blackface is fairly common on the elite left

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

I like Tucker Carlson. Often he makes me laugh, then other times I sit gagging.

I really like his perspective on blackface by the Virginia governor.

Wearing blackface is fairly common on the elite left.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
spot

Post by spot »

What an odd use of the word "is". Thirty years ago? maybe. Have you even a single example in the current century? I've not seen or heard of one. Have you?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot;1522312 wrote: What an odd use of the word "is". Thirty years ago? maybe. Have you even a single example in the current century? I've not seen or heard of one. Have you?

Perhaps if I had any idea what you are talking about.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LOL!

To be fair and honest, the group you're actually referring to is/were the fake left, or what is commonly referred to these days as Neoliberals.

True progressives don't bother with this kind of silliness.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog;1522314 wrote: Perhaps if I had any idea what you are talking about.

Thinking about it I remembered in school learning about an advertisement. commercials which abuse the English language. So I abbreviated the title from

Tucker Carlson: Wearing blackface is fairly common on the elite left. Modern liberalism is all about hypocrisy

I hope that answers you.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1522318 wrote: LOL!

To be fair and honest, the group you're actually referring to is/were the fake left, or what is commonly referred to these days as Neoliberals.

True progressives don't bother with this kind of silliness.

OK, if you say so.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Whatever side of the political spectrum one belongs to, punishing a person for what they did 30 year back seems ridiculous.

Bringing it up and comparing who they are now is one thing, but to expect them to roll up in a ball and die for being stupid when young is probably a bad idea.

Though, that would eliminate a fairly large percentage of the population.

And of course, the Fright Wing is bringing up how the left reacted to Judge Kavanaugh's bit of drunken stupidity, but, here's the thing on that. For most, it was his tirade that many objected to. He did not seem at all sorry for his churlish behavior when young. His tantrum in front of the nation showed him up for who he is now.

As for Mr Carlson, he is a twit of the highest order, in my opinion. If I had the time to sit and watch TV, I would not waste it on the likes of him.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

tude dog;1522321 wrote: Thinking about it I remembered in school learning about an advertisement. commercials which abuse the English language. So I abbreviated the title from

Tucker Carlson: Wearing blackface is fairly common on the elite left. Modern liberalism is all about hypocrisy

I hope that answers you.

I asked you to explain what you'd written, that's all.

You - nobody else, just you - posted the sentence "Wearing blackface is fairly common on the elite left". I asked what "is" means to you. I especially asked "Have you even a single example in the current century?". Perhaps you have an answer to the question?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"Wearing blackface is fairly common on the elite left."

No, you moron (aimed at Tuckass). Wearing blackface was/is fairly common for WHITE people of any political 'stripe', particularly if in the South and male.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot;1522341 wrote: I asked you to explain what you'd written, that's all.

You - nobody else, just you - posted the sentence "Wearing blackface is fairly common on the elite left". I asked what "is" means to you. I especially asked "Have you even a single example in the current century?". Perhaps you have an answer to the question?

I posted it because I thought it was interesting. I heard a commentary on more examples of blackface entertainers but it can't find it on the internet so I can't quote it.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1522339 wrote: Whatever side of the political spectrum one belongs to, punishing a person for what they did 30 year back seems ridiculous.

I agree.

LarsMac;1522339 wrote: Bringing it up and comparing who they are now is one thing, but to expect them to roll up in a ball and die for being stupid when young is probably a bad idea.

Though, that would eliminate a fairly large percentage of the population.

And of course, the Fright Wing is bringing up how the left reacted to Judge Kavanaugh's bit of drunken stupidity, but, here's the thing on that. For most, it was his tirade that many objected to. He did not seem at all sorry for his churlish behavior when young. His tantrum in front of the nation showed him up for who he is now.

LarsMac;1522339 wrote: As for Mr Carlson, he is a twit of the highest order, in my opinion. If I had the time to sit and watch TV, I would not waste it on the likes of him.

I admit I have more time than I need to watch TV and like to watch Mr. Carlson to a point. To me, it is entertainment with some news value, but his slavish support of Trumps and some of his weird theories send me back to the Kinder.
spot

Post by spot »

tude dog;1522385 wrote: I posted it because I thought it was interesting. I heard a commentary on more examples of blackface entertainers but it can't find it on the internet so I can't quote it.

I don't doubt that at all, I merely wondered why you thought tying (1) the present day, "is", (2) the "fairly common" and (3) "the elite left", could be anything other than a vile deliberate smear which I presume can't be substantiated and is in fact a grotesque lie. Can it be substantiated? Are you claiming what you found on the Internet was about those three phrases in conjunction and that it was a credible report? Do you actually believe it to be true? Just look at your thread title, for goodness sake. You posted that propagandist lie under "Current Events".

Return to “Current Events”