RIP Stirling Moss

Bryn Mawr

RIP Stirling Moss

Post by Bryn Mawr »

The greatest driver never to win the F1 world championship and a great rally driver too he remained involved in motor sport until into his eighties.

He died at the age of ninety after a long illness.
spot

RIP Stirling Moss

Post by spot »

What an inspiration he was, too. A thorough sportsman when others might have taken advantage, regardless of who ended up winning. He still did a lot of winning, the radio mentioned that he won two thirds of the 350+ that he finished. He wasn't bound to a single racing format either, his rallying was equally as famous as his racetrack performances. I'm glad he reached 90, many others didn't.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

RIP Stirling Moss

Post by LarsMac »

I went to Sebring for my first time with my uncle, and he was talking on about Moss the whole ride over. He came in 3rd that time. That was my introduction to racing.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Current Events”