Australian Reporter Destroys Trump But Breaks My Heart...

Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

I completely agree with everything this man says, but the final line, "Some will cheer the decline of America, but I think we'll miss it when it's gone..." just kills my heart.

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

You got a link?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Saint_;1510860 wrote: I completely agree with everything this man says, but the final line, "Some will cheer the decline of America, but I think we'll miss it when it's gone..." just kills my heart.

We elected a President more qualified for reality TV than reality.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Oh Ulhman. Just saw it. He's just summing up.

Not sure why that would go viral.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

chuckle. Most folks aren't aware of the Aussie talent for cutting to the heart of the matter and expressing it, um, clearly. ;)

And speaking for myself he summed up a whole lot of thoughts that have been swirling round in my head but I'd never put together. He did, and better than I would have.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

The particular comment has been bandied around for awhile now by our news talk/chat shows . Especially the "we'll miss them when they're gone" comment.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Well, you know, no empire has every lasted in the history of mankind. The balance of power is constantly shifting. Rome did the best, but even it fell. The sun now sets on the British empire and people said that would never happen.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Saint_;1511169 wrote: The sun now sets on the British empire and people said that would never happen.

Go wash your mouth out......................watch us soar now we have dropped the shackles of the EU.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1511171 wrote: Go wash your mouth out......................watch us soar now we have dropped the shackles of the EU.

Yeah. Um,..., good luck with that.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1511172 wrote: Yeah. Um,..., good luck with that.

More fake news then ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I think the very best we can hope for is to be not that much worse off for no benefit whatever.

I cannot think of anything in our entire history that matches it for sheer stupidity.

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Saint_;1511169 wrote: Well, you know, no empire has every lasted in the history of mankind. The balance of power is constantly shifting. Rome did the best, but even it fell. The sun now sets on the British empire and people said that would never happen.

Saint do you know what that statement actually means? ---> "sun never sets on the British Empire"? Cause I'm pretty sure it still doesn't.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

chuckle. It's not as if the British actually govern these places nowadays! I suppose the phrase should be updated to reflect modern politics and so be that, "The Sun never sets on the Commonwealth of Nations." Cos it never does. And I rate the Commonwealth as a Good Thing.

FourPart

Post by FourPart »

The Commonwealth works. It is a system that benefits all parties equally. The EU does not. The original intent of the Common Market - a trading agreement between countries was fine - I would still be in favour of that, but it was never intended as the Central Government to which it evolved. The Commonwealth works as all members still operate independently, making their own laws, without being answerable to the others. Once you get other countries wanting to have a say in how another country is run - that's where the friction starts.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Tell me about it....... the "dismissal" comes to mind. That still to this day leaves a ringing in the ears and a bad taste in the mouth.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Schuman Declaration:

It proposes that Franco-German production of coal and steel as a whole be placed under a common High Authority, within the framework of an organization open to the participation of the other countries of Europe. The pooling of coal and steel production should immediately provide for the setting up of common foundations for economic development as a first step in the federation of Europe, and will change the destinies of those regions which have long been devoted to the manufacture of munitions of war, of which they have been the most constant victims. (my bold)

from https://europa.eu/european-union/about- ... aration_en

This is the preamble to the Treaty of Paris 1950 which set up the iron and steel agreement between France and Germany (Belgium and Luxembourg too iirc...) which is still recognised as the basis of the Common Market and the EU and as the part I bolded indicates the federation of Europe was openly stated as part of the plan to prevent another European war ever happening. Right from the very start.

Claims to the contrary are simply wrong. Brexit propaganda.

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

My god! He actually did it....... he sacked hi.m!

Theres going to be a lot of unhappy republicans today.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

He used the Republicans to get into power, now there aren't any left in his administration (I think?), just family and friends.

This thing of theirs is likely to be very profitable!

Successful N Korean missile launch I gather. This one could hit Los Angeles, apparently...Trump promised they would never have that capacity...

Return to “Current Events”