Britain on the Fiddle

spot

Britain on the Fiddle

Post by spot »

I can't remember seeing anything like this before.

The background seems to be that a court has slammed the behavior of both the police and the BBC production team for the handling of one program (or one police case) and it's described at https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... the-fiddle

There is, at the moment, no Wikipedia page for Britain on the Fiddle, which is obviously peculiar in itself. It's a mainstream BBC Studios production in series 2. Not having a Wikipedia page is as unlikely as Panorama not having one.

It gets odder. IMDB has no entry for the Britain on the Fiddle series either.

Richard Bilton, the presenter, has no entry on Wikipedia. That's as unlikely as Jeremy Paxman having no entry, Richard Bilton has a history in investigative journalism dating back decades.

He does have an IMDB entry but it makes no mention of his fronting Britain on the Fiddle for two series.

There's some major Internet editing going on, that's what I reckon.

Even the unidentified "BBC's digital video producer" job title never existed for the program, as far as I can tell, and the Guardian article is so coy that not a single name is given for anyone involved, not even the judge.

All very peculiar.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clodhopper

Britain on the Fiddle

Post by Clodhopper »

Ok, I'm not really awake yet but that does seem odd.

Is it possible they are involved in something so dangerous there's protection for that reason? Or is it not naming people who are part of an ongoing investigation where no-one is yet charged?
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Bruv

Britain on the Fiddle

Post by Bruv »

There are a host of programs that this may affect, where they show people in the course of committing crime etc.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Return to “Current Events”