Manson Chick NearDeath. Boo Fkn Hoo!

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Former Manson Follower, Sharon Tate Killer Being Considered for Prison Release

Friday , June 13, 2008

CORONA, California —

Former Charles Manson follower Susan Atkins, convicted in the 1969 murder of actress Sharon Tate, could soon be released from a U.S. prison because she is near death, authorities said. Atkins, 59, is terminally ill and being considered for so-called "compassionate release," California state corrections spokeswoman Terry Thornton said. She gave no details of Atkins' illness, but said a doctor determined she had less than six months to live.

The corrections department must approve the request before it is passed to the state Board of Parole, which has the power to release terminally ill inmates under California state law so they can die with loved ones, at their expense.

Such releases are relatively rare — only 10 of 60 requests made last year were granted, Thornton said. The prisoners must have family members willing and able to care for them. Atkins was one of cult leader Charles Manson's ersatz hippie "family" of young killers who burst into a Beverly Hills home 39 years ago and killed Tate, the pregnant wife of filmmaker Roman Polanski, along with four others. The following night they stabbed to death a wealthy couple in their Los Angeles home.

Atkins has been denied parole 11 times, most recently in 2005.

She was housed in the California Institution for Women in Corona for 37 years, but has been in a nearby hospital since March.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Sorry NO is my answer hook her up to an IV of Morphine to make her passing less painful but keep her in PRISON. This still would be more compassion then they showed Sharon Tate. :mad:

[QUOTE]she is near death, authorities said. Atkins, 59, is terminally ill and being considered for so-called "compassionate release," [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Oh Well, too bad if your sick - stay in Prison...!!

She's actually young - I hope authorities don't release her.

Patsy
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

RedGlitter;888293 wrote: Former Manson Follower, Sharon Tate Killer Being Considered for Prison Release

Friday , June 13, 2008

CORONA, California —

Former Charles Manson follower Susan Atkins, convicted in the 1969 murder of actress Sharon Tate, could soon be released from a U.S. prison because she is near death, authorities said. Atkins, 59, is terminally ill and being considered for so-called "compassionate release," California state corrections spokeswoman Terry Thornton said. She gave no details of Atkins' illness, but said a doctor determined she had less than six months to live.

The corrections department must approve the request before it is passed to the state Board of Parole, which has the power to release terminally ill inmates under California state law so they can die with loved ones, at their expense.

Such releases are relatively rare — only 10 of 60 requests made last year were granted, Thornton said. The prisoners must have family members willing and able to care for them. Atkins was one of cult leader Charles Manson's ersatz hippie "family" of young killers who burst into a Beverly Hills home 39 years ago and killed Tate, the pregnant wife of filmmaker Roman Polanski, along with four others. The following night they stabbed to death a wealthy couple in their Los Angeles home.

Atkins has been denied parole 11 times, most recently in 2005.

She was housed in the California Institution for Women in Corona for 37 years, but has been in a nearby hospital since March.

The care factor from me is zero,as said before lots of morphine & make her comfortable.She can be comfortable in prison.

She wasn't overly compassionate was she?
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
cars

Post by cars »

That Manson bunch was/is an erie bunch! I saw Charlie not that long ago in the news, when his release status was up for review. He still had that "crazed killer" look in his eyes. He was not granted an early release, AMEN!
Cars :)
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I wish we could be the deciding factor for her release....I'm with the rest of ya'll....NO, HECK NO!!....I have a serious problem with Charlie still breathing to be honest....he scares the heck out of me....can't watch him on TV for long....and she is really young to die, but so were her victims...and they weren't shown any compassion when she killed them....Sorry, Charlie follower...NO is my answer!:mad:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Has this chick ever said she was sorry for the murder's she committed? I find myself asking why would would the state of California be asked to feel sorry for her? Or would anyone else feel sorry for her? She has what's coming to her, too bad is right.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I was watching a news clip concerning the Green River killer's sentencing for the murder of 48 women.

One of the murdered girl's father's forgave him.

