Another US diplomat steps up with Ukraine story

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Time to clean and load the guns, and break out the Popcorn.

Even Moscow Mitch is starting to build up the trenches and lay barbed wire.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The top American diplomat in Ukraine testified on Tuesday that President Donald Trump made the release of U.S. security aid to Ukraine contingent on Kiev publicly declaring it would carry out politically motivated investigations that he demanded, according to a copy of his statement to lawmakers.

U.S. diplomat testifies Trump tied Ukraine aid to politically motivated investigations

William Taylor, a career diplomat and former Army officer who serves as the charge d’affaires in the U.S. embassy in Ukraine, gave closed-door testimony to the three Democratic-led House of Representatives committees leading an impeachment inquiry against the Republican president. The Washington Post posted a copy of Taylor’s opening statement online.

Taylor’s appearance marked another pivotal development in the political drama unfolding in Washington that threatens Trump’s presidency even as he pursues re-election.

It ran counter to Trump’s contention that there was no quid pro quo - a Latin phrase meaning a favor for a favor - related to the $391 million in security assistance approved by the U.S. Congress to help combat Russia-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine that Trump had withheld.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

In the business world favor for a favor is business as usual, but in politics, it is a sin of great magnitude, provided enough of the population weighs in on the matter to condemn it. Trump's supporters are mainly made up of wannabe successfully affluent business people that make the mistake of conflating politics with business, and so, as long as their guy is in the WH, that's all fine. The question is always, how many supporters will Trump have when it matters, and that, unfortunately, is dependant on the state of the economy, as much of a red-herring as that is. Trump supports being single-issue voters, who believe Trump will show everyone how to get rich quick.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Looks another Nothingburger--- as per the Russia Hoax ---- if this Wiki narrative is correct and complete .

Taylor had concerns and a query which were listened to and responded to .

There is no evidence yet of any' quid per quo' and even if the House of Reps in a fit of pre- election madness progress impeachment , matters will grind to a halt in the Senate .

We will look back at DNC behaviour with amazement and the key instigators will be ridiculed .Mass hysteria in full view .

On October 22, 2019, Taylor testified before the US Congressional House regarding the impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump and the Trump-Ukraine scandal. In his opening statement, Taylor says "in August and September of this year, I became increasingly concerned that our relationship with Ukraine was being fundamentally undermined by an irregular, informal channel of US policy-making and by the withholding of vital security assistance for domestic political reasons. I hope my remarks today will help the committees understand why I believed that to be the case."

In his opening statement, Taylor commented directly on the text exchange with Ambassador Sondland, stating, "As the committees are now aware, I said on September 9 in a message to Ambassador Gordon Sondland that withholding security assistance in exchange for help with a domestic political campaign in the United States would be 'crazy'. I believed that then, and I still believe that."

Taylor explained further that while he wanted to say "yes" to accepting Secretary of State Michael Pompeo's initial offer to serve as Ambassador to Ukraine, it was not an easy decision because former Ambassador Masha Yovanovitch had been "treated poorly" and "caught in a web of political machinations both in Kyiv and Washington." Taylor said in his statement that former Ambassador Yovanovitch encouraged him to accept the position "both for policy reasons and for the morale of the embassy". Taylor then explains that he had decided he could only be effective "if the US policy of strong support for Ukraine - strong diplomatic support, along with robust security, economic, and technical assistance - were to continue" and "If I had the backing of the Secretary of State to implement that policy" as Taylor was "worried about what I had heard concerning the role of Rudolph Guliani, who had made several high-profile statements about Ukraine and US policy toward the country." As a result Taylor states that "So during my meeting with Secretary Pompeo on May 28, I made clear to him and the others present that if US policy toward Ukraine changed, he would not want me posted there, and I could not stay. Taylor states that Secretary Pompeo "assured me that the policy of strong support for Ukraine would continue and that he would support me in defending that policy".
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Russiagate was a CIA/FBI scandal, no question about that. This is not, this is real, and Trump should be, for all intent and purposes, finished.. The CIA agent who was the whistleblower might have been a plant to pick up on wrongdoing in the WH, but so what. Isn't that what surveillance is, to make sure the honest remain honest? We live in a time when there are cameras on nearly every corner, and now have technology that reveals the names of every person who drives down the streets of our neighborhoods. What's the difference between any of that and a CIA agent in the WH watching things?

