Trump is DOOMed

tude dog

Trump is DOOMed

Post by tude dog »

Don't get excited, nothing yet seems to rise to the level of impeachment.

To be clear, I see nothing good about the impeachment of a president unless it leads to a conviction in the Senate, which doesn't look likely.

I just love to watch the trump train wreck and the storm of tweets to come.

WASHINGTON POST
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
spot

Trump is DOOMed

Post by spot »

If I have the sense of today's testimony right, Mr Comey admitted he was storing up ammunition which he subsequently used to try to damage the President. Firing him in that circumstance seems eminently sensible on President Trump's part. The President warned him in private that if he couldn't be trusted then he couldn't retain his office, yes?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Trump is DOOMed

Post by tude dog »

spot;1510001 wrote: If I have the sense of today's testimony right, Mr Comey admitted he was storing up ammunition which he subsequently used to try to damage the President.

To what end?

spot;1510001 wrote: Firing him in that circumstance seems eminently sensible on President Trump's part.

If that is why he fired Comey. After all, Comey did not promise his loyalty to the president, as he properly shouldn't. That is not part of his oath to the office.

spot;1510001 wrote: The President warned him in private that if he couldn't be trusted then he couldn't retain his office, yes?

Trusted with what?
gmc

Trump is DOOMed

Post by gmc »

I doubt it will lose him support amongst his core supporters and trump IMO just does not understand the concept of a president not having the power to do what he wants. He fired the attorney general id he not and for much the same reason, not doing what she was told.
Clodhopper

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Clodhopper »

Looks like he's getting rid of people who won't do as they are told. Comey did what he could to cover his arse. Amazing. Trump appears to be trying to recreate the Presidency as a bastard feudal Monarchy with him dispensing the patronage. Aka successful robber baron. Well, we know where he's taking the USA: the C15th.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Patsy Warnick

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Tude

This Comey "investigation" has it changed your opinion about Trump Administration?:wah:

This is all going to fall on Comey & not Trump. Trump will march on as Pres..

Patsy
spot

Trump is DOOMed

Post by spot »

tude dog;1510003 wrote: Trusted with what?If I interpret the President's words correctly, trusted to behave with integrity.

Patsy Warnick;1510009 wrote: This is all going to fall on Comey & not Trump. Trump will march on as Pres..So it ought, and so he should.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Trump is DOOMed

Post by tude dog »

Patsy Warnick;1510009 wrote: Tude

This Comey "investigation" has it changed your opinion about Trump Administration?:wah:

NO

Patsy Warnick;1510009 wrote: This is all going to fall on Comey & not Trump. Trump will march on as Pres..

What is to fall on Comey?

In my OP I wrote Don't get excited, nothing yet seems to rise to the level of impeachment.

That guy just once again proved he's in over his head and just doesn't get it.
Patsy Warnick

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Patsy Warnick »

"This Guy" is in over his head

Tude - are you referring to Comey or Trump?

Patsy
tude dog

Trump is DOOMed

Post by tude dog »

Patsy Warnick;1510014 wrote: "This Guy" is in over his head

Tude - are you referring to Comey or Trump?

Patsy

I apologize as I thought I posted this.

“I need loyalty, I expect loyalty”

That is just so wrong, and I believe he (Trump) just doesn't get it.
Patsy Warnick

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Tude

what do you mean Trump doesn't get it?

Patsy
tude dog

Trump is DOOMed

Post by tude dog »

Patsy Warnick;1510017 wrote: Tude

what do you mean Trump doesn't get it?

Patsy

He is not in a corporate room where he can negotiate quid pro quo.

Cannot do that with somebody who has sworn

I [name] do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

I don't see Trump's name in there.
Mark Aspam

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Mark Aspam »

Patsy Warnick;1510009 wrote: This is all going to fall on Comey & not Trump. Trump will march on as Pres..

PatsyPatsy, I'm not sure that I follow your train of thought here, maybe you can be more precise.

