I should've been a lawyer

Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Back to court I go - I can't believe this

We moved my Father in-law into a Group Home Facility 3/7/08, paid $2800.00 for the month. FIL died 3/17/08, so I see a refund - right !!!

I spoke to the owner today - she's refusing to give the refund.

I have a copy of the contract - clearly states credit for the remainder of the month and deposit will be refunded.

Owner wants to keep $ 2800.00 for 10 days - are you kidding me ?? How dare she take advantage of a grieving family...

My calculation $1848.50 refund due

Conversation ended with see you in court

Patsy
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I thought you were a lawyer!:)

How rude of them to be greedy at a time like this....goes to show you the mentality of people....very sad....

go get em Tiger!
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

You have the contract.........Sounds like the law will be on your side.

I would maybe tell the local news about this mishap. The community should be aware of the lack of ethics from this facility.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

While on the phone with the owner, I was quoting HER contract.

I said, I will contact BBB, I will go to small claims court, report you to all agencies, from hospital referral to Hospice Corporation.

I was - Are you kidding me ?? What don't you understand, you certainly can't expect to keep the full months rent of $ 2800.00 for the 10 days of residency.??

I realize everyone's having tough times and a buck is important - but this is ripping our family off $ 1800.00.

I'll go to Small Claims Court - the Judge will say I look familiar, like he did last time.

Why is everything a struggle / fight ?

This gets old

Patsy
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hey Patsy:-6

Would you be my lawyer.....please:-6
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

St. Michael does an audit in heaven and finds a sole is missing.

He goes to hell and asks the Devil, ‘Is there a John O’Brian down here?’

The devil takes a look and says ‘yes he is, glad to have him here.’

St. Michael says, ‘well there has been a mistake, he was a good man and should be in heaven, so if you just hand him over I will take him with me.’

The devil says, ‘no way, your mistake, you’re not getting him’.

St. Michael says, ‘if you don’t hand him over I am going to go back up to heaven and I am going to get a really good lawyer and take you to court’.

The Devil says ‘come on, where are you going to find a good lawyer in heaven?’
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I constructed a incident/demand letter attached this letter with a copy of the contract and all comunications and sent this letter out to all agencies. I thought I'd go this route first - spending $4.00 on postage - before the costs of court.

Yesterday Hospice, legal dept. called. She stated this isn't a isolated incident and has a planned meeting with the Attorney General in a couple of weeks, and would I please send everything to the Attorney General's Office.. Of Course..!!

Topic for the meeting is the Elderly - misrepresntation - financial exploitation - fraud etc..

So, I get on-line for the Attorney General's link and wow - so many other services available to resolve issues - there's a Elderly Hot Line - Community Services for the Elderly, from abuse to legal matters.

I guess I didn't realize how helpful the Attorney Generals Office can be for the consumer.

I'll keep ya posted on any results..

Wonderwendy - the office will help with Dead Beat Dad's that don't pay support.

just print the complaint form & attach info... TRY IT

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Too funny

The owner of the Group Home called my MIL who's 90, asked to accept $ 500.00

before this gets out of hand..??

MIL - says NO, and you need to speak to Patsy. Group Home Owner said "I don't want to talk to Patsy..:wah: too funny - I laughed..

I'm getting alot of response from my letter & hopefully this will be resolved.

I'll let you know

Patsy
ilona17

Post by ilona17 »

along-for-the-ride;853454 wrote: You have the contract.........Sounds like the law will be on your side.

I would maybe tell the local news about this mishap. The community should be aware of the lack of ethics from this facility.

Couldn't agree more ;)

Warn other people about that place, it's disgusting.

& good luck.
[QUOTE]:DLive Everyday Like It's Your Last :-6[/QUOTE]

Post by 911 »

Patsy Warnick;874802 wrote: Too funny

The owner of the Group Home called my MIL who's 90, asked to accept $ 500.00

before this gets out of hand..??

MIL - says NO, and you need to speak to Patsy. Group Home Owner said "I don't want to talk to Patsy..:wah: too funny - I laughed..

I'm getting alot of response from my letter & hopefully this will be resolved.

I'll let you know

Patsy

AHH HA!! Asking for a lesser settlement is an admission of guilt right there. Next time they call ask them which costs more-settling with your or court costs and lawyer fees. Even if they don't take an attorney to court with them, they will at least ask their attorney for assistance and that will cost them money.

Best of luck!

Also check with your local district court and ask them for all court documents in which they have been taken to court. Here that service will only cost you the price of copying the documents. You can have that as a standby in your hearing if the Judge allows it as evidence. But it will definatley help you with the BBB, in case all those that sued them never contacted the BBB.

Keep us updated. It seems things just keep getting worse in the "service" industry.

:-6
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

The STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES called me today to issue this statement:

You will receive the full amount of credit owed. The owner will immediately issue a check for the full amount of $1848.50. YEH !!! 6-26-08, I doubt if there will be a problem - don't hesitate to call me. Thank You..

State Dept explains there's a rule/law :

you cannot charge after date of death of deceased/resident. CAN'T

Owner of group home is directed to Call Mrs. Dale Warnick - apologize - discuss issuing check immediately.

This rule/law is good to know - law covers Grp Homes /Nursing Homes

I wonder how many families this Grp Home has ripped off

distraut families are more likely not to bother - most extended families are from out of state and don't bother to pursue.

Most Grp Homes here are run by some one from another Country and they're sending money back to families abroad. interesting

Thank You all for great ideas - 2 months of paperwork and @ $7.00 in costs ..

I should've been a Lawyer (what a year) alrighty NEXT !!

Thanks, Patsy
moonpie

Post by moonpie »

The almighty buck. These people do not seem to have any scrupples, do what you can about the media, etc. These people need to be taken to count for itl Do what you can girl, GO!!

Return to “Crimes Trials”