Building his cabinet, Trump offers plenty of WTF? moments

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The most recent cabinet contender Mr T has offered up is General David Petraeus, US Army (ret.), the former CIA director who was mustered out after it was disclosed that he gave Classified documents to his Biographer and lover, apparently in exchange for "sexual favors"

An interesting choice for Secretary of State, given all the hullaballoo in Trump's camp over supposed mishandling of classified material by former Secretary of State, and Presidential contender Hillary Clinton.

His other choices for the job are Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, and Former Governor Mitt Romney.

More Mr T's cabinet choices will be reviewed here, as well. But This is probably one of the most bizarre.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1503138 wrote: The most recent cabinet contender Mr T has offered up is General David Petraeus, US Army (ret.), the former CIA director who was mustered out after it was disclosed that he gave Classified documents to his Biographer and lover, apparently in exchange for "sexual favors"

And for that he got On April 23, 2015, a federal judge sentenced Petraeus to two years probation plus a fine of $100,000. The fine was more than double the amount the Justice Department had requested.[202]

He got off easy as any recruit would have gone to the stockade for less. Too bad as he probably would have made an excellent Sec of State.

LarsMac;1503138 wrote: An interesting choice for Secretary of State, given all the hullaballoo in Trump's camp over supposed mishandling of classified material by former Secretary of State, and Presidential contender Hillary Clinton.

What the Clit did was vastly different and potentially more destructive to our national security. Nice to have an Obama get out of jail card.

LarsMac;1503138 wrote: His other choices for the job are Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani,

Rudy is overplayed. Could do worse.

LarsMac;1503138 wrote: and Former Governor Mitt Romney.

The Mitt is the best of all. My vote for him in 2008 wasn't an enthusiastic one but it was an easy choice.

LarsMac;1503138 wrote: More Mr T's cabinet choices will be reviewed here, as well. But This is probably one of the most bizarre.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ya know what, I would really like to see John Bolton Sec of State.

He would scare the crap out of the left, and do it well.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1503140 wrote: what the clit did was vastly different and potentially more destructive to our national security. Nice to have an obama get out of jail card.

How dare you refer to any woman using that word! Do you call your wife that when you get angry? You should apologize to every woman who reads this, now! What the hell is wrong with you?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

There is no reason, td you fool, for Obama to need a get out of Jail card. You sound not bitter, not angry, but STUPID.

You may as well have voted for him, like the other lunkheads. You will all be eating your own sh!t before this is over & done with. He will do nothing for you, cannot bring industry back & will continue to buy Chinese steel and produce his 'goods' overseas. Get ready to swallow.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1503142 wrote: How dare you refer to any woman using that word! Do you call your wife that when you get angry? You should apologize to every woman who reads this, now! What the hell is wrong with you?

I knew and meant to be offensive. It was crude and I could have done better.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1503143 wrote: There is no reason, td you fool, for Obama to need a get out of Jail card. You sound not bitter, not angry, but STUPID.

Yea, corruption at the top does make me angry.

AnneBoleyn;1503143 wrote: You may as well have voted for him, like the other lunkheads. You will all be eating your own sh!t before this is over & done with. He will do nothing for you, cannot bring industry back & will continue to buy Chinese steel and produce his 'goods' overseas. Get ready to swallow.

We'll see.

As always, even with Obama, I hope is for America.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Andy Borowitz will help one keep this all in perspective:

Borowitz report -- trump to create jobs for unskilled white males
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Of course, the president's cabinet is a reflection of the president's policies and personality. Those who didn't vote for the person would probably characterize his or her choices to fill positions as "wtf moments".

Cabinet positions are nothing more than people who present policy preferences and negotiate on behalf of the president with congress and the various lobbying groups and citizen representatives. It doesn't mean they are going to get about forcing their will on the country, albeit, the positions do carry significant weight.

The media is critical in properly informing the rest of us of the negotiations and dynamics involved. Unfortunately, the current state of our media is profit-based corporations and vested in the outcome of political policy that we scarcely get any unbiased and unfiltered information from them. That includes FOX; MSNBC; CNN; ABC; CBS; NBC as well as a long list of satellite media outlets masquerading as independent internet news sites and blogs. Good ones are out there, just not as easy to spot due to funding restrictions.

I am glad to see Trump pulling out of congress some of the less informed, less sophisticated members to serve for him. The damage they'll inflict is less in that capacity. All they care about is getting their names and photos in history books anyway.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1503142 wrote: How dare you refer to any woman using that word! Do you call your wife that when you get angry? You should apologize to every woman who reads this, now! What the hell is wrong with you?

