This is sickening.

mrsK

This is sickening.

Post by mrsK »

Poor innocent people :-1

Why not just off yourself if you are that way inclined ?

He could have just killed himself,he is an animal.

Why the kids ,poor little babies.:-4:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
kayleneaussie

This is sickening.

Post by kayleneaussie »

I was in total shock when I heard about that. Why are these men killing the poor innocent children. If you want to kill yourself bloody go ahead and do it but why on earth kill the children.:-5:mad:
FOC THREAD PART 1
spot

This is sickening.

Post by spot »

People can be insane?

Insanity has traditionally been regarded as something to pity, not something to blame a person for.

I don't say he had to have been insane but this is a beginning as far as whether it's possible:One of the accused man's closest friends, who wanted to be known only as John, said yesterday he'd never known his friend to be violent in the 30 years he had known him.

However, John said he noticed his friend had gone into a downward spiral after his son's death in 2002. "That's when we stopped talking," the friend said. "He no longer took my calls and he became withdrawn."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html

Neighbours in Cowra yesterday spoke of the change that came across the grandfather after the death of his son. Terry Lovett said that immediately after the suicide the grandfather appeared to be coping. "But about six months later, we noticed he started to neglect the house a bit. He seemed to stop shaving, we rarely saw him in the garden or mowing the lawn. He became a bit reclusive."

Mr Lovett said his neighbour spoke to him about his son's suicide only once. "All he told me (was) that his son had killed himself in his car," Mr Lovett said. Mr Lovett also questioned media reports yesterday that suggested the grandfather was suffering from dementia. "From my point of view, he wasn't showing any signs of it."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 02,00.html

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

This is sickening.

Post by spot »

Insanity has traditionally been regarded as something to pity, not something to blame a person for. I didn't claim he was insane, I merely raised the possibility.

At the very least both of the children saw someone being hacked to death, At least one of the children saw the other being hacked to death.How melodramatic can you get? Go and read what happened before you let your imagination loose like this.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Kathy Ellen

This is sickening.

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello Mags :-6

2 years ago I switched hair dressers and met an absolutely lovely, young, fun loving beautiful hairdresser. I was so delighted to meet her because she was so much fun , had a good heart and was full of beans :wah: She was so excited because her life was so full of good things. Even though she was only 20 she met her love and they were to marry soon.

She lived near me and spoke about how her grandfather was acting crazy lately. He was always eccentric and the family always worried about his bizarre behavior. She couldn't convince her mom that something was wrong. One day she went to visit with him and his wife and found the house to be in lockdown....all the doors and windows were locked and covered. He didn't allow his wife to leave the house.

He finally let his granddaughter in the house and then he shot her, his wife and a few neighbors.

I'm still in such shock about this tragedy happening when the family knew that he was crazed and only getting worse by the years...he finally cracked and took most of his family with him.

I will never forget this tragedy:( On the day that he killed his family and any other neighbors about, I had walked down his street about an hour earlier. Guess I would have been involved in this tragedy if I had walked later on in the day....

I think that we really need to keep a careful eye on changes in those around us and be proactive in trying to help those with bizarre behavior.
Ally

This is sickening.

Post by Ally »

My god its so awful,just heard on the news that wen the daughter turned up to pick up the kids the father was on the computer, and she asked where the kids were he said in the bathroom, she went there and he had drowned them then she asked about her mum he said she was in the bedroom and she went there and he had chopped her up in bits, then he attacked her with a hatchet.They have given him a medica and said he has a tumour on his brain.I cant imagine how the daughter is ever going to live a normal life how horrendous.
Carolly

This is sickening.

Post by Carolly »

Stories like this make me sick......as Chris said on a thread tonight a boy of 17 has been found who was forced to drink petrol and then burnt alive.......whats going on babe in the world today fgs????
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
mrsK

This is sickening.

Post by mrsK »

Carolly;907335 wrote: Stories like this make me sick......as Chris said on a thread tonight a boy of 17 has been found who was forced to drink petrol and then burnt alive.......whats going on babe in the world today fgs????

That also makes me wonder what is happening?

What even makes kids think of this kind of torture against one another??
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Carolly

This is sickening.

Post by Carolly »

mrsK;907339 wrote: That also makes me wonder what is happening?

What even makes kids think of this kind of torture against one another??Also Chris was telling me about two french students over here that was found in a burnt out flat....the stab wounds were terrible....one had 199 stab wounds..............what these youngsters must have gone through....police say they have never seen anything like it.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
spot

This is sickening.

Post by spot »

fuzzy butt;907346 wrote: Sometimes it's hard to fathom how some minds work.:(

Exactly so. Insanity has traditionally been regarded as something to pity, not something to blame a person for.
spot

This is sickening.

Post by spot »

http://news.smh.com.au/national/man-den ... -32qd.html

The case was adjourned for six weeks to give the prosecution time to finalise its brief of evidence. The man will reappear in Wagga Wagga court on August 25 via video-link.

