Mother Stabs Three Children

ilona17

Post by ilona17 »

The mother of two young children stabbed to death in Surrey has been detained under the Mental Health Act - as her baby daughter remains in a critical condition in hospital.

Earlier the children's father was released without charge.

The five-year-old brother and four-year-old sister died in hospital on Friday after being found injured at their home in Carshalton.

The six-month-old baby girl is in a "critical but stable" condition in hospital after being operated on in hospital on Saturday night.

Police have questioned both the parents but the man, aged 39, has now been released.

He has been bailed in relation to another matter, details of which police would not release.

The 35-year-old woman is being treated in hospital and has been detained under the Mental Health Act.

Sky reporter Laura Bundock said the local community had reacted with "shock and amazement" to news of the killings.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said officers were called to the house at 10.30pm on Friday night.

"Police and London Ambulance attended and found three children suffering serious injuries, believed to be stab wounds," he said.

"We believe we know the identity of the deceased. However, we await formal identification and confirmation that all family members have been informed."

Post-mortem examinations on the two victims are expected to be carried out early next week.

The two older children were taken to hospital but both died within 90 minutes of the police call.

The girl died at 11.41pm and the boy 15 minutes later.

The £300,000 two-bedroom property in Park Lane has been taped off, as officers carried out an examination of the scene.

Neighbours said the couple were thought to be from the Tamil areas of Sri Lanka and had moved to the suburb in the last year.

I got this from yahoo news UK.

I was just wondering what you all thought about what happened?

And what your reaction was. I turned on the news and they said that a mother had stabbed her three children and that a 4 year old and 5 year old had died.

My reaction was one of utter shock, I really couldn't believe it.

And I wonder if anything could have been done differently to save these poor children. The only thing i find vague is that the father was in the house but didn't stop the mother stabbing the children.. or is that just me?

Anyways opinions please.
[QUOTE]:DLive Everyday Like It's Your Last :-6[/QUOTE]
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Sounds terribly tragic, we had an incident here where a woman (a university lecturer) drowned her teenage daughter in the bath because she became mentally unhinged while suffering from depression. This type of awful instances where mothers turn on their children do occur, but thankfully they are relatively rare. Father's seem more prone to commit violence against their own families, though of course cases where it results in actual murder are not that common.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
spot

Post by spot »

I expect he'd have stopped her if he'd seen it coming. Surely nobody can think she was in her right mind when it happened or that it's not destroyed her, regardless of how she ends up. One can feel nothing but sorrow for anyone in their position. As to what got her there in the first place it's not even guessable from this distance.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
ilona17

Post by ilona17 »

spot;881416 wrote: I expect he'd have stopped her if he'd seen it coming. Surely nobody can think she was in her right mind when it happened or that it's not destroyed her, regardless of how she ends up. One can feel nothing but sorrow for anyone in their position. As to what got her there in the first place it's not even guessable from this distance.

Nope I agree spot. I feel really bad for her, imagine something getting so bad that you would do that to the most prescious things in the world.

However, if he was there when it happened surely he could have done something.
ilona17

Post by ilona17 »

Galbally;881402 wrote: Sounds terribly tragic, we had an incident here where a woman (a university lecturer) drowned her teenage daughter in the bath because she became mentally unhinged while suffering from depression. This type of awful instances where mothers turn on their children do occur, but thankfully they are relatively rare. Father's seem more prone to commit violence against their own families, though of course cases where it results in actual murder are not that common.

Noo thank god that it isn't common. Yeah it's very sad and i never heard about that case. But I guess anyone can become mentally ill at a certain point/time and do something totally awful and out of character.
spot

Post by spot »

ilona17;881436 wrote: However, if he was there when it happened surely he could have done something.I note that one of the children survived so maybe he did. I'm in a house with three others at this moment and any one of us could kill us all before another could intervene. Most people aren't that unwell, fortunately.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

The story I read but I cant remember where was that the father wasnt at home when she stabbed them, she was home alone when she dialled 999, he came rushing home from the shop they both run to find his wife had stabbed the kids and attacked her, he was arrested and released on bail because he attacked her. The same report also suggested that she was depressed over money as a new road had recently been built that harmed their shop trade and the lodgers who rented the flat above the shop had moved out so they were down on the money.

I will try and find the source of the above

My reaction is total horror, sadness and madness.
ilona17

Post by ilona17 »

Chezzie;881710 wrote: The story I read but I cant remember where was that the father wasnt at home when she stabbed them, she was home alone when she dialled 999, he came rushing home from the shop they both run to find his wife had stabbed the kids and attacked her, he was arrested and released on bail because he attacked her. The same report also suggested that she was depressed over money as a new road had recently been built that harmed their shop trade and the lodgers who rented the flat above the shop had moved out so they were down on the money.

I will try and find the source of the above

My reaction is total horror, sadness and madness.

Ooh yeah it seems a lot clearer now.

I did hear that she was depressed but i didn't know it was about money, but that seems quite likely. Still tho.. stabbing your kids.
SlipStream

Post by SlipStream »

insanity's running outa control:confused:
spot

Post by spot »

SlipStream;881968 wrote: insanity's running outa control:confused:

Would there be so much of it if the pressure of living were reduced?
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Very Tragic I hope the baby makes it. :-1 We have had several cases where women wipe out all their Children very tragic.

Here is San Diego we just have the most awful case I have heard in a long time. A 14year old girl (who has mental problems) beat her mother to death with a claw hammer. :( Sometimes I just cringe and what humans can do to each other.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

ilona17

Post by ilona17 »

CARLA;882069 wrote: Very Tragic I hope the baby makes it. :-1 We have had several cases where women wipe out all their Children very tragic.

Here is San Diego we just have the most awful case I have heard in a long time. A 14year old girl (who has mental problems) beat her mother to death with a claw hammer. :( Sometimes I just cringe and what humans can do to each other.

:yh_ooooo thats terrible. What makes me so angry is that some of these cases with the correct help could be so easily prevented.

Return to “Crimes Trials”