Hello, pleased to make your acquaintance

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
sohcahtoa

Post by sohcahtoa »

Always a joy to find a new forum and meet new people.

I am sohcahtoa, Canadian, mid-thirties. I have one husband, three sons, three cats and one pointy-nosed collie dog. I'm a veteran of quite a few internet forums under different names, but I've been sohcahtoa for quite a while now and no one else.

In real life I am proud to say I am a friend to Koan. We've known each other a long time but are currently separated by physical distance.

My moniker, if you think back to high school trigonometry, is the pneumonic to remember which of Sine, Cosine or Tangent you use to determine the unknown angles and side-measurements of a right-angled triangle, given only one interior angle and one (or more) sides. Now far be it from me to read anything, especially metaphorically, into mathematics, usually.

However I feel it fits me perfectly, when I think about it. It's about the importance of perspective, and how the information you have relates to your perspective, and the acknowledgement that we can deduce the answers we seek from the barest of information, deduce it differently from one another, and still in the end all be able to answer the questions sufficiently well.

For fun, I like intelligent books and stupid television, hanging around with my children, trying to make practical sense of the world I live in, and taking naps ;).

Pleased to "meet" you all. I don't know how much time I have for a new forum (they became tremendous timesucks to me and I had to cut way, WAY down on my internet usage!) but I'll be sure to pop in now and again to see what's up. So far I am pleased with the organisation: it is logical.

Tata for now,

~sohcahtoa
~Love deliberately. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.

Peg

Post by Peg »

Hi. Welcome to the garden. Hope you enjoy your time here. :D
koan

Post by koan »

Glad you made it here!

So, that's how you got that name. Since when did you become a triangle person and doesn't that mean you will implode? :yh_giggle
Suresh Gupta

Post by Suresh Gupta »

sohcahtoa wrote: Always a joy to find a new forum and meet new people.

I am sohcahtoa, Canadian, mid-thirties...........Pleased to "meet" you all. .......

~sohcahtoa

Welcome to the forum.

You have a nice signature, 'love deliberately'. May I modify it - 'Love deliberately, soon it will become a habit'.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

http://www.betterlife4all.com
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

Welcome..

Pleased to meet you too..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
Paula

Post by Paula »

Interesting, but one husband, do some have more than one? Welcome here, if you are as nice as Koan, the garden is a place you will enjoy. Please not too many math equations. cheerio. :)
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
sohcahtoa

Post by sohcahtoa »

Paula wrote: Interesting, but one husband, do some have more than one?

You never know what sort of people you'll meet online! I've met polyamorous people with more than one person they consider a spouse.

So yes, I have just the one husband, but he is sufficient ;)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, everyone.
~Love deliberately. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.

sohcahtoa

Post by sohcahtoa »

koan wrote: Since when did you become a triangle person and doesn't that mean you will implode?

Only when circles come into it (long story, folks).

LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

The internet is always great fun. I have met people on just about every contenent that have the same fist name as myself. I have an unusual spelling and that is the really intresting thing meeting people that spell it the same way.

Shan
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

Welcome SBG..

Glad to meet you. Texas.. 60 - 80... nice.. but I won't see those temps for another ohhhhh.. 5 months or so.. be more likely to see 20 - 30 below 0 before then..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
MiwSher

Post by MiwSher »

Hey fellow Canuck! Glad to see one more here. I haven't been at this forum very long but it's a good bunch, imho. :D

Looking forward to getting to know you.

MiwSher
Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe ;)

Return to “Introductions”