Jo Cox shot stabbed

AnneBoleyn

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Please, Brits, fill me in on details.
Bryn Mawr

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AnneBoleyn;1497046 wrote: Please, Brits, fill me in on details.

During a constituency surgery - now in Leeds Hospital in a serious condition. A man in his fifties has been arrested but there are no details of who or why :-

Jo Cox MP critically injured amid shooting reports - BBC News
Bruv

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by Bruv »

We have nutters over here as well.

Another report
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by spot »

There seems no indication so far that she was an intended target, either.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AnneBoleyn

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by AnneBoleyn »

This is terrible. I would, as everyone, like to know the motives of the lunatic who attacked this woman. I have seen her name mentioned here in other threads, haven't I? Wasn't paying that much attention with all the insanity over here. Hope Ms. Cox recovers.
AnneBoleyn

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by AnneBoleyn »

spot;1497051 wrote: There seems no indication so far that she was an intended target, either.

If not, then who? Just general mayhem you mean?
spot

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by spot »

AnneBoleyn;1497053 wrote: If not, then who? Just general mayhem you mean?

I've no idea, I merely note that there seems no indication so far that she was an intended target. By which I mean there's information in that report which makes one wonder whether she might not have been."There was a guy who was being very brave and another guy with a white baseball cap who he was trying to control and the man in the baseball cap suddenly pulled a gun from his bag".

After a brief scuffle, he said the man stepped back and the MP became involved.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AnneBoleyn

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Thanks all. Hear anything else, please let me know.
Bruv

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1497056 wrote: Thanks all. Hear anything else, please let me know.

She has unfortunately died HERE
flopstock

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by flopstock »

The world needs a time out.

My condolences to my friends across the pond.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by spot »

That's very distressing, as was her being shot in the first place, I'm sorry to hear such bad news. There was an MP at a surgery attacked with a sword a while back too. How the local police are meant to offer security after this I can't imagine, it would give a bad image if they were stood on site whenever an MP is available to the public but at the same time no MP should be confronted with this degree of personal danger.
AnneBoleyn

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Oh NO. She died. Oh NO.

spot, before I came back just now I was thinking if she wasn't the target for the shooting, surely she was for the stabbing?

I am so saddened to hear this, very sorry for the beloved country of my heart.
AnneBoleyn

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1497058 wrote: She has unfortunately died HERE

Why was that miserable bastard's face shaded out so we can't see his hateful face? Is this a general practice?
Bryn Mawr

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AnneBoleyn;1497066 wrote: Oh NO. She died. Oh NO.

spot, before I came back just now I was thinking if she wasn't the target for the shooting, surely she was for the stabbing?

I am so saddened to hear this, very sorry for the beloved country of my heart.

It appears that she came out of the library where she was holding her surgery after the trouble had kicked off, at which point the man targeted her.

Whether she was the original target or just the one who ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time will, I think, take a long time to find out for definite.

RIP Jo
AnneBoleyn

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bryn Mawr;1497068 wrote: It appears that she came out of the library where she was holding her surgery after the trouble had kicked off, at which point the man targeted her.

Whether she was the original target or just the one who ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time will, I think, take a long time to find out for definite.

RIP Jo

A shooting can be accidental, but a stabbing is very personal, very deliberate. What a lovely woman Jo Cox was. I am so hurt for you all, an unbearable sadness has occurred. So wrong, so very wrong.
AnneBoleyn

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Watching BBC News: 52 yr. old named Tommy Mair, before beginning his savage attack overheard by witnesses: "Britain First" was his warcry. So, IMO, we will find a right wing lunatic with a grudge against Ms. Cox' liberal ways, including aid for Syrian refugees. Neighbor described him as "a man of few words", a quiet one.
AnneBoleyn

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Think I'll lie down with a mindless book for a bit. I've had it.
Saint_

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by Saint_ »

I am always saddened when someone is a crusader for something they believe in and a hater kills them for it. But how on Earth did the guy get a gun in Great Britain?! It was always something I envied of your country that you didn't have to worry about getting shot every time you walked out the door...
spot

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by spot »

I'd guess is was a shotgun - a gun which fires pellets to kill gamebirds - with the barrel sawn down to let it fit in a small space. Unmodified shotguns are available on license to law-abiding adults living outside cities.
Bruv

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by Bruv »

Saint_;1497119 wrote: But how on Earth did the guy get a gun in Great Britain?!

Unconfirmed but possibly he made his own from instructions obtained from across the pond. HERE
AnneBoleyn

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by AnneBoleyn »

What is bothering me is the lack of interest by our British members. This was a political assassination. This is BIG. I think you guys would rather discuss American insanity (and I am not denying it is there), then look into Jo Cox's murder in depth. I'm smelling hypocrisy & it stinks. Sorry.
gmc

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by gmc »

AnneBoleyn;1497152 wrote: What is bothering me is the lack of interest by our British members. This was a political assassination. This is BIG. I think you guys would rather discuss American insanity (and I am not denying it is there), then look into Jo Cox's murder in depth. I'm smelling hypocrisy & it stinks. Sorry.

We're more inclined to wait to find out exacty what happened rather than jump to concluscions no point in speculating. Also bear in mind the time difference, don't know where you are but odds are we're all asleep when youlre wide awake. I'm a sometimes insomniac which is hy I'm doing this at 6 am in the morning on a saturday.

It was and it wasn't political. It'll probably turn out he was a sad loner set off by the hate filed rhetoric of the leave campaign, britain first are frantically denying the killer had anything to do with them.

