Has Hobby Lobby been Helping to Fund ISIS through it's artifact purchases?

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Federal prosecutors say Hobby Lobby Stores has agreed to pay a $3 million federal fine and forfeit thousands of ancient Iraqi artifacts smuggled from the Middle East that the government alleges were intentionally mislabled.https://apnews.com/c8dfdf8123cf4c839ed7 ... _medium=AP

--------------

The stink on social media is that these folks have been inadvertently funding terrorists with their purchases since 2009
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Post by spot »

I've no idea where you get the "inadvertently" from.

Anyone buying ancient Middle Eastern historical artifacts without acceptable provenance can be absolutely certain it's war loot from the past fifteen years, and that armed combatants are the primary looters, and that a lot of the armed irregular combatants fight on behalf of organizations listed as terrorist organizations by the US authorities.

If "Hobby Lobby Stores" sells the material then they must have paid for it, they didn't dig it up themselves. Either the company's officers diligently checked provenance or they didn't. I'd happily bet cash that they didn't.

Inadvertently? Nonsense. The word you need is "Criminally". If they claim inadvertence then their fine should be doubled and their directors jailed.

Selling long-buried Arks of the Covenant as the genuine Ark of the Covenant is a different matter, it anyone knows where I can buy an Ark of the Covenant which would pass carbon dating I'd be grateful for an email to that effect, I have a space in my display cabinet that's exactly the right size. I'd pay extra if it includes tablets.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Hobby Lobby to Return Ancient Artifacts Believed Stolen From Iraq
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Apparently, they are building a museum. link

on edit: No word as to what role the stolen artifacts would play in a museum that features Elvis' Bible, Babe Ruth's Bible, the world's biggest Bible, and a restaurant that serves recipes from the Bible.
spot

Post by spot »

tude dog;1510754 wrote: Hobby Lobby to Return Ancient Artifacts Believed Stolen From Iraq

You call that "returning"?

That's not returning. That's permanently appropriating.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

spot;1510750 wrote: I've no idea where you get the "inadvertently" from.

Anyone buying ancient Middle Eastern historical artifacts without acceptable provenance can be absolutely certain it's war loot from the past fifteen years, and that armed combatants are the primary looters, and that a lot of the armed irregular combatants fight on behalf of organizations listed as terrorist organizations by the US authorities.

If "Hobby Lobby Stores" sells the material then they must have paid for it, they didn't dig it up themselves. Either the company's officers diligently checked provenance or they didn't. I'd happily bet cash that they didn't.

Inadvertently? Nonsense. The word you need is "Criminally". If they claim inadvertence then their fine should be doubled and their directors jailed.

Selling long-buried Arks of the Covenant as the genuine Ark of the Covenant is a different matter, it anyone knows where I can buy an Ark of the Covenant that would pass carbon dating I'd be grateful for an email to that effect, I have a space in my display cabinet that's exactly the right size. I'd pay extra if it includes tablets.

"Criminally "is the folks caught shoplifting $15 worth of merchandise from one of their stores.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Return to “Current Events”