I hardly call THIS a crime:

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bruv;1038277 wrote: No 'damage' needs to be done to disturb an elderly ladies peace of mind.

Why does damage need to be done.

Noise and disturbance is a 'sort' of damage

Well I'd agree...

Except there hadn't been a report of noise and damage.

We're discussing an "89-year-old charged with keeping kids' ball"...

I've already discussed the potential of "noise" and "damage" so I won't continue to repeat myself...The fact remains no noise or damage had been reported in the case.

I lived down the street from a guy who stood out in the middle of the street shaking his golf club at me, my brothers, and our friends just for simply driving by. But hey he was "old" right so he was justified in doing so right?...
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

At what 80 in a 25?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

RedGlitter;1038284 wrote: At what 80 in a 25?

No...

I couldn't tell you at what because I don't know what it's like to be an a**...
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

K.Snyder;1038278 wrote: Well I'd agree...

Except there hadn't been a report of noise and damage.

We're discussing an "89-year-old charged with keeping kids' ball"...

I've already discussed the potential of "noise" and "damage" so I won't continue to repeat myself...The fact remains no noise or damage had been reported in the case.

I lived down the street from a guy who stood out in the middle of the street shaking his golf club at me, my brothers, and our friends just for simply driving by. But hey he was "old" right so he was justified in doing so right?...

Ok I have not read the thread right the way through.

My point is purely why the old lady felt her only option was to confiscate the ball.

Reports of noise or damage are irrelevent.

From that point foreward it should be down to whoever attended the scene's common sense how the situation was dealt with.

Charging the old dear is over the top in my opinion, but was probably due to the kids and their parents being more vocal than the old dear when confronted by 'The Authorities' for a seemingly minor problem
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bruv;1038289 wrote: Ok I have not read the thread right the way through.

My point is purely why the old lady felt her only option was to confiscate the ball.

Reports of noise or damage are irrelevent.

From that point foreward it should be down to whoever attended the scene's common sense how the situation was dealt with.

Charging the old dear is over the top in my opinion, but was probably due to the kids and their parents being more vocal than the old dear when confronted by 'The Authorities' for a seemingly minor problem

The parents of the children should have made their children adhere to her preferences if and only if she were honestly being disturbed by reasons I find to be justifiable, and the level in which I refer to the woman, hypothetically speaking, was only being bothered upon her being simply prudish increases substantially in direct co-relation to the amount of damage not being done to herself or her yard reminiscent of the word "bitch"...Again,..obviously hypothetically speaking of course.

:wah:...
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

The parents knew this woman was being disturbed and should have instructed their kids to play elsewhere. The elderly lady owns the property and it should not be encroached upon....regardless of whether or not damage is done. This is called common respect. It is obvious that the children's parents were never taught common respect and therefore are not teaching it to their kids.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I do agree that there are some kids who harrass the elderly people. The parents need to be aware of their children's behavior and speak with their children and the neighbor.

What happened to this poor woman is awful and uncalled for....:mad:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1101513 wrote: I do agree that there are some kids who harrass the elderly people. The parents need to be aware of their children's behavior and speak with their children and the neighbor.

What happened to this poor woman is awful and uncalled for....:mad:

btw....welcome to the garden;)

and as said before, these kids are harassing her, the parents are doing nothing nor even care about it.

Think about it, if kids were constantly throwing balls over into your yard, at age age that you are.........would you like to keep running outside and throwing it back......would you not get sick of it........would you always have the time........

If kids were deliberately doing this in our yard after being told not to......kids are not just kids as people think.......they need to be taught right from wrong.

I`d keep that ball and every other one.
Life is just to short for drama.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1101538 wrote: and as said before, these kids are harassing her, the parents are doing nothing nor even care about it.

Think about it, if kids were constantly throwing balls over into your yard, at age age that you are.........would you like to keep running outside and throwing it back......would you not get sick of it........would you always have the time........

