New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
Lucy21

Post by Lucy21 »

Hi Guys

I am lucy.How are you everyone? I am happy to join this forum
FG-administator

Post by FG-administator »

My word there's a lot of New Yorkers joining this month.

Welcome to ForumGarden.

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Lucy21;1414169 wrote: Hi Guys

I am lucy.How are you everyone? I am happy to join this forumYou mean- Yo, it's Lucy! How youse doin? Just came by for a f*^kin' laugh! OK? - don't you?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Hi Lucy!
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Hello Lucy! Enjoy your visits with us.

Here's a welcome mat for you :D

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

FG;1414170 wrote: My word there's a lot of New Yorkers joining this month.

Welcome to ForumGarden.

Maybe New York is the only other place they've heard of :D
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

The other newbie's occupation is "privet" as well. Does that mean they're hedges?
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

SnoozeAgain;1414286 wrote: The other newbie's occupation is "privet" as well. Does that mean they're hedges?

Must be, other than that they do seem to be having a problem with the English language.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

New York seems to be ambulatory too... first it was in Brazil, now it's in Holland. I wonder if it's the city or the entire state.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

SnoozeAgain;1414311 wrote: New York seems to be ambulatory too... first it was in Brazil, now it's in Holland. I wonder if it's the city or the entire state.

But everyone knows that New York is in Lincolnshire - just down the road from Boston.

And I fear you've just insulted the good citizens of Belgium :-)
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Have at it Lucy, Post #1 got 10 replys. Imagine what a second post might do..
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

But they're all Dutch, aren't they? I can never keep that straight.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

SnoozeAgain;1414335 wrote: But they're all Dutch, aren't they? I can never keep that straight.

I haven't noticed anyone named Dutch sign up???
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

SnoozeAgain;1414335 wrote: But they're all Dutch, aren't they? I can never keep that straight.

No. Holland is one of the regions making up the Netherlands and they're Dutch.

Belgium and Luxembourg are separate countries that, with the Netherlands, make up the Benelux group.

Belgium was once part to the Netherlands but has been independent since the early 1800s
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

How about Tulip Privet?
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Bryn Mawr;1414340 wrote: No. Holland is one of the regions making up the Netherlands and they're Dutch.

Belgium and Luxembourg are separate countries that, with the Netherlands, make up the Benelux group.

Belgium was once part to the Netherlands but has been independent since the early 1800s

That's recent enough for me.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Bryn Mawr;1414340 wrote: No. Holland is one of the regions making up the Netherlands and they're Dutch.

Geography 101. Maybe 102 cause I never took that class.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

YZGI;1414339 wrote: I haven't noticed anyone named Dutch sign up???

You know Dutch ! He's very much into his Hyper Dimensional Design

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/paran ... esign.html
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Snowfire;1414347 wrote: You know Dutch ! He's very much into his Hyper Dimensional Design

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/paran ... esign.html

Damn, forgot about him.
John955

Post by John955 »

Hello all, I am John and i am new to this forum. My hobby is gardening and i love to join this type of communities. I have recently join this community to get in touch with latest information and take help on issues regarding to gardening.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

John955;1423035 wrote: Hello all, I am John and i am new to this forum. My hobby is gardening and i love to join this type of communities. I have recently join this community to get in touch with latest information and take help on issues regarding to gardening.

How is the weather in Australia ?
FG-administator

Betty Boop;1423054 wrote: How is the weather in Australia ?

It's dispiriting in some ways. I'd actually be quite interested to chat here with members from Islamabad if they'd only register with a view to chatting instead of spamming the site.

☎|||||||||||

Týr

Post by Týr »

tammi6523;1424610 wrote: I am new to this site but heard a lot for this site from my friends.

I want to be a member of this site & want to participate in the group discussions with you all.

That will be exciting then.

Do you have national elections in May? Perhaps you could explain the issues and describe the main candidates for us, that way we can get to chat with you.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
hallery

Post by hallery »

Hi! nice to meet you all.I am Alex and new here.I am glad to join this community.I think its place to share and discuss all new relevant things here.Its gonna to be very nice experience.Thanks to all.
ip attorneys
FG-administator

hallery;1425772 wrote: Hi! nice to meet you all.I am Alex and new here.I am glad to join this community.I think its place to share and discuss all new relevant things here.Its gonna to be very nice experience.Thanks to all.

Why is it that everyone joining from Islamabad recently has claimed to be posting from New York? Is it an in joke among Pakistan's Internet community?

You have national elections this month. Perhaps you could explain the issues and describe the main candidates for us, that way we can get to chat with you. Unless young Betty takes unilateral pre-emptive action again.

