TV show Politics

tude dog

TV show Politics

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
spot

Re: TV show Politics

Post by spot »

If you can see any serious suggestion in a news report that 'Paw Patrol’ might be under attack, please show where it is. The article you used, sayiing it was "Next", actually says it's not under criticism or threat at all by anyone, yet here you are saying people are raising it as an issue. Do you really think anyone's raising it as an issue? Why do you think that?

If it is in fact true that "Footage of the encounter, during which police repeatedly used Tasers on Ambler, never aired and was later destroyed" then the people on the show who destroyed the footage should be jailed.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

How Low, really can they get.

The savages are not only satisfied to burn, murder, etc but to practice censorship.

The Protests Come for ‘Paw Patrol’

You underestimate the zeal of those who want the total destruction of our civilization.
spot

Post by spot »

I take it you're being satirical in the American sense.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

No, not at all. 8-)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The New York Times
We’re sorry, we seem to have lost this page, but we don’t want to lose you. Please report the broken link here.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/10/arts ... -cops.html

Found it.
The article does make some good points if you drop the knee-jerk and actually read it.
"The “good cop” trope is a standard of both police procedurals and real-life police tactics, and now crowdsourced video of the protests has given cops a new stage for performing the role. In recent days, supposedly uplifting images of the police have spread wildly across the internet, competing for views with evidence of cops beating, gassing and arresting protesters. In Houston, an officer consoled a young black girl at a rally: “We’re here to protect you, OK?” he told her, enveloping her in a hug. “You can protest, you can party, you can do whatever you want. Just don’t break nothing.” In Nashville, the police tweeted a photo of cops kneeling next to a black boy with a “Black Lives Matter” sign, smiling from behind their riot helmets. And in Atlanta, a line of National Guard soldiers did the Macarena. On the final rump shake, a black rifle slung over one soldier’s back swung to the beat.
These images show cops engaging in a kind of pantomime of protest, mimicking the gestures of the demonstrators until their messages are diluted beyond recognition. They reframe protests against racist police violence into a bland, nonspecific goal of solidarity. These moments are meant to represent the shared humanity between officers and protesters, but cops already rank among the most humanized groups in America; the same cannot be said for the black Americans who live in fear of them. Cops can dance, they can hug, they can kneel on the ground, but their individual acts of kindness can no longer obscure the violence of a system. The good-cop act is wearing thin."
It's not REALLY attacking the "Paw Patrol" thingy.
I personally like seeing cops portrayed as good guys. I just wish that the cops would watch those shows and strive to actually be the good guys.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

I never viewed Live PD as to portray the police in a positive light but as realistic as possible. With that said I believe the departments offer their best to represent them.

'Live PD' host slams 'shocking' cancellation of the hit show

Goes along with what I always thought, it is not just about police but a desire to shift our culture in a sorry direction.
spot

Post by spot »

tude dog wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:35 pm I never viewed Live PD as to portray the police in a positive light but as realistic as possible. With that said I believe the departments offer their best to represent them.
And of course you don't regard the destruction of criminal evidence by part of the production team as cause for concern.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Criminal evidence, hmm.

Dan Abrams wasn't happy about that.

Long story short, no law was broke or reason to be concerned.

Return to “Current Events”