Sir Roger Moore, RIP

spot

Sir Roger Moore, RIP

Post by spot »

https://www.theguardian.com/film/filmbl ... role-model

I'm not sure which of his films allowed him to perform without a weapon of some sort but I can think of none. I dislike films which incorporate weapons so I'm the wrong person to ask when it comes to his film roles.

Sir Roger obviously had a sense of humor and an eye for the ridiculous which counterbalances his screen presence.

He was polite in public. I'm not aware of his ever uttering an obscenity. He learned to behave graciously. The world has lost an attraction.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Sir Roger Moore, RIP

Post by LarsMac »

Well, I enjoyed his movies. Even the James Bond films.

You summed up his career very well, IMHO

He actually very seldom used a weapon in the Bond films. While weapons were all around, he usually managed to avoid actually taking part in the destruction, himself, with the exception of the occasional well-placed pistol shot.

And I still enjoy watching the reruns from The Saint.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Sir Roger Moore, RIP

Post by Bruv »

Nicely understated Spot.

A nice guy with an animated eyebrow who made the most of his talents.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Return to “Current Events”