Comey took a solemn oath to tell the truth, under penalty of perjury, what do you imagine is going to "fall on him"?

Trump lies every time he opens his mouth.

If the Russians sabotaged the election, which it seems that they did, it's very possible that the results could be nullified. That's never happened but this could be the first time.

If that should happen, Trump has made such a fool of himself during the past few months that it's unlikely he would be re-elected, even by the halfwits who voted for him the first time.
Patsy Warnick

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I'm going by "Trump is doomed"

I feel Trump will march on as Pres.- and who lied - who leaked info - who ? who?

The liar - leaking of info will be Comey.

Interesting that Comey felt the need to document meeting with Trump as if Comey knew he should cover his rear - perhaps Comey instincts kicked in.

I'm not a Trump supporter - I'm just another poor sap that got stuck with him as Pres..

This makes me think what my dad would always say "they're all Crooks".

Trump re-elected:-5 Do you believe Comey?

Patsy
Mark Aspam

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Mark Aspam »

Patsy Warnick;1510024 wrote: I'm going by "Trump is doomed"

Do you believe Comey?

PatsyI'm not sure if this is directed to me, or to the original poster, or both of us.

Of course I believe Comey. Lying under oath is a serious crime, punishable by imprisonment. Under those circumstances, what would be his motivation?

Trump lies constantly, though not under oath. Big difference.
Patsy Warnick

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Mark

You seem to have full confidence with "Under Oath" . I don't

Patsy
G#Gill

Trump is DOOMed

Post by G#Gill »

I'm expecting to hear that Trump has been assassinated ! After all, every time he opens his mouth he digs himself in deeper into the mire of lies and deceit. There will come a time when some loyal American will have enough of Trumps power-crazy actions/words, and he/she will pull out his/her trusty 9mm and test the firing mechanism ! No wonder Trump has cornered the market in security manpower - he's obviously frightened of leaving this mortal coil in a violent manner.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Mark Aspam

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Mark Aspam »

G#Gill;1510036 wrote: I'm expecting to hear that Trump has been assassinated ! After all, every time he opens his mouth he digs himself in deeper into the mire of lies and deceit. There will come a time when some loyal American will have enough of Trumps power-crazy actions/words, and he/she will pull out his/her trusty 9mm and test the firing mechanism ! No wonder Trump has cornered the market in security manpower - he's obviously frightened of leaving this mortal coil in a violent manner.Trump is crazy and crooked as hell and needs to be removed from office. Hopefully that will be by some means other than assassination. The Comey proceedings might or might not help in that regard, one can only pray, we shall see.
spot

Trump is DOOMed

Post by spot »

Speaking as a disinterested observer and considering the alternatives, I would be happy to see him re-elected in 2020.
Mark Aspam

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Mark Aspam »

spot;1510045 wrote: Speaking as a disinterested observer and considering the alternatives, I would be happy to see him re-elected in 2020.I am equally disinterested in Brit politics, but Mrs. May seems like a very nice lady, hopefully she will survive her current troubles.
spot

Trump is DOOMed

Post by spot »

Mark Aspam;1510055 wrote: I am equally disinterested in Brit politics, but Mrs. May seems like a very nice lady, hopefully she will survive her current troubles.

Had she been born male and Iraqi she would have ended up running one of Saddam Hussein's torture prisons, it's in her nature.
G#Gill

Trump is DOOMed

Post by G#Gill »

spot;1510056 wrote: had she been born male and iraqi she would have ended up running one of saddam hussein's torture prisons, it's in her nature.

ouch !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Snooz

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Snooz »

spot;1510012 wrote: If I interpret the President's words correctly, trusted to behave with integrity.

So it ought, and so he should.

Are you joking? Trump wouldn't know what integrity was if it bit him on the ass. He was asking for fealty, ie "you'll do whatever I want and you'll do it now. Drop the investigation."
Mark Aspam

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Mark Aspam »

Trump flunky Jeff Sessions will be interviewed by Congress, publicly, under oath, tomorrow (June 13) afternoon. I guess you could call it the Sessions sessions.