The Senate will do all it can to shield Trump since he's their whore, who gives them the judges they want and supports the fossil fuel industry.

Trump is your whore, not mine, and you can have him. He obviously gives good head.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Calm down, otherwise you will go the way of Bernie Baby .

Taylor offered an opinion . Just as anybody can . An opinion .

It was not deemed justified and as a layman it made me laugh --- career diplomat looking for next appointment at the UN or IMF or UNICEF etc .

Being slightly more serious , Taylor was just being thorough and covering his own back against this very type of situation possibility .

Once the hacks and CIA puppets calm down , this evidence will be seen for what it is .

Nothing .
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Just finished talking to a couple of very clever and well appointed Mountain Men -- one claims to know Trey quite well

They both think that very quickly , and after the venom of the hysterical CIA hacks has calmed , matters will steadily move in Trump's favour

An even higher approval score

People aren't stupid and more and more of them know that US mainstream media news is totally fake .

Whatever is said these days is reversed by Jo Average and Trump's stock moves higher .

Americans have learned what rodents smell like . And anything linked with mad Nancy and Maxine or with Gay Boy Adam and treasonous Schumer has a distinct rat like stink .

Will the DNC even exist after The Donald has drained the swamp ?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I must say that you seem to be the most Eloquent StormTrumper that I have encountered of late.

Your grasp of the English language is commendable.

But, your boy is going DOWN, Son.

We will deal with the aftermath as necessary, but he will soon be returning to Mar A Lago in defeat.

Even McConnell is preparing a life raft.
- DH Lawrence
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

LarsMac;1526504 wrote: I must say that you seem to be the most Eloquent StormTrumper that I have encountered of late.

Your grasp of the English language is commendable.

But, your boy is going DOWN, Son.

We will deal with the aftermath as necessary, but he will soon be returning to Mar A Lago in defeat.

Even McConnell is preparing a life raft.

Mac , old bean , I have no political affiliations or allegiances .Nor have had at any period of my life .

But I have been a player all my life -- Chess , Bridge at very high levels and several physical sports to regional level .My physical prime has gone .

And now I have little time for TV or Films or the last two decades of popular music .

What is left over ?

So I am a sucker for a, Who Done It ?

And I am a voracious problem solver .

I also bet professionally -- English Football , Boxing , Athletics and Tennis only , and I love to be involved in unstructured plots with only probability solutions .

But backing Trump ( say) is not a personal matter . It is just a winning or losing bet . And if the situation really changed I would be shorting my bets to at least hold on to my original stake .

I only like win/win situations .

The secret is to never be personally involved . Just know how to make an accurate book ( research and scholarship ) and then play the real odds without being greedy .

Currently I am interested in nothing apart from the price of precious metals and the money making opportunities from Block Chain and probably some Cryptos and Alt Coins .
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Continuing , Old Bean ,

From now , the opportunities to make wealth are greater than they were when the Great Depression struck in 1929-30 .

Incredible changes will occur and if you bet on the infrastructure --- commodities and the vehicles that permit commodity exchange ( Crypto for Fiat ) , you will emerge as rich as Midas .

Then you can start worrying about happiness and doing good .

All imho .
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Raphael;1526532 wrote: Mac , old bean , I have no political affiliations or allegiances .Nor have had at any period of my life .

But I have been a player all my life -- Chess , Bridge at very high levels and several physical sports to regional level .My physical prime has gone .

And now I have little time for TV or Films or the last two decades of popular music .

What is left over ?

So I am a sucker for a, Who Done It ?

