Clinton Skates

tude dog

Clinton Skates

Post by tude dog »

This is incredible.

FBI recommends no charges in Clinton email probe

Comey: Clinton and staff were ‘extremely careless’

The announcement means that Clinton will not have to fear criminal, legal liability as her campaign moves forward, though FBI Director James Comey leveled sharp criticism at the past email practices of the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

Washington Post

I listened to the announcement and was dumbfounded after the way he slammed her then to come up with his recommendation made me wonder if he thought to give the Trumphole the election was enough punishment for her.

Of course, that kind of decision is not up to him.

From what I read so far, this is going to be big time fun watching.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Mark Aspam

Clinton Skates

Post by Mark Aspam »

tude dog;1498286 wrote: This is incredible.

The announcement means that Clinton will not have to fear criminal, legal liability as her campaign moves forward, though FBI Director James Comey leveled sharp criticism at the past email practices of the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

Washington Post

I listened to the announcement and was dumbfounded after the way he slammed her then to come up with his recommendation made me wonder if he thought to give the Trumphole the election was enough punishment for her.

From what I read so far, this is going to be big time fun watching.Well, she WAS careless, and Comey was perfectly entitled to say that having examined the facts of the case, and she will admit that I'm sure, if she hasn't already. It doesn't seem, however, that any real harm was done.

Donald Trump makes an ass of himself, and reduces his own electability, almost every time he opens his mouth. Has he ever apologized for one of his frequent faux pas, or deliberate lies? Not that I'm aware of.
Wandrin

Clinton Skates

Post by Wandrin »

Maybe now, after all of the congressional hearings, state department investigation, and the FBI investigation, the press could actually mention some of the issues she mentions in her speeches, rather than just speculating about criminal charges.
LarsMac

Clinton Skates

Post by LarsMac »

tude dog;1498286 wrote: This is incredible.

Washington Post

From what I read so far, this is going to be big time fun watching.

Actually, the AG Office still has the option of pursuing charges.

But her actions were not criminal in the opinion of the FBI investigation team.

And they said that she was careless and exhibited bad judgement. If that becomes a crime, we will need to build a lot more jails.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Clinton Skates

Post by tude dog »

Mark Aspam;1498288 wrote: Well, she WAS careless,

From what I read and my experience what she did was a crime, punishable by law.

[QUOTE=Mark Aspam;1498288]and Comey was perfectly entitled to say that having examined the facts of the case

He is paid to examine the facts. Beyond that what he has to say is commentary.

Mark Aspam;1498288 wrote: and she will admit that I'm sure, if she hasn't already. It doesn't seem, however, that any real harm was done.

Maybe you know something I don't know, but last I heard is the usual denial.

Mark Aspam;1498288 wrote: Donald Trump makes an ass of himself, and reduces his own electability, almost every time he opens his mouth.

Who gives the Trumphiole any credibility?

Mark Aspam;1498288 wrote: Has he ever apologized for one of his frequent faux pas, or deliberate lies? Not that I'm aware of.

First of all, I tire of apologies, you will never get one from Trumphole. That is him, a reckless individual unconnected with his own words.
tude dog

Clinton Skates

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1498297 wrote: Actually, the AG Office still has the option of pursuing charges.

I did mention

his recommendation made me wonder if he thought to give the Trumphole the election was enough punishment for her.

LarsMac;1498297 wrote: But her actions were not criminal in the opinion of the FBI investigation team.

He never said that. What he said was

Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.

That is a poilitical statement unworthy of the director of the FBI.

LarsMac;1498297 wrote: And they said that she was careless and exhibited bad judgement. If that becomes a crime, we will need to build a lot more jails.

Do I need to start listing all the ways irresponsible, reckless behaviour can land one behind the 8 ball?
LarsMac

Clinton Skates

Post by LarsMac »

Irresponsible, perhaps. Reckless? well, maybe. Criminal? not likely. If the FBI had found proof of criminal activity, they would have handed the evidence over to the AG's office. That is kinda how it works.

It really is that simple.

And then they would have been required to review the email activity of Rice and Powell, to see if they also were guilty of mishandling email.

So, no criminal activity over the email, no criminal activity over Benghazi.

Can we move on now?
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Clinton Skates

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1498321 wrote: Irresponsible, perhaps. Reckless? well, maybe. Criminal? not likely. If the FBI had found proof of criminal activity, they would have handed the evidence over to the AG's office. That is kinda how it works.

It really is that simple.

I don't need a weatherman to tell me which way the wind blows. After stating she violated the law in so many ways he opined "Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case."

That is fascinating since he just finished detailing many of the violations she committed.

LarsMac;1498321 wrote: And then they would have been required to review the email activity of Rice and Powell, to see if they also were guilty of mishandling email.

I dunno about that, but if so, do it.

LarsMac;1498321 wrote: So, no criminal activity over the email,

If you say so.

LarsMac;1498321 wrote: no criminal activity over Benghazi.

Who said there was criminal activity over Benghazi? Do you really want to open that can of worms?

LarsMac;1498321 wrote: Can we move on now?

Do what you want.
LarsMac

Clinton Skates

Post by LarsMac »

I reckon that you have now seen the State Department's correction of the FBI on the subject of classified info in the E-mails.

The FBI was incorrect. There was no information in any email messages that was classified at the time Clinton sent them.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Clinton Skates

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1498348 wrote: I reckon that you have now seen the State Department's correction of the FBI on the subject of classified info in the E-mails.

The FBI was incorrect. There was no information in any email messages that was classified at the time Clinton sent them.

Uh, do you mean this?

Correcting the Record (Again): Hillary Clinton’s Handling of State Department Emails

Naw, not until you brought it up. I was listening to FBI Director James Comey testify yesterday before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Didn't listen to all the near 5 hours, but as of now haven't heard any mention of it of what you speak.

All in all, it isn't just a matter of what classified materials were released, but her willful neglect of proper protocol.

When in the Army I spent two and a half years in Germany. My duties in communications and security required handling classified information every day. It is incredible to me that I could expect to get away with the kind of actions performed by her Highness Queen Anointed Hillary.
tude dog

Clinton Skates

Post by tude dog »

We already know Hillary can't be trusted to protect classified information, so why not ?

Paul Ryan asks Clapper to remove Clinton's security clearance to classified briefings

House Speaker Paul Ryan has formally asked the Director of National Intelligence James Clapper to remove Hillary Clinton's security clearance and prevent her from receiving classified intelligence briefings presidential nominees get on national security.

Of course, it won't happen. She is Super Woman.

Here is an interesting concept,

Gregg Jarrett: Could Hillary serve as president if her security clearance is revoked?

The president of the United States is the quintessential keeper of the nation’s top secrets. He or she must have constant access to the most sensitive and classified information gathered by the country’s intelligence resources in order to carry out the primary duty of any president: To protect the nation.

But what if the government determines that the new president is untrustworthy and, therefore, unsuitable to safeguard the nation’s most closely guarded secrets?

As much I would like to give Hillary and her comrades that dope slap, the courts are gutless and would not allow that.

Return to “Current Events”