If kids were deliberately doing this in our yard after being told not to......kids are not just kids as people think.......they need to be taught right from wrong.

I`d keep that ball and every other one.

If people didn't have fences the kids could go get their ball and she wouldn't have to worry nor care!

If any of her property were not being damaged what would the difference be?
Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1107995 wrote: If people didn't have fences the kids could go get their ball and she wouldn't have to worry nor care!

If any of her property were not being damaged what would the difference be?

I am a homeowner, there is no way I would want kids constantly running on my property yelling and screaming!:-5:-5
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1108018 wrote: I am a homeowner, there is no way I would want kids constantly running on my property yelling and screaming!:-5:-5

Well me either!

What if they weren't yelling and screaming?
Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1108019 wrote: Well me either!

What if they weren't yelling and screaming?

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

all kids when they play are yelling and screaming, its normal my friend, you are young, I have had my time with kids everywhere!

girls especially, they scream at the top of their lungs!:-5:-5

parents fault on most, as they don't care, as long as they are out of the house so they stop annoying them, that is all parents care about!:-5:-5
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1108023 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

all kids when they play are yelling and screaming, its normal my friend, you are young, I have had my time with kids everywhere!

girls especially, they scream at the top of their lungs!:-5:-5

parents fault on most, as they don't care, as long as they are out of the house so they stop annoying them, that is all parents care about!:-5:-5

All kids don't yell and scream constantly or at least to the extent from which no one would be justifiably ridiculed for mumbling to themselves to the point they foam at the mouth and burst out of the back door whilst they pump the action of their itchy trigger Remington!

What are fences for? They either cage something or they keep something out! The mentality behind ones readiness to put up a fence with unjust reasoning pi**es me off to no end!

You cannot get a justifiably angered neighbor from a person biased towards cynicism to begin with! It's philosophically and logically incorrect!

Having a fence that bears no reasoning defines one as being immoral by virtue of their readiness to refrain from the slightest attempt at being friendly!

So far everyone on this thread has refused to believe that their personal experiences, being amidst hell raiser kids, is irrelevant to their competence to look at facts pertaining to this specific case objectively! It amazes me how not one single fact pertaining to this situation had been presented before people had come to a conclusion!

The moral of the story?

People are all too ready and willing to be convinced of lies just so long as they resemble the likes of the truths they hate within themselves! It's the entire reasoning why crimes being committed in small towns have to be tried miles away because even the most innocent of people will go to jail just for having looked a criminal!

Very fn dangerous!
Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1108044 wrote: All kids don't yell and scream constantly or at least to the extent from which no one would be justifiably ridiculed for mumbling to themselves to the point they foam at the mouth and burst out of the back door whilst they pump the action of their itchy trigger Remington!

What are fences for? They either cage something or they keep something out! The mentality behind ones readiness to put up a fence with unjust reasoning pi**es me off to no end!

You cannot get a justifiably angered neighbor from a person biased towards cynicism to begin with! It's philosophically and logically incorrect!

Having a fence that bears no reasoning defines one as being immoral by virtue of their readiness to refrain from the slightest attempt at being friendly!

So far everyone on this thread has refused to believe that their personal experiences, being amidst hell raiser kids, is irrelevant to their competence to look at facts pertaining to this specific case objectively! It amazes me how not one single fact pertaining to this situation had been presented before people had come to a conclusion!

The moral of the story?

People are all too ready and willing to be convinced of lies just so long as they resemble the likes of the truths they hate within themselves! It's the entire reasoning why crimes being committed in small towns have to be tried miles away because even the most innocent of people will go to jail just for having looked a criminal!

Very fn dangerous!

never said all kids, the ones that are brought up right don't go around yelling and screaming!

here, we have fences in most yards......and that is what homeowners want and need is their privacy!

your forgetting here, homes are built side by side, our property is only 50 X 120 feet.

our driveway sits 4 feet to the next house.