Did you report the post?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1503145 wrote: I knew and meant to be offensive. It was crude and I could have done better.

That's not an apology. Do better now.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1503159 wrote: That's not an apology. Do better now.

All I can say is that I had to look up that word to find out what the fuss is all about.

It is the first four letters of her name, and you will not see an apology from me. I also referred to Donald Trump as the "Trumphole".
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

tude dog;1503175 wrote: All I can say is that I had to look up that word to find out what the fuss is all about.

It is the first four letters of her name, ...

Not exactly. Nice try, though.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

So the latest:

Rudy Giuliani is now on the shortlist for Director of National Intelligence.

Am I the only one to see the irony in THAT?

Giuliani is also on the list for Director of Homeland Security, along with former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, and Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, Jr.

Sarah Palin is reported to be under consideration fo the VA Secretary.

NY Times - The latest on Trump Cabinet picks
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1503175 wrote: All I can say is that I had to look up that word to find out what the fuss is all about.

It is the first four letters of her name, and you will not see an apology from me. I also referred to Donald Trump as the "Trumphole".

You can't even spell. C-L-I-N. Dimwit.

Forget the apology. It wasn't for me, personally, anyway. I won't waste my time explaining the difference between what you said and Trumphole. Massive difference. Your head is too thick to understand, and you are too stubborn to learn.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

A WTF moment....

President-elect Donald Trump picked one of America's top climate change deniers, Myron Ebell, to lead his Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) transition team

Another....

One of Donald Trump’s strongest supporters on the religious right, however, was Jerry Falwell, the President of Liberty University and the son of Jerry Falwell, a celebrated Southern Baptist pastor.

Now Mr Trump is reportedly considering appointing Mr Falwell to head the Department of Education, or at least offer him a position within the department, despite his teaching of so-called creationism to his students.

Donald Trump meets with creationist Jerry Falwell Jr about possibly becoming next Secretary of Education | The Independent
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Snowfire;1503208 wrote: A WTF moment....

Another....

Donald Trump meets with creationist Jerry Falwell Jr about possibly becoming next Secretary of Education | The Independent

Both of those scare me
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Things are gonna get messy, that's for sure.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1503191 wrote: Not exactly. Nice try, though.

OK.

I misspelled Clinton. So I don't spell well.

Ya know the saying "say what you want about me but spell my name right".

Ann once complained my misspelling Barack in that I would spell it, Barak.

So spelling isn't my strong point. Ain't like I am trying to get away with anything with all the scholars reading my posts.

I knew when I wrote Clit it had a suggestion, didn't know it was in the dictionary.

So from now on she will be known as "The CliNt" so not to cause any more trauma.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1503204 wrote: So the latest:

I don't.

LarsMac;1503204 wrote: [Giuliani is also on the list for Director of Homeland Security,

Seems Trump wants him somewhere. He'd be good in Homeland Security.

LarsMac;1503204 wrote: along with former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, and Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, Jr.

I use to really like Sheriff Joe Arpaio until he became full of himself and seems to have some legal problems of his own.

Sheriff David Clarke, I see him on FOX news. I like what he says but not sure that he is qualified for Homeland Security.

LarsMac;1503204 wrote: Sarah Palin is reported to be under consideration fo the VA Secretary.

I am no fan of Sara, but that would be where she cause the least damage.

Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

LarsMac;1503204 wrote: So the latest:

Giuliani is also on the list for Director of Homeland Security, along with former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, and Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, Jr.

Sarah Palin is reported to be under consideration fo the VA Secretary.

Scary indeed.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1503211 wrote:

Ann once complained my misspelling Barack in that I would spell it, Barak.

I knew when I wrote Clit it had a suggestion, didn't know it was in the dictionary.

So from now on she will be known as "The CliNt" so not to cause any more trauma.

To quote Ralph Kramden: "You're a Riot, TD, a Regular Riot"

Anne

Hard to believe a grown man doesn't know that word, or it's connotation. Hard.

Don't flatter yourself, you didn't cause trauma, you caused repulsion that you would generalize or singularize women with that word. It's wrong.

"One of these days... One of these days...POW! Right in the kisser!

Bang, zoom! To the moon, TD!

YOU ARE A BLABBERMOUTH! A BLAAAAAAAAAAABBERMOUTH!!

