Pensioner faces 12 month pub ban

spot

Post by spot »

Who says British courts don't deal severely with criminals? This article proves beyond doubt that they can when they try hard.Edward Flaherty, 74, was convicted of strangling 69-year-old Ina Flaherty with a tie after she refused to give him money to go out drinking.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla ... 540994.stm

He's been ordered to stay at home during pub opening hours for the next year.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

jimbo;941068 wrote: oh no thats too cruel :DThe whole of North America's gone dead silent for a minute as they try to absorb how totally foreign that article is.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Poor bugger has dementia and will need 24 hour care before long. A prison sentence would be pointless.
spot

Post by spot »

Chezzie;941088 wrote: Poor bugger has dementia and will need 24 hour care before long. A prison sentence would be pointless.

That's exactly what they said about Ernest Saunders too, of course. After they let him out early because of it he's business-consultanted ever since, the dog.

Return to “Crimes Trials”