It's All About The Oil Explained

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Finally!

Since the US invasion of Iraq in 2003, I've read many articles that point to oil as the rational, though what had been missing in those articles has been any kind of comprehensive explanation of what that means, leaving me confused. Until now!

In this piece by Michael Hudson we are treated to an explanation and breakdown of what "it's all about the oil" means and how it relates to tRumps recent assassination of Islamic Revolutionary Guard general Qassim Suleimani.

Hudson explains (in condensed version) how, over the past 70 years, the Pentagon has been in the ready to follow through with such plans if and when the times necessitate the action.

Now it is easy to understand tRump's thinking and just how intentional his actions and rhetoric is, and how and why US presidents follow the foreign policies of their predecessors on war. The mainstream media are carefully sidestepping the method behind America’s seeming madness in assassinating Islamic Revolutionary Guard general Qassim Suleimani to start the New Year. The logic behind the assassination this was a long-standing application of U.S. global policy, not just a personality quirk of Donald Trump’s impulsive action. His assassination of Iranian military leader Suleimani was indeed a unilateral act of war in violation of international law, but it was a logical step in a long-standing U.S. strategy. It was explicitly authorized by the Senate in the funding bill for the Pentagon that it passed last year. https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/01/06 ... near-east/
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

Yes, that was a well-constructed article and brings the story up to date. If I go looking there are threads from ten years ago mainly involving Koan which make very similar points.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I got a good laugh from:"Now it is easy to understand tRump's thinking..."

It is a well-written piece. But, I think that it is a mistake to presume that America is still in charge of all the goings on.

We have become pawns (Maybe Rooks, or even knights) in the brewing contest between the Shiite and Suni/Wahabi factions of the Muslim world, who no longer really give a flying Fig about Israel and the US.

And China and Russia are sitting back, waiting to see who is still standing after the smoke clears.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1529426 wrote: I got a good laugh from:"Now it is easy to understand tRump's thinking..." He is a simpleton. But my point is that he's really just taking orders from the Pentagon.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

spot;1529425 wrote: Yes, that was a well-constructed article and brings the story up to date. If I go looking there are threads from ten years ago mainly involving Koan which make very similar points.It would be nice to hear from her. I emailed her a couple of years ago but didn't receive a reply.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I thought we knew all this in the eighties? Whilst Iran continues to "disobey" America and the Saudis and sell their own oil to whom they wish it will continue.

Has anyone noticed more recently that if you aren't a friend of the States or kowtow to them you are automatically a terrorist state/person/group?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!

Return to “Current Events”