Munich shootings

minks

Munich shootings

Post by minks »

Munich shooting: Police say nine dead as manhunt continues - BBC News

Look at this entire article, this is exactly what is wrong with society, yes I am guilty for reposting this news.

What irks me the most is the bottom,

This person soliciting stories from witnesses?

"Are you in the area? Did you witness the shooting? You can email haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk with your experiences."

This is where society is killing it's self. My goodness media stop the madness, stop stop stop posting the grim details of these killers this is what they want, this is how they roll, they want to go down in infamy, have their 5 minutes of fame they have no regard for human life, not even their own.

I used to not read the news and felt happier I think it's time I quit again.

I understand social media is helping today in Munich as police are telling people to stay off the streets as the manhunt for the shooters continues and people are using twitter to tell people their can come into their homes for safety.

But to solicit witness stories from such a tragedy OMG
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bruv

Munich shootings

Post by Bruv »

Looks like it might be a protest from the far right....................gawd help us all !!!

No apparent link with Islamic terror.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Munich shootings

Post by LarsMac »

minks;1498936 wrote: Munich shooting: Police say nine dead as manhunt continues - BBC News

Look at this entire article, this is exactly what is wrong with society, yes I am guilty for reposting this news.

What irks me the most is the bottom,

This person soliciting stories from witnesses?

"Are you in the area? Did you witness the shooting? You can email haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk with your experiences."

This is where society is killing it's self. My goodness media stop the madness, stop stop stop posting the grim details of these killers this is what they want, this is how they roll, they want to go down in infamy, have their 5 minutes of fame they have no regard for human life, not even their own.

I used to not read the news and felt happier I think it's time I quit again.

I understand social media is helping today in Munich as police are telling people to stay off the streets as the manhunt for the shooters continues and people are using twitter to tell people their can come into their homes for safety.

But to solicit witness stories from such a tragedy OMG

The BBC always has that solicitation for first hand witnesses at the end of such articles. I always wonder how many hits they get from these things.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Munich shootings

Post by tude dog »

If this had happened in the USA I think we all can predict the reaction. I am curious about the reaction in Germany/Europe.

Munich Gunman Had Interest in Mass Shootings, No Apparent Islamic State Ties

The gunman who killed nine people in a shooting spree in Munich on Friday was a high-school student born and raised in the city who was believed to have been in psychiatric care and had taken an intense interest in mass shootings, officials said Saturday.

The gunman was identified by an official as Ali David Sonboly, an 18-year-old German-Iranian dual citizen.

While officials initially feared terrorism as the shooting unfolded, investigators found no clues pointing to a link to Islamic State or another terror group.

Instead, officials racing to pin down Sonboly’s motivations on Saturday found the shooter had taken a deep interest in gun violence and was apparently being treated for depression. They suggested that Friday’s fifth anniversary of a massacre in Norway could have motivated the attack. As in the Norway massacre, Sonboly may have targeted young people: Of the nine dead victims, seven were teenagers, including three 14-year-olds.

Among the documents recovered from Sonboly’s bedroom? was a German-language version of the book “Why Kids Kill: Inside the Minds of School Shooters,” according to Robert Heimberger, the head of the state criminal investigations agency.

Wall Street Journal

Why not throw this in for good measure?

Germany has some of the world’s strictest gun laws, but illegal weapons remain a threat

BERLIN — Germany has some of the world's strictest gun laws. But that did not stop Friday's Munich attacker — an 18-year old dual Iranian-German national — from carrying out his shooting spree.

The assailant most likely obtained his pistol illegally and did not have a license, German police officials said Saturday. That development could have worrisome implications for a country that has already exhausted most legal means to prevent such shooting sprees.

"Germany has a good system of legal gun ownership, but illegal firearms pose a big problem," said Nils Duquet, a weapons expert in Belgium who works for the Flemish Peace Institute. According to Duquet, there are millions of illegal weapons in Europe, but he said it is impossible to know exactly how many.

Following two horrifying school shootings in 2002 and 2009, German lawmakers passed stricter gun legislation that made it harder to legally obtain weapons. Buyers younger than 25 must now pass a psychological exam before being able to acquire firearms in Germany. Shooting incidents significantly dropped as a consequence.

Washington Post

When somebdoy figures out an answer to that kind of violence, please pass it on.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
tude dog

Munich shootings

Post by tude dog »

Seems Germany can't get a break.

Germany blast: Ansbach bar explosion 'leaves one dead'

There are conflicting reports about the cause, although the city's mayor is quoted as saying it was an "explosive device".

Police have sealed off the area around Eugene's Wine Bar, the Nordbayern.de news website reported.

Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann is on his way to the scene.

The incident comes amid tension following other bloody events in the German state of Bavaria over the past week.

A shooting rampage in Munich on Friday left nine dead while an axe attack on a train a week ago in Wuerzburg injured several people.

The interior ministry said that the explosion appeared to have been intentional, contradicting initial reports that suggested it might have been a gas explosion.

About 2,000 people have been evacuated from a nearby open-air music festival, the ministry added.

Ansbach Mayor Carda Seidel told journalists that the explosion was caused by an explosive device, Nordbayern.de said (in German).

BBC
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
minks

Munich shootings

Post by minks »

I rest my case:

Below is a quote and link regarding the Munich gunning down of innocent people.....

Lord help us all the media is spoon feeding these feeble minded, unstable, glory seeker's ideas every darn day. (again I accept being a hypocrite for regurgitating media drivel I am merely trying to make a point.)

"The gunman was also evidently inspired by Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik, and likely deliberately staged the shooting on the fifth anniversary of Breivik's massacre of 77 people, Heimberger said."

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/munich-gunman ... 07884.html
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Current Events”