That is what is now an issue ukip and the like have been stirring up hatred and much of the debate on the eu centres round immigration and imagined interference by the eu in our affairs but in the main it's xenophobia playing on the fears of people looking for someone to blame for all that is wrong. There is an element of truth in what they say but much.

It was a right wing attack on a left wing politician - when you have a culture where the political climate makes it acceptable to express open hostility it's usually not long before it tips over in to violence - gives the nutters free rein as it were, just look at the violence anbd threats resulting from donald trump encouraging his supporters to assault hecklers.

The firearm he had was an illegal one unlike the US he can't walk in to a gun shop and buy an assault rifle.

In a way it's perhaops similar to your orlando shooter. Would he have done it if not insopired by the hate filled rhatoric against LBGT people coming from both muslim and christian pulpits? We have similar attacks happening here for much of the same reasons, similar except for the availability of guns.

There are indications that some will vote to leave as a way of getting at the tories most of the grievances are actually about our own governmnts but europe is getting the blame - if the bins aren't emptied it's becauser of eu health and safety regulations that kind of thing. The leave campaign aren't really putting a logical a case it's all immigrants immigramnts eu regulations save our fishing.
spot

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by spot »

gmc's quite right. I, for one, have little idea of the sequence or the intention on the day. The same was true in Orlando and I said very little about that at the time either. That doesn't question whether or not I'm upset by what happened in either place, it just means that there's a lot of fact to establish still.

What happened in Birstall doesn't seem simple at all.

It's why we Brits keep bringing back threads from years ago, when more details come to light. Sometimes it takes that long.
Bruv

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by Bruv »

It was a weirdo loner frustrated by his own inadequacies and racist opinions of world events.

He was concerned with the South African white farmer situation, thinking they had the rights over the land......for the reason they were white and superior.......he has watched the situation develop through on line reports where there are daily farm invasions and massacres, and believes the media is keeping it quiet.

He is of the age that has seen his town change rapidly with an influx of foreigners with funny dress and dark skins, and he knows his race is being killed off.......he can see it happening before his very eyes.

His local publicly lauded 'do gooder' MP was everything he hated, an Oxfam worker, who wanted to remain inside the EU and also wanted more dusky skinned Syrian Muslims to invade his white country.

There are people who honestly believe there is a Jewish conspiracy to kill off the white race with propaganda from the Jew dominated media,governments, finance, science, entertainment. All the homosexuality,mixed race marriages is driven by a conspiracy to wipe out gods own white race.

It probably was political and an assassination but it wasn't organised, it was the man himself that blew a fuse that day, much like Orlando, any connection to ISIS was simply for their own publicity, a feather in their cap so to speak.

It is worth keeping an eye on sites like Stormfront when stories like this occur, many of them sitting in claggy bedrooms massaging their egos with fellow losers, lead by a few intelligent but deluded dangerous people.
spot

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by spot »

Having heard of the chap's statement at the court in Westminster today, the picture has simplified quite a lot. He now seems pretty conclusively a loner intending to influence the referendum and that Jo Cox was deliberately targeted. He might even be comparable with the Norwegian right-wing killer in several ways, Anders Breivik.

Thomas Mair gave his name as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain", when he appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36567005

Bruv

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by Bruv »

A classic nutter in fact.And there is no defence against them.
spot

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by spot »

I think it important that nobody's decision to vote Remain or Leave should be influenced by one man's deliberate choice to intervene in so public and disgraceful a way. Any vote changed in reaction to the event, in either direction, would be encouragement to the next unbalanced extremist.

If he turns out to have lost his mental balance, and if he also turns out to have undergone prior psychiatric intervention, I'd have serious questions for whoever treated him.
Bruv

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by Bruv »

You are assuming the mental health care in the UK is adequate............it is not.

If anyone alters their vote on this event alone.......they too need some major help
FourPart

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by FourPart »

Britain First (a Neo-Nazi Party, formed mainly by former members of the BNP) were quick to disassociate him from having anything to do with them, claiming that he was not one of their members, nor that he was known to them, yet there is a photo currently circulating on Facebook that clearly shows him in centre position holding one of their banners.

Furthermore, apparently when the police raided his home he was found to have the place full of Nazi & Far Right material.

I may be in favour of Brexit, but I certainly do not condone this way of going about things.

One thing the BNP were always in favour of, so I imagine it would also apply to Britain First, was the reintroduction of the Death Penalty. Perhaps they have a case in this instance.
Betty Boop

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by Betty Boop »

FourPart;1497193 wrote: Britain First (a Neo-Nazi Party, formed mainly by former members of the BNP) were quick to disassociate him from having anything to do with them, claiming that he was not one of their members, nor that he was known to them, yet there is a photo currently circulating on Facebook that clearly shows him in centre position holding one of their banners.

Furthermore, apparently when the police raided his home he was found to have the place full of Nazi & Far Right material.

I may be in favour of Brexit, but I certainly do not condone this way of going about things.

One thing the BNP were always in favour of, so I imagine it would also apply to Britain First, was the reintroduction of the Death Penalty. Perhaps they have a case in this instance.

An eye for an eye ??? Seriously, good god.

The day the Death Penalty returns to this island is the day I leave it.
Bruv

Jo Cox shot stabbed

Post by Bruv »

FourPart;1497193 wrote: One thing the BNP were always in favour of, so I imagine it would also apply to Britain First, was the reintroduction of the Death Penalty. Perhaps they have a case in this instance.

They got the whole package wrong then didn't they ?

Return to “Current Events”