And I am a voracious problem solver .

I also bet professionally -- English Football , Boxing , Athletics and Tennis only , and I love to be involved in unstructured plots with only probability solutions .

But backing Trump ( say) is not a personal matter . It is just a winning or losing bet . And if the situation really changed I would be shorting my bets to at least hold on to my original stake .

I only like win/win situations .

The secret is to never be personally involved . Just know how to make an accurate book ( research and scholarship ) and then play the real odds without being greedy .

Currently I am interested in nothing apart from the price of precious metals and the money making opportunities from Block Chain and probably some Cryptos and Alt Coins .

Well good for you. Follow your bliss.

I have no need of all those baubles and such. They're all too costly of the one most precious of commodities.

I agree about being personally invested in the goings-on of the Political elite.

But really, Trump is such a buffoon.
- DH Lawrence
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

LarsMac;1526536 wrote:

But really, Trump is such a buffoon.

Is he ?

If his IQ is around 155 he is a Genius . Period .

Only Bill Clinton matches him post WW2

His sporting and academic records mark him as exceptional and his lifestyle has always been exemplary .

He had two main mentors .

His ultra successful Dad

The slipperiest and most successful lawyer of the 20 century -- Roy Cohn .

So , although Trump has very high natural IQ , he has ignored the academic part for probably around the last 50 years .

He uses his personality , however you choose to label it .

He has the smartness and street credibility factors in high abundance .

He is a fighter -- literally . Very successful and he learned from losing contests .

He has an enormous fund of wide ranging experience to draw on .

He fights all battles on his terms and literally using the languages that he understands and that he knows the 'Suits' have absolutely no experience of .

Frankly , he has run rings around all of his enemies and opponents and they simply cannot handle him .

The only possible way to beat him is by using his exact same strategies and in the ways he uses them .

That could work because his Achilles heel might be his ego which might now be uncontrollable --------in his eyes he never loses and he has lost nothing in the last 3-4 years , say .

He has you fooled and you cannot understand how an apparent buffoon ( only in the terms you have set up !! ) keeps winning with voter approval steadily rising .

He is also fortunate to be operating at a time where his direct opponents are of pathetic low standard .

Clinton and Biden are very ill and decrepit . Let alone monumentally corrupt .

Pelosi is way past her sell date . Looks to be also an early dementia sufferer .

Schiff is a serial lier and with a very low grade CV and public persona .

Waters is mentally certifiable .

Warren is enmeshed in lies ( I am a Red Indian saga ) plus a green deal which is unfundable

etc etc

A bunch of Clowns and that is being very charitable .
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1526504 wrote: I must say that you seem to be the most Eloquent StormTrumper that I have encountered of late.

Your grasp of the English language is commendable.All Style - No Substance.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Ahso!;1526547 wrote: All Style - No Substance.

I wonder if you realise that this type of response is the equivalent of a naughty kid writing rude things on a wall -- usually toilet .

But in fairness it is 100% predicted .

Naughty boy . Detention or early night ?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Raphael;1526544 wrote: Is he ?

If his IQ is around 155 he is a Genius . Period .

You've been sleeping with his publicist, or what?

Raphael;1526544 wrote:

He has you fooled and you cannot understand how an apparent buffoon ( only in the terms you have set up !! ) keeps winning with voter approval steadily rising .

He is also fortunate to be operating at a time where his direct opponents are of pathetic low standard .

Clinton and Biden are very ill and decrepit . Let alone monumentally corrupt .

Pelosi is way past her sell date . Looks to be also an early dementia sufferer .

Schiff is a serial lier and with a very low grade CV and public persona .

Waters is mentally certifiable .

Warren is enmeshed in lies ( I am a Red Indian saga ) plus a green deal which is unfundable

etc etc

A bunch of Clowns and that is being very charitable .

He has not fooled anyone but the other Clowns in his Circus.

King of the Fools. He speaks their language, that's for certain.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Current Events”