Where else are we going to have a barbecue

spot

Post by spot »

A news item this morning.The individuals involved in the barbecue said the churchyard was "where we live" and they would be doing it again.

"Pretty much everyone who was down here at the time was homeless," they said.

"Where else are we going to have a barbecue, it don't burn the graves and no way is it disrespectful because nobody has visited this grave."

Barbecue on 200-year-old tombstone 'disgraceful', vicar says - BBC News

I would be sympathetic were it not for the inanity of the comment. As it is, I'd happily applaud were the lot of them thrashed naked through the town centre by the local constable.

To take one of the polluted gravestones - by which I don't mean desecrated, I mean polluted - that of William Tyrrell, he was the local draper who had lived when younger in London, who died at 56 leaving a wife, Elizabeth.Mrs Tyrrell desires to express her deep gratitude to the Clergy, Gentry, and Inhabitants generally of Devizes and neighbourhood for the liberal patronage accorded to her late husband for many years past, and begs to inform them that arrangements for the delivery of the remaining portion of Spring and Summer Goods are now complete - specifically with reference to Millinery, Mantles, Jackets, Costumes, Dresses, Silks and Fancy Goods - of which she respectfully solicits an inspection on and after Tuesday next, the 5th May.

38, Market Place, Devizes.

The Usher Family of Scotland Elizabeth FOSTER

Regardless of whether it burns the graves, the barbecue - and the appalling litter - is totally disrespectful.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Wow! more respect for a dead mans home than the living homeless.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

Absolutely no respect whatever for the living homeless when they can't pick their damned litter up after them. I'd have been equally annoyed had they been skiving schoolchildren or an outing of the Royal British Legion.

What part of my post makes you think I'd pick out specifically the living homeless? Go back and look at what I wrote, I make no reference whatever to their homelessness. I make reference to their abysmal standard of hygiene, their lack of esthetic and cultural sensitivity and the mistaken idea that a grave is only to be respected if someone visits it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I didn't say you said anything........ I made a comment.

I stand by that.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

Perhaps you see no benefit in having churchyards in the first place other than to picnic devotees.

Return to “Current Events”