I'm not new but I'm new to you. So I guess I am kind of new. Sort of. Maybe...

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
wordwaymike

Post by wordwaymike »

Hello fellow ForumGarden literati! I am wordwaymike. Well, not really. That's my username, which you all know is a pseudonym. Which is, according to the cyber dictionary that I use to huck a sensible definition at some pesky word that has crept into my brain without the proper descriptive words in tow is;

pseudonym noun; a fictitious name used by an author to conceal his or her identity;

It is a pen name.

Which on these online writing sites is an exercise in futility because you have to give up your true name just to play in this cyber sandbox. I won't even go into "Nom de plume" and "Nom de guerre". OK., I'll go into them a little bit, but only because while I was getting the rundown on 'Mr. Pseudo' as I will call him for now I ran into two more of his definition lacking compadres that I found running around loose in my brain skillet. I will call them 'Monsieur Guerre' and 'Monsieur Plume' for now. Why you ask? Because they are French, and because I can. It's called literary license. And I carry mine with me! You should also make sure that you get your poetic license. Each in its own way allows you to toss out all the established rules that pertain to word spelling, sentence structure, syntax, and that's just a few of those problematic, writing boundary type inconveniences that you can kick to the curb whenever you want!

If anybody gives you any flack in their critique just type out POETIC LICENSE in your reply. I suggest that you do so in really big, bold face type. But if they ask you where you got this information... PLEASE! For God's sake (and mine) don't give them my username, pseudonym, Nom de guerre or Nom de plume. I'm in enough trouble around here as it is.

Also, if you would, read some of my written, word rule defying short stories and poems.

I almost forgot, my real name is Glen Michael Wilson. But keep that on the "down low" too.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Welcome to the Forum Mike, or at least welcome back. You've returned on a slow day, Friday. It perks up through the week and one way of keeping members alert is new threads or new responses to old ones.

So, hit it ! Wake us up !
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I can see why the name wordwaymike, on the basis of that post it suits you very well.

Don't worry about me....................welcome back.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Return to “Introductions”