large-capacity weapon magazines

By Steven Harmon

MediaNews Sacramento Bureau

Posted: 03/25/2009 05:09:07 PM PDT

SACRAMENTO — Ammunition magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds or more — the kind that Oakland parolee Lovelle Mixon used to kill two of four police officers — would fall under a stricter tracking system under legislation proposed Wednesday by two East Bay lawmakers.

I suppose that means that two of those officers would still be alive? Gimmeamoth^&*(*&$ingbreak
CARLA

Oakland California

Post by CARLA »

Mr. Mixon shot first.

[QUOTE]Police: Alleged Shooter Had A History Of Street Violence

Posted: 8:38 am PDT March 23, 2009Updated: 9:09 am PDT March 23, 2009

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The man who allegedly killed three Oakland police officers and left a fourth brain dead was well known to local authorities as a violent felon who was being sought on a no-bail warrant for a parole violation, according to the acting police chief.

Lovell Mixon, 27, reportedly had been pulled over for a routine traffic stop by Oakland motorcycle officer Sgt. Mark Dunakin at 74th Ave. and MacArthur Blvd. at about 1:08 p.m. Saturday.

Dunakin called for backup and officer John Hege had answered that call and was also at the scene, according to acting police chief Howard Jordan.

Then as one of the two officers was returning to his motorcycle, sources say, Mixon allegedly got out of his car and opened fire with an automatic weapon. The deadly volley left Dunakin fatally wounded and Hege with a head wound that has rendered him brain dead.

“When he was pulled over he knew he was a wanted felon, the police may not,” retired FBI profiler Candice Delong told KTVU. “He simply got out of the car and opened fire… They never had a chance.”

Jordan told KTVU a no-bail warrant had previously been issued for Mixon.

“We know he had an extensive history of violence,” Jordan said. “He been committed to the state penitentiary for shooting someone. He had a no-bail warrant (out) for a parole violation at the time of the shooting. That’s all we know at this time.”

The alleged gunman had served five years in state prison for an armed assault during a carjacking. He was back behind bars last year for a parole violation.

Mixon then allegedly ran up the street to an apartment house where his sister lived. He barricaded himself in a closet with an AK-47 assault rifle and allegedly waited to ambush for police.

“We received information as to the whereabouts of where the suspect was,” Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said. “We had SWAT officers go into that building and that’s where the shooting took place.”

Mixon allegedly opened fire on the SWAT team through a closet wall. He died in the ensuing gun battle as did SWAT officers Ervin Romans, 42, and Daniel Sakai, 35.

Delong wondered who called in the tip and if it set a trap for the officers.

“One of the things I question is who called in the anonymous tip,” the former profiler said. “Where did it come from? Was it a trap?”

Meanwhile, Mixon’s family was trying to defuse the public perception of the Oakland being “a monster.”

“I don't want people to think he's a monster." said Enjoli Mixon, the man’s sister. "He's just not." [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Bryn Mawr

Oakland California

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Nomad;1164302 wrote: Still considering the nature of his crimes even before the shootings then add in that he brandished a weapon and pointed and fired and killed. I'd err on the side of the law.

If he were able to kill 4 cops before he was killed its reasonable to assume he had the element of surprise.

If it was a routine stop he was still panicked.

I've no idea of the rights and wrongs of the case or what actually happened - my point was that, after reading the article, neither could anybody else.
Nomad

Oakland California

Post by Nomad »

Bryn Mawr;1164537 wrote: I've no idea of the rights and wrongs of the case or what actually happened - my point was that, after reading the article, neither could anybody else.

quote; Muka poo poo

Lovell Mixon, 27, reportedly had been pulled over for a routine traffic stop by Oakland motorcycle officer Sgt. Mark Dunakin at 74th Ave. and MacArthur Blvd. at about 1:08 p.m. Saturday.

Dunakin called for backup and officer John Hege had answered that call and was also at the scene, according to acting police chief Howard Jordan.

Then as one of the two officers was returning to his motorcycle, sources say, Mixon allegedly got out of his car and opened fire with an automatic weapon. The deadly volley left Dunakin fatally wounded and Hege with a head wound that has rendered him brain dead.

“When he was pulled over he knew he was a wanted felon, the police may not,” retired FBI profiler Candice Delong told KTVU. “He simply got out of the car and opened fire… They never had a chance.”

Mixon then allegedly ran up the street to an apartment house where his sister lived. He barricaded himself in a closet with an AK-47 assault rifle and allegedly waited to ambush for police.

Thats a slam dunk Bryn.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bryn Mawr

Oakland California

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Nomad;1164676 wrote:

Thats a slam dunk Bryn.

Bringing in additional evidence is cheating :wah:

If the new report proves accurate then fair do but the first report was patently unreliable.
scholle-kid

Oakland California

Post by scholle-kid »

This is a couple of quotes from the Uhuru News site

Lovelle Mixon’s life, like that of thousands of young African men in the impoverished neighborhoods of Oakland, was over long before he was killed by police. He faced a hopeless dead end of joblessness, poverty and criminalization by a society that would rather lock up young African men than make college or jobs available to them.

that the US government is responsible for imposing the devastating crack cocaine plague in African communities,

Uhuru Movement releases statement on Lovelle Mixon's shooting of four Oakland police

This kind of crapola really makes me angry. The people that continue to scream that it is all the fault of somebody else that the Black people are the way they are.

This guy was a ex convict and a DNA proven child rapist . a carjacker, and he opened fire on a public street then runs off to an apartment building full of people some of which is his own family , hides in a closet with an automatic firearm waiting for the cops to come after him and opens fire again .

I would like someone to point out to me just what was this ******* good qualities ??
There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures.

Return to “Crimes Trials”