Oh yes

spot

Oh yes

Post by spot »

Melania Trump sues the Daily Mail for $150m over 'lies' about her past

Definitely. Go for it Melania, change your pitch up, smack those bitches.

That's quite made my day. I may put her poster on my wall.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Oh yes

Post by Bruv »

I may put her poster on my wall.

Any excuse a ?

Bit too tarty for me...................but each to his own.

So now reporting allegations is litigious ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Oh yes

Post by spot »

Bruv;1500664 wrote: So now reporting allegations is litigious ?

If a newspaper's reporting of an allegation without making sure it's true were a defence against wrecking someone's reputation, then any newspaper could simply arrange a straw-figure front with no money to make up the dross first and then be isolated from the consequences. By all means the paper can say rumours abound which might interfere with the election, but if they repeat what the rumours are and the rumours are in fact both false and defamatory then I reckon they can be very properly chastised by a court. And, of course, it depends on which country you bring your suit, different countries have different rules.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Oh yes

Post by Bruv »

And it matters how much money the libeled person has to splash ?
spot

Oh yes

Post by spot »

It does in England and Wales since legal aid isn't an option in libel cases, and there's something odd about applying for the other side to pay your costs if you win - I think you can't. There may even be a prohibition on no-win-no-fee, I'm not sure.

In the US it matters how much you have to splash regardless of the subject under discussion, libel, churchgoing, you name it.
Bruv

Oh yes

Post by Bruv »

So....................."I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.".................................should have an additional bit about the price you will have to pay.
spot

Oh yes

Post by spot »

If one is born American one really has no option, the disadvantage lasts a lifetime.

That dreadful Albanian woman is being canonised tomorrow too, she did much the same to Calcutta.
Bruv

Oh yes

Post by Bruv »

spot;1500703 wrote: If one is born American one really has no option, the disadvantage lasts a lifetime.

That dreadful Albanian woman is being canonised tomorrow too, she did much the same to Calcutta.

Talk about random.........you have it in Spades.
FourPart

Oh yes

Post by FourPart »

It seems the favoured way to get around such cases is either to include the word "Alleged", or to include a couple of lines disclaimer at the foot of the article. Whenever you find any such politically biased article, you should always scroll to the bottom & read the final phrase first to see what the REAL story is about.

Return to “Current Events”