Batley and Spen

Momus

Batley and Spen

Post by Momus »

Just a quick one while i am still here, as this subject is something we want feedback on.

God forbid, we ever see another By Election brought about in these circumstances, but i was in Batley and Spen, Yorkshire. I was helping one of the candidates ( not BNP ), as it happens but also to get feedback from the residents for a new nationalist news channel.

As the British members will be aware, there was a massive controversy over this election and the rows still go on.

When i arrived, i found a lovely town of Batley with typical big hearted Yorkshire folk and my job was to speak to as many as possible to get their views on how they felt about the amount of Far Right activists descending upon their little town, the like of which, they had never seen before.

I gave a speech Saturday about my findings there, but the arguments still rage between parties.

So, please be honest, how do you see the election ?

Should it have been contested?

Should Tracy Brabin been elected by default?

Was it democracy ?
Snowfire

Batley and Spen

Post by Snowfire »

Well there was no doubt about the result, even with a low turnout. The peripheral parties ended up being just that, on the fringes without making too much impact, whereas the may have expected to do much better without the usual suspects vying for the "each way" places.

It makes me wonder whether there is the stomach for far right policies. I still think amongst any respectable ideas that they may have, there are those, whether members or just supporters, who still employ the divisive narrative that, for me, makes far right politics so unpalatable. Judging by election results, maybe the majority of voters think likewise.

By-election 2016: Batley and Spen[26][27]

Party Candidate Votes % ±

Labour Tracy Brabin 17,506 85.8 +42.6

English Democrats Therese Hirst 969 4.8 N/A

BNP David Furness 548 2.7 N/A

Independent Garry Kitchin 517 2.5 N/A

English Independence Corbyn Anti 241 1.2 N/A

Liberty GB Jack Buckby 220 1.1 N/A

Independent Henry Mayhew 153 0.8 N/A

Independent Waqas Ali Khan 118 0.6 N/A

National Front Richard Edmonds 87 0.4 N/A

One Love Party Ankit Love 34 0.2 N/A

Majority 16,537 81.0 +69.0

Turnout 20,393 25.8 -38.6

Labour hold Swing N/A
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Patsy Warnick

Batley and Spen

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Your last thread was closed & why are you still lingering around ?

Patsy
Snowfire

Batley and Spen

Post by Snowfire »

Patsy Warnick;1502241 wrote: Your last thread was closed & why are you still lingering around ?

Patsy

Patsy, at this moment, Momus has not been excluded from FG. Until that happens there is a discussion to be had and we can engage or ignore as we choose

Winston Churchill
Momus

Batley and Spen

Post by Momus »

Snowfire;1502240 wrote: Well there was no doubt about the result, even with a low turnout. The peripheral parties ended up being just that, on the fringes without making too much impact, whereas the may have expected to do much better without the usual suspects vying for the "each way" places.

It makes me wonder whether there is the stomach for far right policies. I still think amongst any respectable ideas that they may have, there are those, whether members or just supporters, who still employ the divisive narrative that, for me, makes far right politics so unpalatable. Judging by election results, maybe the majority of voters think likewise.

By-election 2016: Batley and Spen[26][27]

Party Candidate Votes % ±

Labour Tracy Brabin 17,506 85.8 +42.6

English Democrats Therese Hirst 969 4.8 N/A

BNP David Furness 548 2.7 N/A

Independent Garry Kitchin 517 2.5 N/A

English Independence Corbyn Anti 241 1.2 N/A

Liberty GB Jack Buckby 220 1.1 N/A

Independent Henry Mayhew 153 0.8 N/A

Independent Waqas Ali Khan 118 0.6 N/A

National Front Richard Edmonds 87 0.4 N/A

One Love Party Ankit Love 34 0.2 N/A

Majority 16,537 81.0 +69.0

Turnout 20,393 25.8 -38.6

Labour hold Swing N/A

Thanks Snowfire... I am out for the rest of the day now. Back later tonight.

There are so many angles to this election other than should it have been contested. Most people don't realise the differences between all those candidates from the far right and what was really going on behind the scenes. It wasn't pretty. Yet, it spoke volumes on the future of the far right in politics today. I'll give you the low down but i would really like to see what Fourpart and Bruv and gmc also made of, what turned into a farce. Witnessed and filmed by my own eyes.
Patsy Warnick

Batley and Spen

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Snow

Not sure why you replied to a question applied to No Name.

