clarification to whom.....

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Hi dzd,

We live in Northern Idaho. 29 miles from Montana. 15 miles from Washington. Pretty much smack dab in the middle of the Panhandle. So technically, I shouldn't use the Big Skies motto - but hey! - I can see the Montana mountain range border from my property. :D

Sounds like you have sampled a few good places to live. I agree with you that the priorities and culture are very different in this area of the country. (I've written about this on FG.) We find it liberating. Life can be lived about 10 notches above anything we experienced in any big city.

What part of Washington are you in now? Western? Northern? Or?

dzd&cnfzd wrote: specifically tombstone, wa state, although i'm a little curious if your location is where it's inference suggests, we came back from ravalli county and kick our selves daily for it. we have no elk,deer,moose,eagles or fox in our yard now and miss it much. no dish for the first year, our son was born 5 weeks after we arrived. it was so peaceful and the priority system so much more realistic. my personal travels are oregon 60's- 70's, so cal 80's, seattle 90's. there had been a few detours here and there and the sum of the whole has left me incapable of a concise biography. academic, but computer illiterate. redneck, but no blue tarps allowed in the front yard. hippie attire, but still listen to grunge. conservative, but believe all humans have the right to their own truth. make a mean roast and the house is clean, but am not the warm and fuzzy mommy of the year.( the boy is either going to save the world or he's going to blow it up) he's precious to me, but doesn't give me the right to set him loose on humanity. hope it didn't bore you to tears. later.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Very good. I have friends who live in Bellingham. They tell me that it is really growing fast. Everyone is moving north!

Yes, I guess the Bitterroots "end" in Cabinet, Idaho - just a few miles north and east of us.

dzd&cnfzd wrote: north of seattle, along with the rest of the rats that can't afford the grossly inflated property costs. and if you can see the bitterroots then that should count for something. inland pnw just doesn't sound as poetic.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.

Return to “Introductions”