Mr Preview, RIP

spot

Mr Preview, RIP

Post by spot »

The BBC has the magnificent clip of the late André Previn from 1971, it might not play outside of the UK but even so... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertain ... edy-sketch

He galvanised British music when he accepted the London Symphony Orchestra for a decade, from which platform he often appeared in televised and radio concerts. I saw him perform his own music with full orchestra at the Mermaid in 1978 ("Every Good Boy Deserves Favour"), an evening I recollect vividly. It was a masterly engagement with his audience. I would love to think the play might be revived.

I heard him play jazz piano one evening too at the Colston Hall, goodness knows how many years ago. Thirty or thereabouts. Perhaps the word virtuoso is meant for such people.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Current Events”