This is America

spot

This is America

Post by spot »

Before anyone complains about the thread title, it's a quote.

Man pleads guilty to grabbing, taking off woman's hijab on flight to ABQ | KOB.com

This happened last year and it's only just reached a stage where the chap enters a plea?

My interest, in posting the thread, is to find out what his sentence will be - up to one year in prison and a maximum fine of $100,000, according to a random web reprint. Perhaps the sentence hearing will also say whether he makes a habit of this.

Gastonia NC has finally achieved fame.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

This is America

Post by Bruv »

Might be less of a sentence if he had shot her ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

This is America

Post by spot »

Bruv;1495845 wrote: Might be less of a sentence if he had shot her ?

Only if there were no witnesses. Maybe if the plane was going through a tunnel.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

This is America

Post by Bruv »

spot;1495846 wrote: Only if there were no witnesses. Maybe if the plane was going through a tunnel.

No!! Stand your ground laws ?....hijabs can be very threatening, and a couple of like minded witnesses could swing it his way.
spot

This is America

Post by spot »

The advantage of leaving no witness is that the jury only gets to hear your version of events and, it would appear, invariably believes what you say so long as your victim wasn't white.
Bruv

This is America

Post by Bruv »

Taking out the pilot would be sheer stupidity..........pull yourself together man.
Wandrin

This is America

Post by Wandrin »

His plea agreement calls for 2 months of home probation, although the time and conditions could be altered. Since he did it on a plane, it went to federal court. If he had done it in North Carolina, he could have said that he was afraid she might use the wrong bathroom.
Saint_

This is America

Post by Saint_ »

Wandrin;1495877 wrote: His plea agreement calls for 2 months of home probation, although the time and conditions could be altered. Since he did it on a plane, it went to federal court. If he had done it in North Carolina, he could have said that he was afraid she might use the wrong bathroom.

Since it was a flight to New Mexico, if he had waited he'd have got no sentence at all. Possibly even a party in the hills.
ZAP

This is America

Post by ZAP »

Wandrin;1495877 wrote: His plea agreement calls for 2 months of home probation, although the time and conditions could be altered. Since he did it on a plane, it went to federal court. If he had done it in North Carolina, he could have said that he was afraid she might use the wrong bathroom.

".... afraid she might use the wrong bathroom." :yh_yinyan :yh_giggle
FourPart

This is America

Post by FourPart »

ZAP;1495967 wrote: ".... afraid she might use the wrong bathroom." :yh_yinyan :yh_giggle

Such a silly name as well. How many bathrooms, in this context, have baths?

Return to “Current Events”