Bronx fire

spot

Bronx fire

Post by spot »

I'm sorry to learn of the number of people killed and injured in the shocking fire in the Bronx today. That degree of smoke throughout a building should be impossible these days.
At least 19 people, including nine children, have died after a fire in a New York apartment building.

Another 32 people were sent to hospital, several of whom are in a critical condition, according to New York Mayor Eric Adams.

Fire department Commissioner Daniel Nigro said they had found victims on every floor of the 19-storey block, saying the smoke was "unprecedented".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59931896
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Re: Bronx fire

Post by LarsMac »

spot wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:37 pm I'm sorry to learn of the number of people killed and injured in the shocking fire in the Bronx today. That degree of smoke throughout a building should be impossible these days.
At least 19 people, including nine children, have died after a fire in a New York apartment building.

Another 32 people were sent to hospital, several of whom are in a critical condition, according to New York Mayor Eric Adams.

Fire department Commissioner Daniel Nigro said they had found victims on every floor of the 19-storey block, saying the smoke was "unprecedented".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59931896
That building is a relic of the 1930s, I think. IT should have long ago been replaced.
There are quite a few more of them in the area, as well.

A lot of US cities have similar housing "Opportunities".
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Re: Bronx fire

Post by magentaflame »

I remember Washington...pristine street....another pristine street....cross the road....Wtf just happen?

I noticed in the footage there was no fire escape yet the building next to it had one.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!

Return to “Current Events”