I just cannot get over that you agree that this old lady has to come out and keep throwing their ball back!:-5:-5

would you have the time or patience for that?

think about it!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1108047 wrote: never said all kids, the ones that are brought up right don't go around yelling and screaming!

here, we have fences in most yards, its just the way this city is, plus, it gives you privacy.....and that is what homeowners want and need.

I just cannot get over that you agree that this old lady has to come out and keep throwing their ball back!:-5:-5

would you have the time or patience for that?

think about it!

No absolutely not, I never said anything close to that!

I have said if she didn't have a fence she wouldn't have to get the balls:thinking:

:wah: STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yh_rotfl

:wah:

...for them! She wouldn't even know about it!

You present me with the crime rates in her particular city and I'll tell you whether or not she'd be justified in wishing to have "privacy"!

I'll make it easy for you!

Keeping in mind that the crime rates would have to be above the worldly average in order for her having it to be justified!
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues

BLUE ASH, Ohio (AP) - An 89-year-old Cincinnati area woman famously arrested for holding on to a neighbor kid's football is now suing the boy's parents. The lawsuit filed by Edna Jester's attorney in Hamilton County Common Pleas Court claims she has suffered emotional distress because the next-door family's footballs and other playthings keep landing in her yard.

Jester refused to give back a football in October, was taken to the police station in suburban Blue Ash and charged with petty theft. The prosecutor later dropped the case.

The lawsuit against parents Paul and Kelly Tanis seeks unspecified monetary damages. Kelly Tanis called the suit "very silly" but says she and her husband also worry because they have five children and can't afford a lawyer.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Could have figured her name was jester...:sneaky:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Odie

Post by Odie »

it's not called theft if its on your own property!;)

no one has the right to put anything on your property, no one, it is a law.

-sue the damn parents for letting their kids continually harass her!

-sounds like a plan for me, sue my horrid old neighbor who is in her 80's for continually harassing us and continually complaining on things!

that will set the old bag straight!
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1108023 wrote: all kids when they play are yelling and screaming, its normal my friend, you are young, I have had my time with kids everywhere!

Odie;1108047 wrote: never said all kids, the ones that are brought up right don't go around yelling and screaming!

Well, actually...

And no, mine didn't either.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

flopstock;1108101 wrote: Woman, 89, famous for keeping boy's football, sues

BLUE ASH, Ohio (AP) - An 89-year-old Cincinnati area woman famously arrested for holding on to a neighbor kid's football is now suing the boy's parents. The lawsuit filed by Edna Jester's attorney in Hamilton County Common Pleas Court claims she has suffered emotional distress because the next-door family's footballs and other playthings keep landing in her yard.

Jester refused to give back a football in October, was taken to the police station in suburban Blue Ash and charged with petty theft. The prosecutor later dropped the case.

The lawsuit against parents Paul and Kelly Tanis seeks unspecified monetary damages. Kelly Tanis called the suit "very silly" but says she and her husband also worry because they have five children and can't afford a lawyer.

Good for her
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

I'm delighted to see it. She made a mistake in refusing to hand the property to the police on request but apart from that she's doing fine. Of course she can refuse to let them get the balls back from her own property and of course she can leave them there to rot in the sun, she didn't invite the incidents. Taking her to court for refusing to sign a legal document acknowledging guilt is entirely proper on her part and the official who chose to make a big deal out of refusing to sign is the one who turned this into international news.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
wincert

Post by wincert »

I have only just joined this group and reading this thread has been interesting. K you are still wet behind the ears, so most of your logic shows that. But before you call people that have fences rude i suggest you travel a little. In that one sentence you have called at least 90% of English people rude and probably 80% of other Europeans where it is the norm to fence or have a hedge around your house. The saying an Englishman's home is his castle is very much with this in mind. You don't need to look at crime figures to decide if you are justified in having one. Its a matter of privacy.

Return to “Crimes Trials”