I found that to be overwhelmingly inspiring.
I AM AWESOME MAN
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I wish I could say the same...ok, that's a lie, actually I don't wish I could. I don't think there's anything wonderful about people who forgive killers and rapists. I think there's actually something very wrong with them.
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

RedGlitter;889046 wrote: I wish I could say the same...ok, that's a lie, actually I don't wish I could. I don't think there's anything wonderful about people who forgive killers and rapists. I think there's actually something very wrong with them.

I am tipping there would be no forgivness from me if it was one of my family who had suffered.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Near death? Well Sharon Tate is dead.

This was not a accidental manslaughter, they butchered these people and painted the walls with their blood.

They all should have been executed.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Agreed!!!
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Here's a more detailed story. She has brain cancer and has lost a leg. I don't know how that guy can say she's "paid substantially" for her crime and still live with himself. :mad: Naturally she's found Jesus too. :thinking: Check out her picture. Those awful black eyes scared me, they're so diabolical-looking. *shudder*

Ex-Manson follower dying, seeks release from prison

Story Highlights

Susan Atkins seeks "compassionate release" from prison

She is serving life sentence for role in Manson family murders of late 1960s

Web site quotes husband as saying she has terminal brain cancer

Request is under consideration, corrections official says

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Former Manson family member Susan Atkins has requested a "compassionate release" from prison because she has less than six months to live, a California prisons spokeswoman said Friday.

Atkins, 60, was convicted in the 1969 slayings of actress Sharon Tate and four others. She had been incarcerated at the California Institution for Women in Corona, California.

But Atkins, the state's longest- serving female inmate, has been hospitalized since March 18 and is listed in serious condition, state corrections department spokeswoman Terry Thornton said. Because of privacy laws, Thornton would not disclose the nature of Atkins' illness.

Atkins' husband and attorney, James Whitehouse, was quoted as saying she has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, according to a blog called Manson Family Today. She also has had a leg amputated, the Los Angeles Times reported Friday, citing sources close to the case.

The compassionate release request has been approved by the prison, which conducted an evaluation, and is under corrections department review, Thornton said.

If the department approves, the Board of Parole Hearings and the sentencing court in Los Angeles also must sign off on the request. There is no timeline for a decision to be made, Thornton said.

Atkins, known within the Manson family as "Sadie Mae Glutz," has been in prison since 1971 and has been denied parole 11 times.

According to historical accounts of the murders, Atkins stabbed Tate, who was 8½ months pregnant, and scawled the word "pig" in blood on the door of the home the actress shared with director Roman Polanski.

"I don't want to seem like a heartless creature, but in all my years, I never considered this could happen," Debra Tate, the actress' sister, told the Riverside Press-Enterprise.

"She showed no compassion. She told my sister as she slit her throat that she didn't (care) for her or her unborn baby," Tate added.

Sharon Tate and three houseguests were slain in August 1969 by killers who burst into her Benedict Canyon home. A teenager who was visiting the home's caretaker in his cottage on the property also was killed.

The following night, Leno and Rosemary LaBianca were slain in their home in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles. The two-day crime spree sent shock waves throughout Los Angeles.

All of the killers remain behind bars. Atkins also was convicted in the earlier murder of music teacher Gary Hinman.

Atkins, like Manson, received a death sentence, and the punishment was changed to life in prison when the California Supreme Court ruled the state's death penalty unconsitutional in 1972.

Vincent Bugliosi, who prosecuted Atkins, told the Los Angeles Times that she "has paid substantially, though not completely, for her horrendous crimes. Paying completely would mean imposing the death penalty." But, he told the paper, given her terminal illness, "I don't have an objection to her being released."

According to her Web site, Atkins is a born-again Christian who during her incarceration has worked to aid at-risk youth, victims of violent crimes and homeless children.

Last month, authorities dug for buried bodies at the Inyo County, California, ranch where Manson and his followers once lived, after police became aware that testing had indicated humans might be buried there. Nothing was found, police said.
cars

Post by cars »

There's a very simple rule to live by. You kill me, "mine" kill you!
Cars :)

Return to “Crimes Trials”