War on Terror Convictions

BTS

Post by BTS »

Weird how my country gets bashed for fighting the "War on Terror" but when they stop a plot it goes unreported here (forumgarden). Thought it was time to give a few examples. I don't think it is a accident that we have not been hit in the USA since 9/11, I don't think we will fare as well in the years to come.

Five men have been convicted of conspiring to kill US soldiers in a planned terrorist attack on a US Army base in New Jersey.

Padilla convicted on terrorism support charges

Padilla and his foreign-born co-defendants were convicted of conspiracy to murder, kidnap and maim people and two counts of providing material support to terrorists.

Terrorist Sentenced

Ohio mall bomber wannabe Al Qaeda ally sentenced to 10 years

Al-Qaeda terrorist sentenced to life in prison

Moussaoui formally sentenced, still defiant

'You will die with a whimper,' judge tells convicted 9/11 conspirator

Taliban 'Narco Terrorist' Convicted in US Court

AND......... ON AND ON................and on

"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

BTS;1092227 wrote: Weird how my country gets bashed for fighting the "War on Terror" but when they stop a plot it goes unreported here (forumgarden). Thought it was time to give a few examples. I don't think it is a accident that we have not been hit in the USA since 9/11, I don't think we will fare as well in the years to come.

Five men have been convicted of conspiring to kill US soldiers in a planned terrorist attack on a US Army base in New Jersey.

Padilla convicted on terrorism support charges

Padilla and his foreign-born co-defendants were convicted of conspiracy to murder, kidnap and maim people and two counts of providing material support to terrorists.

Terrorist Sentenced

Ohio mall bomber wannabe Al Qaeda ally sentenced to 10 years

Al-Qaeda terrorist sentenced to life in prison

Moussaoui formally sentenced, still defiant

'You will die with a whimper,' judge tells convicted 9/11 conspirator

Taliban 'Narco Terrorist' Convicted in US Court

AND......... ON AND ON................and on

Like-wise, i could quote you all the British one's who have been caught but i doubt you'd be interested!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Five convicted? How many have been held illegally for how long and under what conditions to achieve that?
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Just a comment; I do not come here to the Forum to get the news. I have other sources.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
spot

Post by spot »

What do you get when Law Enforcement finds five guys spouting off and gives them guns, gives them explosives, gives them weapons training and then accuses them of being terrorists with weapons, explosives and training?

Whatever it is, it's not justice.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

along-for-the-ride;1092507 wrote: Just a comment; I do not come here to the Forum to get the news. I have other sources.

Likewise - I just respond to those who try to justify the unjustifiable.
BTS

Post by BTS »

oscar;1092235 wrote: Like-wise, i could quote you all the British one's who have been caught but i doubt you'd be interested!

Yes I know, The Brits are ahead of the curve.
BTS

Post by BTS »

along-for-the-ride;1092507 wrote: Just a comment; I do not come here to the Forum to get the news. I have other sources.

Then I guess you must be lost, being on this thread then and all?
BTS

Post by BTS »

spot;1092509 wrote: What do you get when Law Enforcement finds five guys spouting off and gives them guns, gives them explosives, gives them weapons training and then accuses them of being terrorists with weapons, explosives and training?

Whatever it is, it's not justice.

Have you got any links?

Have not heard of this, at least not like you say.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

BTS;1098406 wrote: Yes I know, The Brits are ahead of the curve.

The British do actually have the finest anti-terrorism intelligence in the world. That's not a brag, it's fact. We are the envy of the world in that area.

We are fortunate here that intelligence is a government priority. It may seem churlish of me to say so, but our government would not allow a 9/11. We do not suffer complacency in that department. We do not believe that we are such a super-power that no organisation would attempt a strike on us. As i fear Bush did.

We did have bombings here, The London tube bombings but in comparison to 9/11 and Bali, this was minimal. I would go as far as to say that Britain is probably one of the safest countries.

Britain is constantly at threat from Islamic extremists but the list of terror subjects arrested and prosecuted is far too long to research.

Every Western country needs to adopt British policy and invest mega money into anti-terrorism. Bombs won't kill of Al-Quaeda or invading the Middle east... Intelligence is the only way.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

BTS;1098421 wrote: Have you got any links?

Have not heard of this, at least not like you say.

How does FBI Role in Terror Probe Questioned - washingtonpost.com look, as a precedent?

The Fort Dix convictions and the degree of entrapment involved are discussed, for example, at 5 immigrants face life behind bars for Army plot - Kansas City Star

"Prosecutors said the defendants bought several assault rifles supplied by the FBI and that they trekked to Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains to practice their shooting."

Which is pretty much what I posted. They were set up by the FBI after someone reported them for talking out of turn. There's no way the five of them would have developed the plan that was produced in court if they'd not had it fed to them by their "friends".
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
BTS

Post by BTS »

spot;1098455 wrote: How does FBI Role in Terror Probe Questioned - washingtonpost.com look, as a precedent?

The Fort Dix convictions and the degree of entrapment involved are discussed, for example, at 5 immigrants face life behind bars for Army plot - Kansas City Star

"Prosecutors said the defendants bought several assault rifles supplied by the FBI and that they trekked to Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains to practice their shooting."

Which is pretty much what I posted. They were set up by the FBI after someone reported them for talking out of turn. There's no way the five of them would have developed the plan that was produced in court if they'd not had it fed to them by their "friends".

Oh the Fort Dix 5

AKA.....

"The Bumbling Jihadist":

For those who have forgotten, the plot was foiled when one of the brighter jihadists tried to get their jihad training tape converted from VHS to DVD at a Circuit City, and the employee turned over the tape to authorities. Thanks to this concerned citizen, lives of countless soldiers were likely saved and these terrorists will hopefully rot in prison for the rest of their lives (since of course they won't be going to Gitmo).

Now that they've been found guilty, no doubt we'll be hearing countless pleas from liberals to have compassion and mercy for the terrorists. They'll say throwing them in prison for the rest of their lives is cruel and unusual, and God forbid we interrogate them to find out about other possible terror plots. Academia will flock to them, and Paris might even name streets after them, a la Mumia abu Jamal. They're just misunderstood victims of American oppression, I'm SURE.

Me, I'm still just a heartless conservative, so I say let 'em rot.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
spot

Post by spot »

The terrorists are the inciters in Law Enforcement. Nobody's safe from them.

Return to “Crimes Trials”