Lionel Blue, RIP

spot

Lionel Blue, RIP

Post by spot »

Rabbi Jonathan Romain of Maidenhead synagogue said of Rabbi Blue that he was "God's best PR man in Britain".

"For several decades Lionel Blue became the indispensable Monday-morning wake-up call for millions in Britain, mixing religious insights with honesty and humour," he said.

"He never pretended that life was easy, or that religion solved everything; instead, he shared his own failings and foibles, and showed how to get through the rest of the day."

Rabbi Lionel Blue dies aged 86 - BBC News

That just about catches the flavour of his effect on millions of listeners for decades. Among those who added sparkle to Radio 4's morning broadcasts he's in the top rank. He rarely spoke for long but he was fluent, rational and friendly.

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Audio slideshow: Rabbi Lionel Blue
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Current Events”