In Memory of the Murdered RCMP

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i thought this was a lovely and fitting tribute to the fallen heroes of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Attached files
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Kinda gives you a chill, huh? Really cool, LC. :yh_peace
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

koan

Post by koan »

It's very beautiful. Do you know who the artist is?
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Very beautiful indeed. It does give you the chills.. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

No, I'm sorry i do not who the artist is.
Beth

Post by Beth »

I think it is a lovely tribute, indeed.
valerie

Post by valerie »

Very touching. The 4 horses with empty saddles put me in mind of

the riderless horse in President Kennedy's funeral.

Right, somehow.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

tmbsgrl wrote: I can not see the picture. I can never see those attachments. But anything that comes from LC is great! :) send me your email in a pm if you would like the picture...i don't know why you can't see the attachments? :confused: (thanks sweetie.)
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Thanks lc
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Hello Alex, and welcome to FG....i have searched every centimeter of the painting for a signature, none is visable. i too would like to recognize the artist. it's such a moving work. it came to me in an email, the sender didn't know either.
bcit66

Post by bcit66 »

Good Day to All :)

I am in tourch with a Vancouver City Polieman that knows the artist. The paiting is at City Hall in Edmonton right now. We are trying to get the artist to agree to make the picture available via Print for those of us that like to collect art print. So far we are looking at possibly a run of 2000 print and the price might be around $80 Cdn $50 of this amount will be donated to the fund for the familly of the fallen members.

There is also Poem that his now been associated with the picture, the poem was writen by the Langley BC fire chief.

I will post more info as I get them

have a great day and be safe out there.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Hello Bcit66...and welcome to FG! :) Thankyou for the information, can you tell us the name of the artist? this painting certainly struck a chord in people, it's very touching. i look forward to reading the poem as well. Thanks again!
bcit66

Post by bcit66 »

The following is the Poem that we see more and more with the picture. I don't know at this time the name of the artist or even the name of the Vancouver Member. A co- worker of mine does have the lead and she will but me in touch with this Vancouver member I hope this week end. Will advise as soon as have more information. :driving:

Four Black Horses

Four black horses without riders

Galloped the Alberta plain;

Four black horses, sent from Depot

To bring the boys home again.

Four black horses with empty saddles

Race the cold prairie sun;

Four black horses arrive at the farmyard

As the last bullet leaves the gun.

Four black horses stand with heads bowed

Wait til the echoes subside;

Four black horses turn as they're mounted,

Now their heads held high with pride.

Four mounted policemen take hold of the reins

Spur their mounts holding lances high;

Four black horses, red serge in the saddles,

Disappear in the Alberta sky.

by Jim McGregor

Have a great day everyone :)
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Thankyou...we lost 4 of ours to murder in 2004, my heart goes out to all of them. :-1
bcit66

Post by bcit66 »

:) Good Day

Well we just got the news that the artist as agree to print 500 more print. They will be going for $80.00, of this $50 will be going directly to the familly of the fallen members.
chase1

Post by chase1 »

Hi

I am from a community not very far away from Mayerthorpe and this has been a hard year. The loss of our four young men was sickening and heart crushing, at the time I could only imagine what the families were going through. Since then, my Mom was killed in October, and I have a very real sense of what they are feeling..........everything from heart ache to being completely lost to wanting to find justice in it all. I know there will never be the answers I am looking for and I know I will never get my Mom back but I still struggle every day to keep the anger in check. I know what my Mom would want me to do and I am trying very hard every day to honor her. I just know that Mom being the lady she was that she is keeping all four of our young heros company and more than likely keeping them in line also!

I hope somehow we will find a way to eliminate the senseless death of good people. My Mom always told me "what goes around, comes around" Well, Mom, I sure hope you are right.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Chase, welcome to FG, and my sincere condolences on the loss of your mother.
valerie

Post by valerie »

She sounds like a great mom, Chase, and she WAS right...

>>
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

minks

Post by minks »

valerie wrote: She sounds like a great mom, Chase, and she WAS right...

>>

Greetings Chase1, you have come to the forum of great compassion, feel free to express yourself. I am truly sad to hear of your loss. Yes may she find strenght in being with our fallen heros. Every good mother is a hero.

A Fellow Albertan and I still remember.

Minks
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
SandyA

Post by SandyA »

bcit66;57637 wrote: :) Good Day

Well we just got the news that the artist as agree to print 500 more print. They will be going for $80.00, of this $50 will be going directly to the familly of the fallen members.

Hello, I was just wondering if you knew were a person could purchase one of these prints? I have been looking for awhile and have not found one :)
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

lady cop;186638 wrote: Chase, welcome to FG, and my sincere condolences on the loss of your mother.

I am truly moved by this thread.

I am so relieved to read that at least there are a few members on here that support the bravery of our police service.

I started my thread called "THE ROLE OF A POLICE OFFICER with this, and boy did i get a back lash!

lou lou belle;1223664 wrote: I just want you to think for one minute about the job that a police officer actually does.

I have held the hand of a dying man in an RTC that I was first on scene at, without anyone able to get there for 5 minutes. The man died in front of me.

I have stood for 5 hours in sub zero temperatures securing a murder scene, whilst the emergency services do their job and also having press constantly asking me questions about the incident.

I have hugged bereaved relatives when I have had to tell them that a loved one has been found dead.

I have saved a 13 year old girl from choking on her own vomit after taking an overdose.

I have stopped a man from jumping off the Clifton suspension bridge.

I have supported a victim of domestic violence that was so scared of being attacked by her ex partner that she lived in constant fear. She still thanks me to this day for the way I dealt with her.

I have been kicked, spat at, punched. Had the worst kind of language used at me.

And what is difficult to deal with, is that I regard myself as a lady. I am feminine and speak with respect to people that are respectful to me.

Most important I am someone’s wife, someone’s mothers, someone’s daughter, sister niece, and friend.

I have no airs and graces and don’t believe that I am better than anyone.

I am not full of my own self importance.

I know that I have made a difference to many people’s lives. I can go to bed without any reservations for my life.

I thank god for every day and live life to the full. I am blessed to have my life and wish that everyone could live in harmony and respect each other. Unfortunately some members if the community we live in, are unable to do this.

This is why we have laws and the brave people that put themselves out there every day to protect and serve our country.

I have read some really negative stories about the police and it is so sad that people have such hatred for people that are merely doing their job and making a difference doing so.

Finally ask yourself are your happy? Are you proud of yourself? Have you made a real difference to someone’s life?

I can answer yes to all those answers, and that’s all that matters. :)

This memorial to the fallen police officers is awe inspiring and i am going to get a copy to remind me of their bravery in the line of duty.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

This thread is nearly 4 years old, LLB ! It may be difficult to find further information. If you have a printer, it may be possible to print off a copy of the picture in the OP - not as good as a proper bought print, I know, but at least you would be able to frame it and be able to look at it when you wanted to. :)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

lou lou belle;1224936 wrote: I am so relieved to read that at least there are a few members on here that support the bravery of our police service.

God. If you think that the Mounties are part of "our police service", you must be potty.

Return to “Crimes Trials”