first post ~ hello to everyone~

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hello and happy thanksgiving to all who are celebrating. i look forward to meeting new friends here, and will tell you a little about myself...i live in florida, am a woman sheriff's deputy, an anglophile, love history and diving and criminology.( i have a quirk, almost never use capitalization, sorry!) i have not learned to navigate the board yet, and wonder if there is an area where people may discuss trials/crimes? i have been to a well-known trials site, but the behavior there is rather rude for my taste. i do have a sense of humor however, and can be a bit irreverant sometimes...it comes with my job i expect. sincerely , ladycop :)
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

lady cop wrote: i have a quirk, almost never use capitalization, sorry

That's a shame. Perhaps you prefer the quiet life.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Bill Sikes wrote: That's a shame. Perhaps you prefer the quiet life.
hello and i hardly would characterize my life as "quiet" LOL...i work 12 hour shifts and we are VERY busy! nice to "meet" you. (there, i used some caps.)
pattybug52

Post by pattybug52 »

Hi lady I spent 9 years volunteering for my local PD-did everything from Patrols, Property Room, Records, detectives-you name it I did it. I stopped 2 years ago when my grandson was born and they changed my hours at my reg job. Sure do miss it a lot tho. But things have changed there too-so many retired, another new chief in, a couple died-one we named my grandson his middle name cause he was so great with the volunteers-heck on his own time taught us how to shoot guns in the range-great guy Tyler-was glad I was not able to go to his funeral-he got injured on the job-some guy pulled out in front of his motor-he was in a coma for months then they pulled the plug-he had just got married 2 years before-right before I left. Anyway I can relate to many things you have to say. Even as a volunteer I usually put in 40 to 50 hours a month! Lot of other depts I worked in , but my regular was Property, and POP Team (Problem Oriented Police-went out once a week with PD, health dept, fire, code enforcement, gang unit, drug unit, etc)-last one was soo much fun-never knew what was gonna happen. Anyway-sorry for going on so much-never get to talk to too many from my old playground. Maybe when I retire I may go back to LE in another state that I can afford! Calif is too expensive!
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hello Pattybug and thankyou! Happy Thanksgiving to you~~i hope to bring an LE perspective here if people are interested. :)
Bothwell

Post by Bothwell »

New on here myself lady cop, oops no capitals sorry
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Peg

Post by Peg »

Hi lady cop and welcome to the garden. I'm sure you will enjoy it here. Happy Thanksgiving to you too :D
Peg

Post by Peg »

Hi Bothwell. Welcome to the garden. Don't be shy and post away. :D
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Peg wrote: Hi lady cop and welcome to the garden. I'm sure you will enjoy it here. Happy Thanksgiving to you too :D
THANKYOU PEG! :-6
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Bothwell wrote: New on here myself lady cop, oops no capitals sorry
GOOD....another one...hey see my "i love England" thread! as to Thanksgiving...sorry, we defected from the crown! LOL
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

[QUOTE=( i have a quirk, almost never use capitalization, sorry!)

Hi lady cop,

I think you and anastrophe have a common quirk!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Gabs

Post by Gabs »

lady cop wrote: hello and happy thanksgiving to all who are celebrating. i look forward to meeting new friends here, and will tell you a little about myself...i live in florida, am a woman sheriff's deputy, an anglophile, love history and diving and criminology.( i have a quirk, almost never use capitalization, sorry!) i have not learned to navigate the board yet, and wonder if there is an area where people may discuss trials/crimes? i have been to a well-known trials site, but the behavior there is rather rude for my taste. i do have a sense of humor however, and can be a bit irreverant sometimes...it comes with my job i expect. sincerely , ladycop :)

I am a cyber aquaintance of Lady Cop... She is the reason I am here at Forum Gardens...

I am a grandmother of 10 and one angel, have three Boston Terriers, and a working woman. I enjoy the crime forums and the discussion / debates on them.

Like LadyCopy, I love history and love to read. I have a sense of humor, although a tad on the weird side at times.

Hope to meet and make many more cyber friends...

Gabs~ :-6
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
abbey

Post by abbey »

Gabs wrote: I am a cyber aquaintance of Lady Cop... She is the reason I am here at Forum Gardens...

I am a grandmother of 10 and one angel, have three Boston Terriers, and a working woman. I enjoy the crime forums and the discussion / debates on them.

Like LadyCopy, I love history and love to read. I have a sense of humor, although a tad on the weird side at times.

Hope to meet and make many more cyber friends...

Gabs~ :-6

10 grandchildren, WOW!! welcome to the garden, love your quote about the dog by the way, that is so true, ENJOY X
Cass

Post by Cass »

Hi lowercase lady cop ;)
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

First time here, seem like a very nice forum.. ;)

I'm a 57year old GRANDMA, living in San Diego California. San Diego is my home town, born and raised here. It truly is a beautiful city, can't imagine living anywhere else.. ;)

I now work for our local chapter of the Alzheimer's Association. Prior to that I spent 22 year at one of the major hospital here in town, as the director of Information Systems.

I had an accident, and busted 2 vertabre in my neck, had me out of work for 10 years totally disabled. It was a long hard struggle to get the use of my upper body back, but I did it. Life is great, I thank the Lord I'm able to enjoy it.

That's when I started doing volunteer work at the Alzheimers association. I have been there ever since..!! :( Hopefully someday we will have a cure for this awful disease.

Thank you for letting me join this wonderful forum, I look forward to posting here. LadyCop invited me over, I thank her for that..!!

CARLA ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Carla is a wonderful lady! and her city is so beautiful...when the hurricanes were slamming us i nearly moved in with her!! LOL :-6 and she's so nice she would have let me! :-4
beautyful

Post by beautyful »

lady cop wrote: am a woman sheriff's deputy, an anglophile

well I'm english, so we should get along just fine :)

Return to “Introductions”