You've got a BIG MOUTH!!

Baby, you're NOT the Greatest"
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1503226 wrote: To quote Ralph Kramden: "You're a Riot, TD, a Regular Riot"

Anne

Hard to believe a grown man doesn't know that word, or it's connotation.

I did think of that but went with it anyway.

AnneBoleyn;1503226 wrote: Don't flatter yourself, you didn't cause trauma, you caused repulsion that you would generalize or singularize women with that word. It's wrong.

If you say so.

AnneBoleyn;1503226 wrote: "One of these days... One of these days...POW! Right in the kisser!

Bang, zoom! To the moon, TD!

YOU ARE A BLABBERMOUTH! A BLAAAAAAAAAAABBERMOUTH!!

You've got a BIG MOUTH!!

Baby, you're NOT the Greatest"

I am a big fan of The Honeymooners

I've always related to Ed Norton who worked in the sewers. Ya know a guy who does what it takes to earn a decent living.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

MAD DOG MATTIS

President-elect Donald Trump Names Gen. James Mattis as Pick for Defense Secretary

WSJ

Works for me.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Although Giuliani has allowed himself to become something of a clown in order to remain relevant politically, there was a time when the guy was a powerhouse of law enforcement. i don't know how long Anne has been in New York, but I recall in the eighties how Giuliani took down a huge segment of organized crime as NY AG. Then as Mayor of NY he was actually quite popular. His legacy forced Bloomberg to be tougher than he wanted to be when he took over the job.

What worries me is that the war on drugs will escalate with a Giuliani and that's a bad thing IMO. Clinton and Obama both had opportunities to reschedule marijuana and both passed on it. I heard Clinton recently say that he thought marijuana should be legal. Hypocrite of hypocrites - the man has no shame.

I like Mike Flynn as national security adviser.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso:

"His legacy forced Bloomberg to be tougher than he wanted to be when he took over the job."

Wrong. Michael Bloomberg is his own man & no one can force him to be anything other than himself.
Guppers

Post by Guppers »

I voted for Trump! I'll be happy with whoever he picks as his cabinet. Our country is so divided! I'm of the old school mentality. Pledge to the flag. Federal government out of schools. Build up and put pride back in our military. Repeal and replace obamacare! Build that wall!!!
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

ugh
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Guppers;1503322 wrote: I voted for Trump! I'll be happy with whoever he picks as his cabinet. Our country is so divided! I'm of the old school mentality. Pledge to the flag. Federal government out of schools. Build up and put pride back in our military. Repeal and replace obamacare! Build that wall!!!

I didn't vote for the Trumphole, but when I woke up after election day I was relieved that the CliNt was defeated.

I still have questions about him, but so far so good.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I never got to see the word in the first place. It was ****'ed out. If the argument hadn't come up I wouldn't have thought any more of it.

"What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet".

(Shakespeare)
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FourPart;1503501 wrote: I never got to see the word in the first place. It was ****'ed out. If the argument hadn't come up I wouldn't have thought any more of it.

"What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet".

(Shakespeare)

I retrospectively added it to the censored list. It's not a word that should ever be used, in the garden or anywhere else IMHO and I hadn't imagined that anyone would do so.
spot

Post by spot »

We've both been in there adding words this week then.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bryn Mawr;1503508 wrote: I retrospectively added it to the censored list. It's not a word that should ever be used, in the garden or anywhere else IMHO and I hadn't imagined that anyone would do so.

May I say, Tude Dog should be discouraged from using CliNt instead, as we all know what he means. This is not an Official Complaint, I don't do that.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The latest bit of "WTF?"

James Comey will stay on

James Comey staying on as FBI director - CNNPolitics.com

Nothing suspicious there at all.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

LarsMac;1505808 wrote: The latest bit of "WTF?"

James Comey will stay on

James Comey staying on as FBI director - CNNPolitics.com

Nothing suspicious there at all.

Nope. Nothing suspicious there. unh huh.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, the latest development in the building of Trump's cabinet,

Betsy Devos, arguably the least qualified person ever considered for the role of Secretary of Education, has been confirmed by the Vice President of the United States of America.

After two Republican Senators defected from the ranks, and voted with the Democrats and Independent Senators to deny her appointment, the resulting tie was broken by a vote in favor from the VP.

