Would Tony Blair be prosecuted?

katsung47

Post by katsung47 »

The Iraq war inquiry has left the door open for Tony Blair to be prosecuted

Joshua Rozenberg

6 July 2016

Sir John Chilcot’s inquiry has not, in his words, “expressed a view on whether military action [in Iraq] was legal”. That question, he said, could be resolved only by a court. Still less does his report deal with the question of whether Tony Blair or others should face legal action.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -prosecute

It took 13 years.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I sincerely hope that both Blair (we call him Bliar) and Ex President W. Bush will be dragged before the courts as war criminals.

Despite the thousands of thousands of protesters against going to war in Iraq (both my husband and my son were amongst those protesters ), and despite London being brought to a standstill because most of the streets in the centre of London were wall to wall protesting people, Bliar did not listen, and did not care ! W. Bush who was visiting Bliar at No.10 at the time, apparently remarked (on hearing the masses shouting slogans and passing nearby No.10,) that it was interesting to hear that the British public could still protest ! So the masses could be heard inside No.10, but Bliar still would not listen. No nobody listens or takes any notice of what the people want, except if there is violence involved ! :-5
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Return to “Current Events”