☎|||||||||||

AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

That was bothering me too. If he is in NY why doesn't his local time show that?

And, if his name is Alex why should he want to be called something else?
FG-administator

AnneBoleyn;1425777 wrote: That was bothering me too. If he is in NY why doesn't his local time show that?

The location and timezone fields aren't linked, it's quite common for someone to put their location correctly but not adjust the timezone from the default. Which might, though I don't guarantee it, be California.

☎|||||||||||

AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

California is 3 hours behind NY, not four. Can you link the times from the IP?
FG-administator

AnneBoleyn;1425780 wrote: California is 3 hours behind NY, not four. Can you link the times from the IP?

I expect there's a summer time offset somewhere. His profile is set to GMT-8 which I associate with California. I'm currently sat at GMT+1, with the one hour British Summer Time adjustment, so he's nominally 9 hours offset from my wall clock. What Americans do about summer time offsets I haven't ever looked up. England and Wales occasionally considers applying GMT+1 all year round, and some years we've even applied GMT+2 during the summer which keeps the northwest of the country in daylight until 11pm at the summer solstice (which north Scotland gets anyway on GMT+1), none of these wall clock times are cast in stone for ever, they're just legislative conveniences.

☎|||||||||||

Peter6565

Post by Peter6565 »

Hello every one! I am Peter from Australia and I an very excited to join your community because I am new to this forum.I hope that you will share the information in future.
FG-administator

Peter6565;1430985 wrote: Hello every one! I am Peter from Australia and I an very excited to join your community because I am new to this forum.I hope that you will share the information in future.

Why Australia? What possible advantage do you get from claiming to be posting from Australia when your ISP is in Islamabad? What's the point of making this transparently false statement in your first post?

☎|||||||||||

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Why the f**k don't you just ban these earthlings instead of using up four pages chatting about where they are and what time it is in Islamabad?
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

jones jones;1431013 wrote: Why the f**k don't you just ban these earthlings instead of using up four pages chatting about where they are and what time it is in Islamabad?

Apart from being from Islamabad what has he done to break the ToS?

He's under close surveillance and the follow up post told him we're watching him but until he does something actively wrong then, you never know, he might decide it's better to join in that to post spam that won't last five seconds before it's gone and he's banned.
FG-administator

I am keen to have any or all of these spam-posting Internet users join in discussions. None have so far done so despite repeated invitations. If even one of them did, interesting threads would result.

☎|||||||||||

Dreamerguy

Post by Dreamerguy »

Hi,

I decided to join. Need some advice from time to time and willing to try to help others as well. I'm mid-50s, married, with 2 adult children and one still in high school.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Dreamerguy;1431213 wrote: Hi,

I decided to join. Need some advice from time to time and willing to try to help others as well. I'm mid-50s, married, with 2 adult children and one still in high school.Welcome! What are your likes, dislikes and interests?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I decided to join. Need some advice from time to time and willing to try to help others as well. I'm mid-50s, married, with 2 adult children and one still in high school.

Welcome to the Garden - dive in and enjoy the discussions :-)
Týr

Post by Týr »

Dreamerguy;1431213 wrote: I decided to join. Need some advice from time to time and willing to try to help others as well.

Some of us are beyond helping. We are, however, practiced at giving advice. It's invariably bad advice, often unsought, rarely anything more than a disguised rant by a poster taking yet another opportunity to ride one hobbyhorse or another and almost invariably ill-spelled, ungrammatical and louche. By all means flatten anyone who approaches you in that vein especially if it's me.
Dreamerguy

Post by Dreamerguy »

Thanks for the welcomes. Likes/interests - travel, language study, physical fitness, kayaking, investing. I don't mind the odd criticism regarding grammar. I don't give much grammar advice myself, but I do sometimes think I know about everything else. (Probably a guy thing.)
Týr

Post by Týr »

Most of the froth here derives from whether a poster is a subject of Her Majesty or an heir to insurrection, those categories cover most of us. I take it from your command of our common tongue that you're one of the former.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

We're looking for voters in our Rock Off thread if you're interested. That's a safe way to get your feet wet. Kayaking and physical fitness is up Tyr's ally I think.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Welcome to The Garden ...

Despite all it's obvious faults & imperfections ... despite all the in and out fighting ... despite the name calling & ignoring ... it is probably still the best General & Social Forum available on the Internet.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
griffithlarry22

Post by griffithlarry22 »

Welcome to the forum. Good to hear your building again looking forward to seeing your progress.Cool

Best wishes

Return to “Introductions”