At the conclusion of the hearing, Mr Murray asked the man whether he understood what had happened in court. "Yes," he replied.
Oscar Namechange

This is sickening.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

spot;910141 wrote: http://news.smh.com.au/national/man-den ... -32qd.html

The case was adjourned for six weeks to give the prosecution time to finalise its brief of evidence. The man will reappear in Wagga Wagga court on August 25 via video-link.

At the conclusion of the hearing, Mr Murray asked the man whether he understood what had happened in court. "Yes," he replied.

So, Spot? Is the man insane or does he understand?? You tell us??

I remember the "Jeremy Bamber" case. Do you??

He is in prison after being found guilty about ten yrs ago for killing his sister, her two young boys & his mother & father.

To this day, he protests his innocence & is still trying to win an appeal.

What's your opinion on him??

OSCAR
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

This is sickening.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Carolly;907335 wrote: Stories like this make me sick......as Chris said on a thread tonight a boy of 17 has been found who was forced to drink petrol and then burnt alive.......whats going on babe in the world today fgs????

Carolly, my personal opinion as humble as it is.

I blame technology that gives us instant access to anything horrific that we want to view via the internet & computer games.

I have heard of children downloading horrific beheadings in Iraq onto their mobile phones.

Years ago, we were not exposed to the amount of violence we are today.

Take the new Batman movie that has blatant stabbing scenes by the dark knight & yet our censors gave it a 12 yr old rating.

Years ago, such a crime as the one being discussed would be the crime of the century. Over the years, our shock levels are tested to the max & i do believe some people are influenced by this kind of instant availability of violence.

If i was a police officer, the first thing i would look at is what the suspect has on his computer or in his dvd collection.

I think as well that this gut wanted to punish her in some way, an act of revenge maybe, so let her into the house as normal to view what he'd done before killing her.

If true, then it is not the act of some-one who is showing signs of insania, but more a very cold, calculated act for which he should hang.

OSCAR
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

This is sickening.

Post by spot »

oscar;946554 wrote: So, Spot? Is the man insane or does he understand?? You tell us??It's quite a wait for the evidence to be produced in court and there's no way of getting it until then.

"THE final components of a large police brief, outlining the prosecution’s case against Cowra’s accused triple-murderer John Walsh, have been handed to his legal team, Wagga Local Court heard on Wednesday."

The case comes to court again in March.

Police finalise case - Local News - News - General - Cowra Guardian

Also relevant, for reference:

Cowra Community News
Odie

This is sickening.

Post by Odie »

its becoming a rise in today's world.

what I just don't understand is, why the kids?

why not just yourself?

how can anyone be that selfish?

hang the bastard!
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

This is sickening.

Post by spot »

You're not someone who recognizes the concept of mental illness, Odie? Some people do and some people don't.
Odie

This is sickening.

Post by Odie »

spot;1129454 wrote: You're not someone who recognizes the concept of mental illness, Odie? Some people do and some people don't.

I do recognize mental illness......believe it or not, millions of people have this, I do also.....so this means I can kill my old bag lady next door because she screams at me every time I see her (and yes, my nerves are shot) , so the courts will understand if I shoot her?
spot

This is sickening.

Post by spot »

Odie;1129457 wrote: I do recognize mental illness......believe it or not, millions of people have this, I do also.....so this means I can kill my old bag lady next door because she screams at me every time I see her (and yes, my nerves are shot) , so the courts will understand if I shoot her?

Doesn't that depend on the extent and degree of the mental illness?

I have no idea whether John Walsh was suffering from a brain tumour or no. That will come out in court. If he was then evidence will be produced for the extent to which the disease warped his mental capacity and changed his outlook. If he wasn't, or if his mind wasn't significantly affected, then he behaved wickedly.

Some people think, without the slightest evidence I'm aware of, that there's a duality about mental processes, that some immortal aspect of mind is independent of the substrate brain. Maybe in those circumstances one could claim the immortal part of the person concerned is "evil" in some way regardless of the state of their brain.
Odie

This is sickening.

Post by Odie »

spot;1129461 wrote: Doesn't that depend on the extent and degree of the mental illness?

I have no idea whether John Walsh was suffering from a brain tumour or no. That will come out in court. If he was then evidence will be produced for the extent to which the disease warped his mental capacity and changed his outlook. If he wasn't, or if his mind wasn't significantly affected, then he behaved wickedly.

Some people think, without the slightest evidence I'm aware of, that there's a duality about mental processes, that some immortal aspect of mind is independent of the substrate brain. Maybe in those circumstances one could claim the immortal part of the person concerned is "evil" in some way regardless of the state of their brain.

previous neighbors were evil......ended up with a nervous breakdown, just petrified of them.....so we moved here.........weird part, I don't do or say anything to offend them, no loud parties, no blaring music in the backyard and we stick to ourselves. In my world, the older they are, the meaner they get, purely because they are bored and have nothing better to do.

John Walsh, did no one see any signs, yes they did.
spot

This is sickening.

Post by spot »

Odie;1129464 wrote: John Walsh, did no one see any signs, yes they did.I wonder why anyone ever invented trials sometimes. Or law.

Return to “Crimes Trials”