NY Times - Betsy DeVos confirmed
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

If Trump has not asked Devos to do for my schools what you'd do for yours and has instead given her permission to raid the system, then let her have at it. The school system could use a complete do-over anyway since it only really caters to a small number of the kids that are run through it.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

This is great news. I like the concept of actually having somebody who promotes constructive reforms.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Her appointment is good news for for-profit schools that don't want much accountability and religious schools with lower academic standards. It is bad news for everyone else.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Wandrin;1506453 wrote: Her appointment is good news for for-profit schools that don't want much accountability and religious schools with lower academic standards. It is bad news for everyone else.

My understanding is most if not all states require minimum standards.

Government schools are not a guarantee of quality education. It just isn't private v public schools, but innovation like Charter Schools, vouchers.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

With "Common Core" so completely wrapped around its own axle, and Betsy pushing private schools, vouchers, and Home schooling, I think we could see the collapse of the education of America.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1506460 wrote: With "Common Core" so completely wrapped around its own axle, and Betsy pushing private schools, vouchers, and Home schooling, I think we could see the collapse of the education of America.

So be it. We've had our run to the sun. Maybe it's time to pack up & pack it in. Truthfully, as long as my son & his family survive I'd be smart for myself to no longer giving a phuk. :-5 Enough is enough already.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1506460 wrote: With "Common Core" so completely wrapped around its own axle, and Betsy pushing private schools, vouchers, and Home schooling, I think we could see the collapse of the education of America.

Choice, such a horrible concept.

How many people with means send their children to government schools? Certainly, no high government official does.

So who losses by choice?

photo host
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1506484 wrote: Choice, such a horrible concept.

How many people with means send their children to government schools? Certainly, no high government official does.

So who losses by choice?

They send their kids to superior private schools, not the crappy ones that the poor unwashed will send their kids to. The best thing the rest of us can have are good public schools, not schools where the sciences & maths won't be covered well, high standard public schools are the best for the rest.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

anneboleyn;1506507 wrote: they send their kids to superior private schools, not the crappy ones that the poor unwashed will send their kids to. The best thing the rest of us can have are good public schools, not schools where the sciences & maths won't be covered well, high standard public schools are the best for the rest.

goverment knows best?

I don't understand how anybody could think all government schools are equal and offer a quality level of service.

I find it incredulous that anybody would be denied the opportunity to move their children to a better school.

Not just private schools, but Charter or Magnet schools. Options, choice.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Charter & magnet schools are allowed to pick & choose which students will up their scores. Just because a parent may want such a school for their kid is absolutely no guarantee the child will be allowed entry. Given that, they should end up in a high standard public school. Where else should they go if refused? A low standard public school whose budget was raped & given to the Charters & Magnets? Face it, the overwhelming majority of students DO go to public schools so it must be ensured the public school is up to the challenge.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Exactly. Having access does not mean you will get that education. It just means it's there, and you can go knock on the door.

I have access to the University of Colorado. I can go to the campus and wander about. But they probably won't give me an education unless I can afford the tuition.

And even then, only if they have a seat in class, and want someone with my lack of certified credentials.

And, yes, the Charter Schools are there. The problem is that DeVos and company want to take the public school funds and spend them on the Charters and such.

Not entirely against the idea. Just don't see paying for full tuition at a charter from public school funds.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1506509 wrote:

I don't understand how anybody could think all government schools are equal and offer a quality level of service.

I find it incredulous that anybody would be denied the opportunity to move their children to a better school.

Even if evidence shows differently ?

Decent Government should prioritize education and health for all it's citizens as an investment.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Has her conflict of interest been mentioned? Not that that seems to be an issue with this administration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/gra ... 08b9b93e8b
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1506533 wrote: Charter & magnet schools are allowed to pick & choose which students will up their scores. Just because a parent may want such a school for their kid is absolutely no guarantee the child will be allowed entry. Given that, they should end up in a high standard public school. Where else should they go if refused? A low standard public school whose budget was raped & given to the Charters & Magnets? Face it, the overwhelming majority of students DO go to public schools so it must be ensured the public school is up to the challenge.

The high school I graduated from, long before there was the concept of charter schools was a great school. I just wish I could have spent my full high school three years there. Today it is a charter school.

The first year and a half were spent at a high school which offered extracurricular activities including intimidation, larceny, and race riots. At least the administration realized that and we had periodic "can't we all get along" lectures. Today that is not a charter school.

Those schools are about 6 miles apart. Both schools financed by the same school district.

Parents don't give a crap, why should their children?

California Charter School Association

Los Angeles Unified School District

Return to “Current Events”