I don't like the man's politics but I doubt that he will lie under oath, and that might be very bad for Trump. We shall see.
Clodhopper

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Clodhopper »

Sessions: Seems the guy ducked and weaved so much Ali was applauding from his grave.

So how long before Trump declares Australia a terrorist state?

Leaked audio reveals Malcolm Turnbull roasting Donald Trump over 'fake polls' and Russia - 9news.com.au

"I have this Russian guy..."

Mark Aspam

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Mark Aspam »

Clodhopper;1510209 wrote: Sessions: Seems the guy ducked and weaved so much Ali was applauding from his grave.True, but that's not lying under oath. Sessions obviously knows the difference.
tude dog

Trump is DOOMed

Post by tude dog »

Here is his loyalty test.

Donald Trump just held the weirdest Cabinet meeting ever

spot

Trump is DOOMed

Post by spot »

I've been thinking these Shakespearean comparisons in the papers have been a bit tenuous but his Richard III is just like that all the way through. I'm not sure how anyone is going to play any Shakespeare villain for the next few years without adding a touch of Trump to the portrayal.

On the other hand, protesting at Julius Caesar's assassination is really cutting no ice at all. How else is the play going to be staged, the next two hours are dictated by Caesar being dead. Where are we? No more deaths allowed in any stage play?
Clodhopper

Trump is DOOMed

Post by Clodhopper »

Mark Aspam;1510221 wrote: True, but that's not lying under oath. Sessions obviously knows the difference.

Yeah. Good to see the guy has some integrity left. But the fact he was dodging made Trump look bad, that he was doing a lot of dodging made it look worse.

tude dog

Trump is DOOMed

Post by tude dog »

spot;1510305 wrote: I've been thinking these Shakespearean comparisons in the papers have been a bit tenuous but his Richard III is just like that all the way through. I'm not sure how anyone is going to play any Shakespeare villain for the next few years without adding a touch of Trump to the portrayal.

On the other hand, protesting at Julius Caesar's assassination is really cutting no ice at all. How else is the play going to be staged, the next two hours are dictated by Caesar being dead. Where are we? No more deaths allowed in any stage play?

Another look

spot

Trump is DOOMed

Post by spot »

tude dog;1510323 wrote: Another look

Yes, that's good, no problem at all, except Hamlet has to call the skull that of Yorick. He can't say Barack. He has to use the words written in the script, it's a convention. Hamlet can draw all the parallels that can be drawn between Yorick, a jester of infinite variety, and Barack Obama, and as your mock-up photo shows the production can even leave enough skin and hair to make the skull look like the ex-President. If it adds meaning and revelation to the text then it's a stunningly good idea. Like portraying Julius Caesar as a Donald Trump clone to see how the scripted words shift their implications. Julius Caesar and Donald Trump are both leaders of Republics after all, both eager to exercise the power of office and both being thwarted by other Republicans. What the NYC cast didn't do was to use the words Donald or Trump on stage, just like Hamlet can't say Barack.

To get an audience to hear Hamlet ask "Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?" while they're thinking of Barack Obama has the potential to add to the possible range of implications each of the audience members imagines. That's what theater is, a roomful of audience members each reacting in their own minds to what they're seeing and hearing. Nothing else in the auditorium matters.

I think using a representation of a decayed skull of Barack Obama in the graveyard scene in Hamlet is worth trying. It would be even more exciting if Barack Obama and his family were invited to attend and went. I can't see him having the slightest objection to it, I actually think he'd regard it as a peculiar honor. Why not.
FourPart

Trump is DOOMed

Post by FourPart »

It's probably the most misquoted Shakesperian line, anyway. It should be "Alas, poor Yorick. I knew him, Horatio. I knew him well - a fellow of infinite jest...."

Return to “Current Events”