No Name has been banned so why is she here?

She stated she is so busy & FG is boring & not a busy active Hub so why is she here?

She stated a experiment - B.S.. and why is she still here?

FG either has rules or it doesn't.

And I have every right to ask.

Next arrival will be Snooze her back up - I miss her like a wart.

So, Ms Busy No Name - why are you still here?

Do you plan on staying as a contributing member?

Has your friends Spot & Betty Boop & etc. approved your stay?

Why are you here?

Patsy
Snooz

Batley and Spen

Post by Snooz »

Thought I'd pop back in too even though I have nothing to add. Hello! *waves*
Snowfire

Batley and Spen

Post by Snowfire »

Snooz;1502249 wrote: Thought I'd pop back in too even though I have nothing to add. Hello! *waves*

Hello wart

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Batley and Spen

Post by Snowfire »

Patsy Warnick;1502246 wrote: Snow

Not sure why you replied to a question applied to No Name.

No Name has been banned so why is she here?

She stated she is so busy & FG is boring & not a busy active Hub so why is she here?

She stated a experiment - B.S.. and why is she still here?

FG either has rules or it doesn't.

And I have every right to ask.

Next arrival will be Snooze her back up - I miss her like a wart.

So, Ms Busy No Name - why are you still here?

Do you plan on staying as a contributing member?

Has your friends Spot & Betty Boop & etc. approved your stay?

Why are you here?

Patsy

I can respond to any post within a thread. Like I said, Oscar is banned and at this moment, Momus is not. We can respond or ignore as we choose

Winston Churchill
Snooz

Batley and Spen

Post by Snooz »

One of the best inventions of the past decade.

Attached files
Snooz

Batley and Spen

Post by Snooz »

Snowfire;1502250 wrote: Hello wart

That's anal wart to you, thank you very much.
spot

Batley and Spen

Post by spot »

Bite, Snoozer. See him off.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Batley and Spen

Post by Bruv »

Momus;1502239 wrote:

So, please be honest, how do you see the election ?

Should it have been contested?

Should Tracy Brabin been elected by default?

Was it democracy ?

If the MP dies there should be an election.

Looks like Tracy Brabin was the choice of the electorate to replace Jo Cox.

Looks like the electorate democratically made their point loud and clear despite the ****e hawk right wing trying to milk it for all it's worth.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

Batley and Spen

Post by FourPart »

As for my opinion - why should I hold any specific opinion? The result was decisive. The safe majority was a foregone conclusion. The only opposition that would have stood any chance of contending the seat chose not to do so as a mark of respect due to the circumstances (for which they, too, must be respected). The Far Right parties chose not to show any such respect - which is hardly surprising for such low life that are devoid of honour. Furthermore, as any candidate has to attain 5% of the overall vote in order to regain their deposit, not surprisingly, each & every one of the contending parties lost theirs.

I consider it as being the right & just outcome which was clearly supported across the most of political spectrum - apart from those whose loyalties are more towards the Swastika than the Union Flag.
FourPart

Batley and Spen

Post by FourPart »

Incidentally, I made my previous post before seeing 'farewell' post. You may recall that when you first started posting here as Momus I likened you then to a 'previous FG facist member - who shall remain nameless'. It didn't take much to guess it was either the same person or someone of a very similar persuasion. Furthermore, in all of my posts I remained civil - if heated, and even then it was only when it came to the political side of things. In fact you may even recall (if you were even aware) that I previously expressed that you were capable of making some excellent posts when on subject matters other than politics. I have always made it clear that everyone has a right to their own political beliefs, no matter how odious I may find them, as am I entitled to mine. My views have not changed. Nor has my manner of response when those views are challenged - but they will, at all times, remain civil.

Personally I would have no objection on the ban being lifted if discussions were made in such a manner. I have never had any problems in arguing a case in a civilised manner. However, I also recognise that it is not my place to question the actions of the Administrators. I'm sure they have their reasons for what they do, and I respect that.

Return to “Current Events”